Alex
Years ago

U12 Boys Champs are STURT

Congratulations to Sturt.

Topic #23832 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Seriously who cares except mummy and daddy it's under 12's!!!!

Reply #289659 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think it shows how good Sturt are at developing players. Norwood had a lot of player fall into their lap and over the yr were the dominant team. Sturt passed them by as displayed at the Classics and in the WInter season GF.

Reply #289661 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My predictions came to fruition. Sturt were closing the gap and always were a better drilled team but individual performances got Norwood over the line earlier in the season.

The two that matter - classics and winter GF - Sturt 2 - Norwood - 0

Reply #289663 | Report this post

Alex  
Years ago

Agree Norwood had 5 kids and they played 99% of court time tonight and Sturt ran a team game and were full of run at the end.

Well done Sturt

Reply #289665 | Report this post

Sturt smasher  
Years ago

It's under 12's for crying out loud they should be playing for the fun of it, and you parents that get on here and point score are a disgrace, the ivory tower at sturt is going to fall shortly and I will be driving the wrecking ball!!

Reply #289668 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

I am just glad all this hype is over!

Reply #289671 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

......it'll never be over........

Reply #289672 | Report this post

Detroit  
Years ago

Ha ha love the self reply jack!

Reply #289675 | Report this post

Me3  
Years ago

yeeh har my dvd is on the way

Reply #289687 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Alex,

I presume the Sturt Coach had a plan to beat Norwood and it was executed well. To rely on 5 players in a grand final is disappointing for the rest of the Norwood team

Reply #289688 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

An additional grade in U12 is proposed for next season. The Super-Duper Premier League will sit above the Division 1 state league.

Rather than play for fitness, fun, enjoyment and cheap plastic trophies, any club participating in the SDPL will be required to nominate a cattle or sheep station which will go into the prize pool.

Part of the nomination fee will also contribute to a team of physios who will offer free ego massages to parents on the sidelines during games.

Reply #289692 | Report this post

DA man  
Years ago

NORWOOD have been the best team all year end of story.
they might have won a grandfinel but so have NORWOOD and the avrage shows norwood are better then sturt.

Reply #289693 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

DA Man - how can you say that - it was predicted by many that Sturt would develop faster and with better coaching have overtaken Norwood. Just think what would happen if Sturt's focus was on the second half of the season post classics rather than preparing for U14's.

I wonder how many "new" faces we will see at Norwood next season to overcome their deficiencies!

Reply #289695 | Report this post

DA man,

You are only as good as your last game.

Does Geelongs last 2 Grand Finals wins make them better than Collingwood? Not anymore!

One team has imporved more than the other, and have proven that they are "now" better. That is the way sport goes.

I think that people are highlighting this more because of Norwoods recruiting policy, whilst claiming development, more than anything else.

Reply #289698 | Report this post

';'  
Years ago

Da Man.. Average out the classics medal and you will have the best team...

Reply #289700 | Report this post

reality check 1  
Years ago

its just a pitty that sturt ane not the best in the state. Oh thats right you dont like to mention that. season record norwood v sturt, Norwood 7 sturt 1. Norwood summer GF, State champs and runner up in GF, only lost 1 game at the classics, thats not bad. Sturt runner up at classics winner of winter GF. Not quite as good as record. Sturt were the better team on the night, not for the year, Anyone who thinks differently need to leave thier dream World!!!!!!!!

Reply #289701 | Report this post

Facts Man  
Years ago

Reality you can say what you like but minor round games mean nothing. Medal games are what count - is that the reason for the coach basically only running five players!

Now back to the facts that count: State comp medals-Sturt 1 Norwood 1. To Australian wide comp where the best play (classics) medals- Sturt 1 - Norwood 0.

So in all reality the facts that matter show that Sturt is #1 and Nowood #2. To all other eight clubs out there-lock up your bigger players as in my opinion Norwood will need to develop in this area or the gap will get wider and wider

Reply #289702 | Report this post

shano  
Years ago

Ha this is funny..it's under 12's! Whatever happened to playing for enjoyment and fun? Fantastic stuff.

