mystro
Years ago

Abercrombie has Europe in his sights

After playing well in Turkey for the TallBlacks, Tom Abercrombie has received a lot of interest from clubs in Europe and believes he is closing in on his dream to play over there.
Abercrombie has said that regardless of what offers he recieves, he will be playing for the Breakers this season.
Europe can keep their eyes off Penney, he's ours lol
I'd give him up for the NBA but not Euro League

Topic #23811 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Penney is in a duel with a former NBA player for the Maccabi spot... NBA name escapes me.

Abercrombie certainly has good upside he just needs to get the jumper tighter and a strong handle.

Reply #289444 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Maccabi spot is Kirk's if he wants it and the Breakers choose to release him, but I dont think that will eventuate. He is in US at the moment apparently looking for an NBA gig, failing that word is he'll be a Breaker.

Reply #289486 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Penney has been there done that in regards to Europe, he signed with the Breakers because he wanted his family to live in NZ.
Be cool if he got an NBA gig but yeah otherwise he's a Breaker.

Reply #289487 | Report this post

gavmiester  
Years ago

Good luck to Abercrombie. He has always reminded me of a young Sammy mac, great athlete, questionable jumper and handle. He has already made a good comeback from injury, so good luck to the kid. WOuld prefer him to stay in the nbl for a couple more years, simply because he is good to watch, and we have already lost so many athletic 2/3 guys in Brad, Jingles, Barlow etc.

Reply #289492 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Since the WC's there has been media speculation in Europe that powerhouse Israeli club Maccabi Tel Aviv (for whom Penney has played previously) were about to make a major offer for the Kiwi star.

It's understood Penney's US-based agent has received considerable interest for the New Zealander, but it seems Penney is content exactly where he is for now.

"He's here, he's training today and his wife is due to arrive any day," Breakers general manager Richard Clarke said.

"The only reason he would leave now is for a guaranteed NBA job."

Clarke confirmed that the club would not stand between Penney and realising his NBA dreams, and he has a clause in his contract that allows him to exercise that right.

From stuff.co.nz

Reply #289559 | Report this post

the awnser  
Years ago

Reply #420518 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:35 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754