bball is fun
Years ago

This weeks u12 boys finals

Good luck to all the boys playing in U12 boys preliminary finals this week.

Div 1 Sturt v Woodville
Div 2 South Adelaide v Sturt

Congratulations to those teams already in the Grand Finals

Div 1 Norwood
Div 2 Norwood

It would be great to see some close matches Friday night and who knows maybe even a little restraint from some parents which would allow positive remarks to be posted on here afterwards.

Topic #23756 | Report this topic

bball is fun  
Years ago

We all saw the referee abuse letter dtails and the resulting forum discussuions afterwards.

It is about time that some of the clubs out there got serious with parent abuse and set some clear guidelines about what will be tolerated. We know clubs are great at ensuring abuse is not thrown around court side during games and the players are the beneficiary's of this.
It would now be great to see management at clubs starting to speak to the parents that make posts on here. This is another form of abuse - whether aimed at players or parents and I can guarantee you after speaking with players from 3 different clubs in U12 boys that yes the players are aware of the forum and the recent activity.
It is time for ALL the parents out there to start acting like parents.

Reply #288643 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree BBall but I think clubs also have a responsibility to manage their coaches and the abuse that comes from some to refs. It is not just parents - at times the attitude of coaches to refs simply inflames the situation!!

Reply #288648 | Report this post

please explain  
Years ago

Who abused who? This is only U/12's

Reply #288653 | Report this post

bball is fun  
Years ago

Anonymous - I understand your point and I think it has been made enough times already on these forums. I have spoken with a number of the clubs concerned and all assure me that the relevant coaches have been spoken with.

Now all that needs to occur is the parents from said teams, to now have a good look at them selves.

Please explain - there was some concerns over past couple of weeks from parents that some coaches were abusive towards umpires.
This then was blown out of proportion by a number of different responses from different teams on an earlier blog, which then basically resulted in verbal abuse being thrown around on that blog.

From a basketball perspective there was no Tech fouls issued during these games and the umpires did not see a need to log a formal complaint either.

Once again as earlier stated all concerns have stemed from parents/observers on this site.

Our point of view is that hopefully the parents concerned - during this weeks game and then the grand finals put the same sort of effort into positively encouraging their team and also that of the other team.
It has been great to see some games this year where parents from both teams applaud and show their appreciation when the players do something well regardless of what colour shirt they are wearing.

Reply #288702 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Would be good though if the Refs for the upcoming finals were more experienced and more mature and were not afraid to tech foul coaches that get out of hand with overly animated gestures toward them and question calls they make. Bring in the ABA refs for those coaches whose reputations precede them. And not just for Div 1! Get it right BSA dont let coaches intimidate the refs to the point that it is going to cost trophies.

Reply #288704 | Report this post

Tony  
Years ago

All the Norwood and Sturt people make it seem like everybody does not exist. That you are the only good clubs. Well Woodville are going to show you both how ordinary you are...........

Reply #288784 | Report this post

shano  
Years ago

Lol, its under 12..settle down guys.

Reply #288819 | Report this post

hanging round  
Years ago

Is this series "Live" on 1HD?
Would BSA look at making it a best of 3 Series with all the interest generated?

Reply #288821 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

make it best of seven series.

full lights out with spotlight player introductions.

half-time show.

oh and definatly live on OneHD.

Reply #288828 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe we should get the sixers to play a curtain raiser before the 12 final

Reply #288832 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

INXS could play prior to make sure they have the right mix for the AFL Grand Final, or fly Bono in for a private gig!

Reply #288834 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Don't you mean the AFL is the warm up?

Reply #288836 | Report this post

hangin round  
Years ago

Sorry Jack, but the Junior finals finish first- unless we go to best of 7 that is

Reply #288839 | Report this post

Dean  
Years ago

Best of 7 6 to 1 GO WOODVILLE

Reply #288846 | Report this post

Westbearcub  
Years ago

PLease dont take this the wrong way but what is up with this forum and under1 2 latly am i the only one that has noticed under 12s have been brought up a lot. is there something im missing??

Reply #288856 | Report this post

Me3  
Years ago

I think that a lot of U 12 parents have found this site.

How about the Div 3 finals in U 12 boys. Only one team from the northern pool was good enough to make the second week of the finals.

South and Sturt play off in one game and Norwood and Southern in the other.

Lets build some hype for these boys too as they have worked just as hard this season

Reply #288888 | Report this post

juno17  
Years ago

seems to be alot of comedians in the last few posts. The topic is for under 12's grand final idiots. This is important to some people. seems to be alot of people with something to say, but who say nothing!

Reply #288921 | Report this post

nix94  
Years ago

Tony, bring it on, you dont stand a chance against sturt tonight. Sturt norwood GF next week.

Reply #288922 | Report this post

Dean  
Years ago

Woodville will smash Sturt & Norwood

Reply #288980 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

This is bigger than the hype for the Collingwood v Essendon game on Anzac day

Reply #288984 | Report this post

Angelo  
Years ago

Saw the game last week. Norwood point guard is the best player in Australia for his age. Little guy is a true champion and head and shoulders the difference between the teams. Looked like he should be a STAR of the future. Even if he is small.