Reply #289703 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

anon, not sure Sturt could claim developing the players at U12 .....lol

Reply #289704 | Report this post

Reporter  
Years ago

Apparently three of Norwood players held a press conference after the loss and said they are "taking their talents to West Beach".

Reply #289747 | Report this post

teamwork lover  
Years ago

Congratulations to the Norwood Div 2 boys for winning the grand final, great teamwork. There always has to be a second place, well done Sturt for a good game. No one should be giving anyone a hard time. They are kids and play for enjoyment as well as striving for a good and challenging game and to improve their skills. The adults should be supporting the boys, as after all they are children and look up to us to set a good example, win or lose.

Reply #289754 | Report this post

wow  
Years ago

I love it how this site is run by sturt just like all bball. As soon as the balance is broken and a different than sturt win a div 1 comp, everyone starts calling them poachers. I dont think they realise that norwood 12 boys have 1 player from north and 2 from west that came together. The rest we raised ourselves. Sturt poach in every age group and no one on here complains. You guys are all sad. Grow up!

Reply #289758 | Report this post

wow  
Years ago

I love it how this site is run by sturt just like all bball. As soon as the balance is broken and a different than sturt win a div 1 comp, everyone starts calling them poachers. I dont think they realise that norwood 12 boys have 1 player from north and 2 from west that came together. The rest we raised ourselves. Sturt poach in every age group and no one on here complains. You guys are all sad. Grow up!

Reply #289760 | Report this post

reality check 1  
Years ago

Fact Man,certainly not sturt 1#, norwood 2#. These teams met 8 times this year. Norwood 7 wins, sturt 1 win. Sturt may have one the winter gf, but norwood still state champs 2010! and also summer gf winners. You say that minor round games dont matter, I think not. They show who is cosistantly the best team all year. Apart from the winter grand final what else did sturt come first in?? No prizes for 2nd place. If your development is so good then what happened to the dream team, U14 div1 boys???????

Reply #289771 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

When does the summer season start??

Reply #289772 | Report this post

mike 35to50  
Years ago

Was a great game on friday night. The winner was always going to be the team who played best on the night. This was sturt. They shot very well and didnt miss much for the whole night. This was the main differance between the teams, norwood hurried things and put up alot of bad shots. Both teams have great respect for each other and its been a great year for both clubs. Pity some of the idiots on this site cant yourselves. Looking forward to the same battles next season. Congratulations to the sturt boys see you in under 14'S

Reply #289774 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You can talk it up all you want reality. No-one remembers minor round games - all that counts are medals.

If you don't believe me who was the best team during the season when Sturt won the U14 nationals about 5 years ago. The answer is West with Nathan Spehr. They had a bad game in the semi's of the state champs and Norwood threw a hail Mary on the final siren to knock West out of the final and the nationals.

No-one remembers that now and no-one will remember 7 games that counted for nothing!

Reply #289777 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

and BTW Wow - 3 ex North players and 2 ex West players account for over half your team. I could name them for you but rules don't allow it.

Reply #289778 | Report this post

reality check 1  
Years ago

anon, only 2 ex north players in div 1 and 2 west. and really who cares, its not like they went out and recruited anyway. As for not remembering, they were the team to beat all year and state champs! its a shame you cant admit they are a good team. Nobody remebers 2nd place, history records winners. summer grad final NORWOOD, state champs NORWOOD, winter grand final STURT, classics MELBOURNE TIGERS. SO I suppose only grand final games count, not semi's ect. If you dont win there you dont even make the grand final. Nice to be able to chose which games you would like to remember.

Reply #289804 | Report this post

reality check 1  
Years ago

anon, only 2 ex north players in div 1 and 2 west. and really who cares, its not like they went out and recruited anyway. As for not remembering, they were the team to beat all year and state champs! its a shame you cant admit they are a good team. Nobody remebers 2nd place, history records winners. summer grad final NORWOOD, state champs NORWOOD, winter grand final STURT, classics MELBOURNE TIGERS. SO I suppose only grand final games count, not semi's ect. If you dont win there you dont even make the grand final. Nice to be able to chose which games you would like to remember.

