Lebron James

Reply #290022 | Report this post

NBA agent  
Years ago

Melo wants out on Denver

Reply #290026 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are the Sixers chasing Mitch Creek? That would be a great get and put to bed some of the Newley, Ingles, Madgen ghosts.

Would be awesome to see them give him an opportunity. He might only be ready for limited minutes now but in a year or two he could be a very good young player.

Reply #290039 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

What to people think of Boodnikof, He retired last season might be out of shape though and only 5 points which means we call also sign Harris and have a 11 man roster

Reply #290054 | Report this post

Ballinger Fan  
Years ago

Mitch may want to keep his US College options open.

My understanding is once Mitch plays in a "professional" league, he is inelligible to enter the US college system.

Reply #290058 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

we need a big soooo badly boodinkof and harris is that possible??? i wouldnt mind that

Reply #290079 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

From what I understand is with have 8 points and Boody is a 5 and Harris a 3 so it works.

Reply #290081 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

True about the college options for Creek but definitely worth Sixers chasing him hard. Nothing to say that going to college improves your NBA chances as an Aussie. At Sixers the chance for him to develop under a great junior coach and make some reasonable coin over the next 3-4 years, hopefully longer from Sixers point of view.

Could give the Sixers a Sam Mackinnon like presence to market as the game grows too.

Reply #290098 | Report this post

up mitch creek  
Years ago

Mitch and his dad spotted at dome today at sponsors lunch.

funny how the mitch rumours start the day he is actually in town.

must have left his good shirt at home or spiiled sauce on it because he borrowed a sixers shirt for the lunch.

Reply #290107 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

That's presaging it , then.

Reply #290109 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What about AJ Majstrovich, he was ok for us a few years back, hes had a couple more years of seasoning and has torn up the WA state league the last two years. All Star 5 the last two years and led the league in scoring this year at over 31 a game?? Not an ALL Star but at a similar level to Herbert.

Reply #290207 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I don't think Majstrovich will play NBL again.

As for Creek, I think he can suit as a development player without harming his college eligibility. Though I guess if he played a game, he'd have to get paid a match payment (if those rules still apply)? Good to get him onboard for the future, but probably not a replacement for Herbert unless he wanted to forgo college.

Reply #290211 | Report this post

up mitch creek  
Years ago

I think we should all wake up and realise that we will not get q replacement for herbert that's why the Sixers are looking to a future player and not an old recycled hopeful.

If there was a herbie replacement it would be done by now.

Reply #290228 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

mitch hasnt signed as yet... but is very interested!

Reply #290333 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yea I reckon it'd be tempting for a youngster. He's one of the best in Ausrtalia and to go straight into a pro league against me, getting paid and staying in australia with your family and friends might tempt some...

Some people just dont like the american culture.

I heard a stat the other day. American kids rank very low in international categories such as IQ, fitness, basic skills and knowledge but 1 category they lead a mile in. That category self confidence. I'm not joking it was on the radio. Some Aussies are not suited to the american culture more about hype and egos than reality and actual performance.

Reply #290336 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Most recent quotes from Marty Clarke suggest they're still looking to replace Herbert. Bruce (not overly interested in an NBL gig) and Markovic (more interested in Europe) don't seem to be in the mix.

Reply #290337 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Daniel Kickert? Martin Iti? Mottram? Liam Rush? Vanderjagt?

Kyrie Irving could play for Australia if he wanted to he has dual citizenship.

Reply #290340 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why couldn't KEVIN RATZSCH get a gig in the NBL he's a great player, very athletic, gets to the foul line and is very high percentage shooter, can dish out assists and is an incredible rebounder aswell and solid outside shot at 44%.

Reply #290341 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

Kevin Ratzsch is american and we already have 2 imports

Reply #290342 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I know but he should be in there instead of DeVries.

Reply #290353 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

DeVries will be the JR Smith of the NBL. Jacking up threes.

Reply #290354 | Report this post

MP  
Years ago

How about Mick Hill - played for Knox SEABL last season.

Would definately bring a hardness to the defence.

Last season
Current Season PTS 16.3
REB 6.1
AST 3.9

Reply #290355 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Ratzsch instead of DeVries. No thanks.

Reply #290357 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

I saw a mention of Kendall training with the tigers, if he's fit and ready to go would he be a good replacement for Herbert?

given the 36ers said to be interested in Bruce and Markovich they would be open to another guard and Kendall is probably a little bigger than those guys i think he is 6'4 a similar size to Herbert and a pretty good defender, averaged 12pts 4 rebound 2 assists, so potentially our best aussie guard, and can play the Pg,SG and could be used as a undersized SF ala Herbert, so may be a decent option.

Reply #290407 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mick hill will be playing for the bullets when they come back in.

Reply #290410 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

Jonno, I like Luke Kendall and even mentioned him in a post in another thread, he did the same injury as Herbert (I think) back in late November so still might be a month or 2 off but I think he might be the best available player out there and worth the wait.
Anon, Why would the stop the sixers from signing Hill for a season?

Reply #290432 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:36 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754