Capt. Dan
Years ago

Nuggets & Carmelo Anthony!

So guys what do we think is the best trade combination for the nuggets to get in return for Melo?
You gotta remember the nuggets don't have to trade him but are lookin at doing so, so they can get someone or something in return if he doesn't sign his extension...

Topic #23878 | Report this topic

The_Champ33  
Years ago

As a Knicks fan, I'm hoping he'll join Amare in New York. If we can then get CP3 at Point Guard, I'll be more than stoked.

I'd be willing to part with the talented Gallanari to get Melo in a Knick uniform.

Any established player who can join the Bulls is also a good move. Good talent. They'll help Rose and Noah become better players even though they are already good.

Reply #290132 | Report this post

Knickerbocker  
Years ago

"As a Knicks fan, I'm hoping he'll join Amare in New York. If we can then get CP3 at Point Guard, I'll be more than stoked."

I couldnt agree more! :D

Reply #290135 | Report this post

Juror 12  
Years ago

Even if the Knicks do get Carmelo I doubt they will ever make the NBA Finals because of their lack of defense. When it comes time to get stops against the Heat in a seven game series who do you think is going to play the defense? Or against Orlando and Chicago for that matter.

Reply #290140 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

or Boston

Reply #290143 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

or milwaukee

Reply #290146 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Or Indiana
Lol!

Reply #290147 | Report this post

No Deal!!  
Years ago

The only way that the Knicks will get Carmelo is if they sign him has a free agent, otherwise they can eaily be outbid by a multitude of teams. The Tracey McGrady trade really gutted the assets that they would have to offer and its gonna take more than Galinari to get the deal done.

Denver will want several picks, exprings and at least 1 marketable player. New york have no first rounders to trade because Houstons has the rights to them.

Denver holds all the aces at this stage due to the fact that Carmelo doesn't have a no trade clause so Denver will send him to the highest bidder before the Trade deadline.

IMO the nets are in the box seat, they have plenty of young talent/expirings/picks to offer.

Reply #290148 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

Rumour: Melo to New Jersey for Jay-Z

Reply #290154 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anthony Randolph and Turiaf are pretty good defenders. But yer will lack good defensive guards.

Dont like melo going to bulls if they trade noah for him. Without noah bulls will struggle i think boozer is to small and there are no good centre free agents left for starting except dampier. If bulls get Dampier then trade Noah and deng and first rounder for melo. And that will be pretty decent.

Also like GSW i think that is a real chance. First rounder, Monta ellis, Brandon wright and Dorell Wright for melo.

But i think the best for melo in the Nets. NJ could trade Troy Murphy, Damion James, Josh Boone(sign Trade) and first rounder for melo.

Lopez/Zoubek/Petro
Favors/Humphries/Smith
Melo/Outlaw/Graham
T-Williams/Morrow/Ross
Harris/Farmar/Uzoh

Reply #290161 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nets would have to send Favors otherwise Denver would just keep Melo for another year.
Teams with enough spare talent to trade for Melo would be NJ, GSW (not sure he would resign), Lakers :0, Bulls, Dallas, Clippers.
Frontrunners would be NJ, GSW and Bulls I think.

Miami could trade Bosh for Melo in a couple of months!!!!! :)

Reply #290164 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Still like Deng and Gibson for Melo to go to Chicago.

1,3,5 combination looks very good.

Reply #290171 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Denver laughs at that Chicago offer and drops the phone....

Trading Melo means rebuilding which means not taking salary... They will want to clear the books and not take on crap contracts like Deng.

I would expect a similar deal for Melo that the Nets gave to Toronto for Carter. A few picks and some expiring contracts and a average-to-godd player or two on rookie deals.

Teams won't be willing to sell the house unless he agrees to sign that extension.

GSW has open the books for Melo with the only 'no go' being Steph Curry. Same with the Nets and Lopez.

Personally, I think Denver sits on this to the trade deadline, and which ever 'mid pack' team that needs a play off push comes up with the best deal will win the Melo sweepstakes.