Reply #289805 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There is 3 Reality - one made his way there the previous year.

Summer grand final means nothing - everyone knows that.

People remember medals at national tournaments

You are only as good as your last game which, from my recollection, was runner-up!!

Perhaps if you were a bit more gracious about performances such as Woodville then perhaps we can be more gracious to you. I must admit the silence of the other Norwood people who commented on Woodville is deafening!!!

Reply #289807 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How is this thread still up? We're talking about 10 year old kids here. If any one of you posters are a parent then shame on you. Your child plays the game he loves for enjoyment and the posts on here are embarrassing for a parent to be writing. If your not a parent then STFU! These kids should be left to learn and develop at their own speed in comfort and not be shamed on a public forum.

I wish my child played in one of the teams mentioned as I would then demand this whole thread be deleted for the protection of my child, as any decent parent should be asking.

Reply #289811 | Report this post

reality check 1  
Years ago

there is nothing left to say about woodville, they didnt make the grand final.As for gracious, you have got to be kidding! I remember winners for the year, not medals. all grand final are inportant to the kids, they not only play for enjoyment, but I dont know any who play to be runners up.IMO sturt didnt have the dominance they have had in provous years, they wern't the best overall this season, but had the last laugh. Sturt boys were too good for norwood on the night. They played great and finally won. A great victory for the boys. Well done.

Reply #289814 | Report this post

willis  
Years ago

if anything apart from it being pulled for talking about 10 and 11 year olds. Norwood should ask it to be pulled cause it is a bad image for their club.

I shake my head and can not believe the parents in all of this they should be throughly proud of their kids and totally and utterly ashamed of their actions.

Reply #289819 | Report this post

Triton 12  
Years ago

I think its funny that the Norwood parents can't get it through their heads that other teams have improved more than their little Johnny.

And that people actually have nothing against the kids, that we all think that they are good players.

But to claim that a kid is the 'best in the country" is a joke. Especially when nobody has seen every kid from WA, Queensland or even Tassie. And before the ignorant Nowrood parents laugh about Tassie players, go check out Hugh Greenwood, maybe the best kid in his age group in the country who is a Tassie kid.

What people are also laughing at is the lack of class shown by these parents with regards to opposition teams and development. Having the best kids at the start of the season doesn't count for much. And if you look at the season itself, both Sturt and Woodville improved more than the Norwood team. If this continues over time, within 2 years, they might not even by in the top 3 teams.

We all look forward to the blame game being played as this continues over time, and for more dumb comments about how this kid and that kid are the G.O.A.T when really they haven't done anything other than 1 meaningful win at State Champs.

Reply #289828 | Report this post

whatacroc  
Years ago

triton12 the lack of development in all these post are at norwood not the other way around. I have not read a post attcking the development regarding any club, except for norwood. As for lack of class I dont think any Norwood person started this thread. You are no better than anyone else on this forum. I think you will find that the laughs you can hear are the ones in your head. As for the best kid in the country, dont know where that comes from but I am sure you haven't seen them all either. You genralise all norwood parents, you must know them all do you? As for wich teams improved, I think they all have, but according to you it is only 2 clubs that have improved. Its coments like yours that inflame the situation. So I hope you fell better that you posted all that CRAP and you can get on with your meaningful life.

Reply #289859 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Actually not only one player is from north they had 4 and 2 from west that equals a team they couldn't home grow themselves so like it or not they did poach n still didn't win the grand final!!

Reply #290108 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

2 players come in under 12s first year then 2 in under 12s second year from north well done to the shooting clinic organizers and 36ers camp employees for that transition and 2 from west which happen to be closely associated to the above mentioned.

Reply #290110 | Report this post

William Wallace  
Years ago

Hey everyone on here who is taking this way to seriously, maybe we can have a sturt v norwood rematch at the dome and have the 36ers play as a curtain raiser.
Than all the kids who play can hang around and sign autographs and pose for photos with people.

Reply #290124 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

It will all be sorted by U18's - would like to revisit this post when these kids are in 18's and see who is still playing and who is playing Div 1

Reply #290128 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

With parents like you guys, I doubt if any of the kids will still be playing.!!

