Loco
Years ago

14 sec shot clock reset?

Speaking to a member of the score bench and even she's not sure where the 14 second front court reset came from?

Did I miss an additional rule change along with the 3pt line, keyway and cylinder?

And re: cylinder below the hoop - why the frak was that an offensive foul?! Ugh!

Topic #23772 | Report this topic

SRT070  
Years ago

I know exactly what you mean LOCO, i saw that shot clock on 1 second and it was a side ball, and i knew they werent going to be able to do anything, then next thing i noticed was the shot clock counted up. where was our charity shot clock?? i hope these work experience refs arent doing the main NBL season games

Reply #288946 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

^^^ I hear ya.

Apparently all resets are to 14 seconds now? Is it because of the 10min qtrs? Wasn't it 10mins and 24 secs last year on a reset?

* confused face *

Reply #288948 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Resets to 14 seconds if there is a foul with less than 14 seconds on the clock. Otherwise the clock restarts from whatever it was on.

Reply #288952 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Check out the new FIBA rules:
http://www.fiba.com/downloads/Rules/2010/OfficialBasketballRules2010.pdf

Article 50 on Page 54 details the shot clock operator duties and new 14 second reset rules

Reply #288953 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

cant they just have 12 min qtrs again and bring back jump ball. that would make it so much better.

yeh last season was 24 sec reset in 10min quarters. not sure who is making these changes im guessing fiba

Reply #288954 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Article 29 on Page 30 also refers to 24/14 second rule

Reply #288955 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Cheers for the reference Anon and the info Isaac - much appreciated.

Reply #288956 | Report this post

DaddyO  
Years ago

Is this rule change going to be applied in the grand finals next week? Most of the shot clocks around the traps can't be adjusted up, so there's going to be a fair amount of time spent with everyone watching the clock being reset to 14 seconds...

Reply #288957 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

applies to new season

Reply #288958 | Report this post

DaddyO  
Years ago

Of course - NBL is new season.

It also says in large friendly letters on the front of the rules "1 October 2010"

Previous comment still applies - it will cause games to run longer.

Reply #288959 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yes it will until equipment is upgraded to have dual buttons to reset the shot clock. 1 button to reset to 24 and 1 button to 14. good luck with the wait...

Reply #288960 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

DaddyO, doubt they'd modify rules part way through the season. e.g., at the Dome, old key and three-point lines had to be retained until the ABL season was done and the new key markings are only getting added today.

I assume they were reffing the new three-point line last night? If so, pretty high percentages from both teams despite it being further out.

Reply #288961 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

Yes they were reffing from the new line. some impressive shooting

Reply #288962 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Spanish LEB which Loughton, Barlow and Devries played in last year trialed the new markings and in the games I saw it didnt really seem to make much of a difference. It is only half a step out after all.

I have shot on both markings and they dont seem to make a difference - I cant hit from either.

Reply #288981 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:58 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754