Good luck stopping him.

Reply #289001 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Angelo - He is quick but he lacks a dominant left side and once you know him he is capable of being stopped. Overplay his right and guard him with a pacy player and he comes back to the field.

Reply #289021 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's also 11!

Social basketball teams and amateur footy leagues are full of ex-Under 12 basketball superstars.

Take a breath guys.

Reply #289028 | Report this post

Me3  
Years ago

Are all 3 divs going to be Norwood v Sturt?

Div 3 Sturt and Norwood boys won today. What were the other results please.

Reply #289056 | Report this post

nix94  
Years ago

Dean, saw the sturt woodville game last night, woodville were never in the game. I was disapointed to see the lack of pressure and defence from the woodville players. I was hoping they would win, but was never meant to be. Norwood, sturt GF as predicted. Should be a great game as both teams are very good

Reply #289065 | Report this post

opti  
Years ago

Am I wrong or I recall someone saying that woodville would get past sturt!!! There is no way that that woodville team could get past sturt unless half of the sturt team have gone bush! not even close! the two deserving teams are in the grandfinal and it promises to be a great game!

May the best team on the day win!

Reply #289078 | Report this post

Me3  
Years ago

I am contacting ESPN and Fox Sports.
I have pre ordered the DVD too

Reply #289080 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Jack Nicholson has booked his Hollywood seat

Reply #289081 | Report this post

Larc21  
Years ago

You are all f manyooks.

Reply #289090 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Angelo, Any chance I can get his autograph - might be something I can sell later on in life!!

Reply #289245 | Report this post

Angelo  
Years ago

Just telling how i saw it. Samson i think his name is. It may well be worth millions in the years to come.

Heaad and shoulders above the rest.

Reply #289303 | Report this post

Victorians cousin  
Years ago

Get Real what is this cra..... above. Must be the highlight of your sporting careers. Pity the young kids having parents like you mob.

Reply #289319 | Report this post

Angelo  
Years ago

Not as parent. Just an observer who saw the game last week. Stunning player.

Reply #289336 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

you don't get out much do you Angelo!

Reply #289337 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The biggest problem is when the kids buy into this misguided hype. This is wear poaching comes into play too playing on the egos of kids to get them to move over to your team selfishly.

In my experience the most successful kids in sport are the ones that have had to battle their way to success, often at the smaller clubs, not the 10 yr old primodona's who turn into 17 yr olds with attitude problems and 22 yr old washups.

Ahh I can see the future all too well for these kids and I just wish I could let others see my crystal ball.

Reply #289339 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think you have hit the nail on the head anon

Reply #289344 | Report this post

hanging round  
Years ago

Just wondering if the game will be shown live, or on delay on 1HD. If live, I might save my $3 and buy some extra streamers for the lounge.

Sorry! Good luck to both teams and hope it's a great game.

Reply #289350 | Report this post

Ariel_Scores  
Years ago

Angelo,

If this kid is the best kid in the country, why did his team do so poor at classics?

And if you compared this years sturt group to last years team, it would maybe be a 30 point difference with last years group winning.

All in all, your opinion shows a deep lack of understanding and knowledge.

Reply #289386 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ariel_Scores, his team didnt do poorly at the classics, they only lost one game for the whole carnival. Thats less than the team who finished second.The team who finished 2nd hasn't been able to beat this norwood team in the last 7 attempts, so not much to say there. Pitty you cant compare this norwood team to last years sturt team, you might be surprised with the outcome. There are at least 3 or 4 players in that team that are as good as the boy mentioned, I certainly couldn't pick the best player. I would like them all in my team. The only time I have seen all 5 play well in the same game was when they beat sturt by 20(could have been more but relaxed in the last 1/4) so doesnt put them far of your dream team.

Reply #289424 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon above. Seems you have a great development program from U10' to now. Can you please tell me how you developed these players so much when they first started with Norwood in U10's.

Thanks as I would like to dtart our young ones off on the right path which you did 4 years ago!

Reply #289441 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

to anon above, I can only speak from my experience, my son loves his basketball and pactices everyday. He always has a bball in his hand He has been playing since he was 5 and always puts in 100%. Skills, skills,skills.Throw this together with a group of mates that all share the same passion and there you are. HARD WORK EQUALS RESULTS!!! He has had the same input from the same coach since he started district basketball. His attitude of the above statement has made all the differenc. So IMO, a great coaching staff ,a group of good mates who share a love for the game and alot of fun will always get results

Reply #289443 | Report this post

Europa 79  
Years ago

Bit stiff a Sturt parent bagging Norwood for poaching, check out just about every Sturt div 1 team goin round. People in glass houses throwing stones again.

Reply #289446 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Seriously is this thread still going!!!! FFS let it go people!

Reply #289448 | Report this post

nix94  
Years ago

If your team is losing maybe you should stop bagging other people on this forum and look at why this is happening. Any club can teach their kids plays, stand there, run there, pass here. But at this age group it should all be about ball skills and having fun. Skills are what makes players great.