Reply #290129 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This doesnt sound like parents surely not?????

Reply #290131 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Last time there was this much talk about U12 was two years ago when Woodville knocked off Sturt in Div 2. Woodville was coached by a chap called Ray Pearce who had apparently been told by Woodville that his services were not required for next season. Woodville came from 3rd to snare the title.
Looks like a couple of parents must of had some sherberts to celebrate the win and created the post - have a look at the site history and have a laugh at what was said. Makes this year's mudfest look ordinary.

Sadly though, of the Woodies boys who played in Ray's team I don't think many are still playing

Reply #290134 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

"Woodville Under 12 Div2 Defeated Sturt Div 2"

My favourite reply being:

The SA Film Corporation may be investigating a movie deal based on the game, directed by Scott Hicks, photography by Dean Semmler.

Key Roles to be filled by prominant South Aussies:

Shaun Micalleff and Francis Greenslade are down as the umpires, Alexander Downer is slated as playing the Sturt coach and Jimmy Barnes the Woodville coach. Christopher Pyne is being approached as the Sturt water boy.

Lleyton Hewitt may feature in a non-talking role as the annoying parent with Bec Cartright in the stands as well.

Both Kevin Rudd and Mike Rann have already signed up for cameo appearances as the kids who mop the floor.

Nathan Roberts is geared up (or un-geared up) for a half time streak (contract signed up for $50) with Boti Nagy considering the role of the first aider when Nathan knocks himself out after slipping up on a water spill that Mike Rann missed (where's Karlene).

The acerbic courtside announcer is to be none other than the pride of Woodville High School himself, Peter Goers.

Should be a hit on You-tube.

I forgot to mention the boys. As consensus seems to be that Sturt are evil, the Sturt boys will b played by orcs and the Woodville boys by hobbits.

Filmed at Athol Park (but made to look like the Dome), the scores are tied up in the dying seconds of the game when an orc rips off the arms of a hobbit in an arm hack.

First aider Boti Nagy rushes to the poor lad's side, and when the camera pans onto him he stares down the lens "you know what the difference is between this lad and the NBL salary cap? They're both 'armless" BOOM BOOM

The umpires Shaun Micalleff and Francis Greenslade were reminiscing about their glory days in Adelaide University Footlights ("Supoena hard day's night" eh boys) and missed the hack, but quickly summon the floor moppers. Rudd has disappeared to China (after appearing on Rove) and Rann, upon seeing work to be done, sends in backup mopper Kevin Foley to clean the court and quickly organises a trip to Japan.

With 2 seconds on the clock and all tied up, the fat kid who has sat on the bench all year and not played gets to the court and is thrown the ball. He throws the ball from his backcourt for a swish (thank you Andrew Webber for playing the stunt man)

Meanwhile, as the Toorak tractors file out of the gates, in the carpark a dejected homeless man on a park bench finds a dollar dropped in the grass "I'm rich again!" As the camera pans in, the face of Eddie is revealed (refer changingplaces/coming to America)

Reply #290136 | Report this post

MP  
Years ago

Waaaayyyyyy too much time on your hands Jack! :)

Reply #290153 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reality Check 1,

My Sturt u14 div1 boys are not a "dream team"
they are 11,12 and 13 year olds
developing juniors

Winter final Forestville played awsome, they led us at half time and then nailed us in the third, by the end of the year they were a top ten team nationally.

What happened to us ?????
We lost to a good side.
But we also had a reasonable nationals
If you had any idea you would have held your criticism of our development till after our year was over. We only lost the semi final by two.

Most of these u12 posts are comical

Please any parents posting here.

Congratulate the kids, but don't let results cloud the fact competition is what is important. Both these teams have improved with good young coaches.

When you criticise a team or a club for, poaching, lack of development one off results whatever reason, you actually indirectly criticise the volunteer coaches. Just like the person that gives up there time to coach your son/daughter.

The best thing you can do is get out from behind the computer go out the back with your kid or take them to the nearest court. Rebound for them consistently the extra shots will give them confidence to shoot the ball in games.

Ben Gliddon

Reply #290983 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:15 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754