Reply #289457 | Report this post

lo 88  
Years ago

Dont like losing, lets look for reasons, Boo hoo, that teams got better players than us. or that team recruited some u12's(yeah right). Just because you dont have the best team this year, Get over yourself. Ah thats right its u12's who cares? And yes this thread is still going.

Reply #289458 | Report this post

Dean  
Years ago

Which club has been guaranteed 2 div two teams next year ?

Reply #289459 | Report this post

Angelo  
Years ago

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!
this really means a lot to people.

Just saying that he was a good player.....

Still say everytime they were in trouble. He is the man that got them out.

Reply #289461 | Report this post

Wayne  
Years ago

Heard Sturt was getting an exemption for Under 14's to the rule changes.

Good luck to them.

Reply #289463 | Report this post

Nathan  
Years ago

Based on results they deserve it. Look at 14's this year.

Reply #289464 | Report this post

Alex  
Years ago

If other clubs lift there game they will get the same treatment.

Reply #289465 | Report this post

Henry  
Years ago

Good luck let's hope the coaches don't lose there cool.

Reply #289466 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

I heard that whoever finishes top gets two teams in division 2 next year. In each year level.

Anyone know if this is true.

Reply #289467 | Report this post

Dwayne  
Years ago

I heard this as well will be announced after summer but that is the plan. Doesn't seem fair to me

Reply #289469 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Is anything that BSA does fair?

Reply #289471 | Report this post

Angelo  
Years ago

Good luck to Sturt & Norwood kids. Based on what I saw stop that Norwood kid and you win. He is the sole difference between the teams. Never have I seen one lad make such a difference. To Norwood stop the big Sturt kid and your half way there.

Reply #289538 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So when is it you are supposed to finish top - Summer season or this winter season. And is it Div 1 or 2. If it is winter it makes no sense!

Reply #289549 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I am still waiting on what development work you did with these kids 4 years ago when they started in U 10's Norwood!!

Reply #289550 | Report this post

Tony  
Years ago

Confirmed 1 team each division next year accept Sturt. Change for summer will allow extra teams.

Interesting to see how clubs handle this.

1st years in div 2 or second years ????

Reply #289574 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

Great for Sturt. They mentioned this at trials.

Reply #289575 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Surely in your Div 2 you have to go to your likely team for the following year Div 1 supplemented maybe by a couple of second years. If not the jump from Div3 to Dv 1 is too big. If this is true about Sturt it gives them a huge advantage in so many areas.

Reply #289577 | Report this post

Wayne  
Years ago

Agree.

A huge advantage. Will help with development and recruiting.

Reply #289593 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sorry anon My son didn't start at norwood under 10's. His development started in social basketball and in the backyard at home. Brett Maher starting 5 ect. Norwood development program in juniors is all skill based, thats why the boys have a high level of skill.This has to be the most important foundation for young kids. So you can try and have a recruitment crack all you like, but you are a bit light on any facts!

Reply #289595 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sorry anon - I don't think was a crack at all just a question of how you structure your U10's development 4 years ago. Why is everyone at Norwood so sensitive over this!!

Reply #289616 | Report this post

Wayne  
Years ago

Anonymous

Who are you ???

Reply #289617 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Lets not brand kids as great, average or otherwise. Lets remember the are kids and have their whole lives ahead of them. I have seen many stand out players who have been dominant in their year levels and over time loose that dominance. Control the egos, teach respect, ensure a sound work ethic and provide good coaching and they will succeed (it is how most of the good players are where they are today!!!!)

Reply #289684 | Report this post

Angelos absence is deafening.

Reply #289697 | Report this post

Angelo  
Years ago

So what happened ????

Reply #289724 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

guys- it's under 12s for ffs- lets be honest- THEY ARE KIDS- let them enjoy it and have fun and develop their games!!!

Reply #289730 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Angelo you are pathetic. What happened? Your kids team lost.

Reply #289732 | Report this post

Angelo,

If your kid was the 'best kid in the country', nobody saw it.

To try and now deflect your claims is just a joke.

I wonder how much parents like Angelo filling their kids full of crap went into Friday nights game?

Reply #289744 | Report this post

Hydra 24  
Years ago

The silence is now deafening.

Reply #291310 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You are an idiot "hydra 24"

Reply #291313 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

any more Div 1 players from other clubs joined this age group for Norwood during the season break to help recover the lost ground?

Reply #291315 | Report this post

norwood101  
Years ago

anon, no lost ground to recover. but nice try anyway.see ya next season with a great bunch of 1st year u14s that i am sure will develop into another great team, thanks to great coaches and hard work

Reply #291630 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

so no more kids picked up from other U12 div 1 teams??

Reply #291639 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My grapevine tells me that NBC has made another successful raid on a country town. Looking for Gold in a copper town.

Reply #291650 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I have heard that via their Saturday competition they have convinced another U12 Div 1 player to switch into their U 14 program

Reply #291664 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No need to pick up any other kids, they have developed plenty already!

Reply #291674 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Seems while they think they have developed they see the need to keep bringing in new kids

Reply #291675 | Report this post

ben  
Years ago

Rockets are leaking like their roof.

Reply #291736 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:08 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754