Reply #290176 | Report this post

Juror 12  
Years ago

I still think that the Clips would be intruiging if they could get something done. A core of Gordon, Melo and Griffin would be nice although they don't have much to give to Denver (Aminu plus future first rounders).

Reply #290182 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What about
Melo + Billups + Anderson
for
Harden + Green + Peterson (expiring) + Collison (exp) + Krstic

Denver get a bunch of expirings plus Green and Harden to build around with Lawson

Thunder get another Superstar to pari with Durant

Reply #290183 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Firstly, that OKC trade doesn't finanicallyy work and secondly OKC pass...

Why would they need Billups with Westbrook on the squad? Billups would just chew up cap space. Both players are legit starters. The 5 guys that OKC are trading are all rotational players, and I'm not too sure that Melo and Durant are a good pairing.

I think the Thunder are very content with their position right now, and Melo would rock the chemisty boat too much.

Reply #290188 | Report this post

Juror 12  
Years ago

Yep agreed TR. OKC have their main man (Durant) and the sidekick (Westbrook). What they need is a quality big man to go with the rest of their role players (a Gasol, Bosh type wouldd be ideal but even a poor man's version). The jury is out on Green but I don't think he will ever be more than a role player (same for Aldrich and Serge). Presti might need to start thinking about trades because rebuilding via the draft will not happen anymore because I don't see OKC being a lottery team for a while.

Who could they get though? (Note they could probably have got Marcus Camby last year. Imagine that Lakers series with Camby in the middle - could have been very interesting.)

In any case they probably have a couple of years to try out the three guys mentioned above before Durant, Westbrook start getting frustrated.

Reply #290193 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Not that Boston would do this - but what if they sent Pierce, Rondo and Sheed's expiring for Anthony and Billups? The numbers would work and Denver gets a young star PG, a declining but still damn good Pierce and $6.5 mill in expiring salary.

Boston would really load up for two more runs and then rebuild around Anthony. Would be fun seeing a Billups, Allen, Anthony, KG and Perk/Shaq/ O'Neal combo!

Boston would never do this though (and Denver might not either due to Pierce's deal). Most fans (including me) would hate losing Rondo and Pierce and some of the more extreme ones would probably burn down Ainge's house!

Reply #290219 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Melo to the Nets is gathering momemtum...

ESPN: http://linky.com.au/8ttyl

Reply #290227 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Come on.... get this done... Cats will get Devin Harris, Mangina Diaw goes to Utah, Favors and AK head to Denver and Melo to the Nets...

Reply #290231 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yep looking like this Pretty hard for Nuggets to refuse.

Nuggets-Andrie Kirilenko, Derrick Favors and 2012dp
Nets- Carmelo and DJ Augustin
Bobcats- Devin Harris
Jazz- Boris Diaw

Every team comes out good, well denver kinda but still if they will lose melo next year there is no point in having hime this year. Bobcats getting that starting point they wanted, Terrence Williams might get the start at point i am hearing at NJ, Nuggets getting a great defensive starting SF and a future potential Star in Favors and Jazz getting a decent SF who is versatile can handle the ball for them at times and can score when needed.

Reply #290239 | Report this post

Oden08  
Years ago

I can't see Melo being happy in NJ though. They would be aborderline playoff team at best.

Reply #290250 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Looks like a deal that could work. All teams would benefit from this trade. That ESPN link said Melo is keen on NJ, which does surprise me a bit. He would have to be patient for that team to help him challenge for a title, but there is some talent there to build a contender in a couple of years.

Reply #290257 | Report this post

Oden08  
Years ago

He is probably happy with NJ if Lopex AND Harris are both there. Harris has been to the finals and played on a winning team. Augustin and Wiliams have done nothing.

Reply #290259 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So the nuggets don't want to take on Luol Dengs big contract but they want to take on an even bigger contract in kirilenko. Nuggets??

Reply #290305 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Deng is owed $50 mill over 4 years, AK47's $17 mill comes off the books after this season. I think Denver would much rather have the cap space plus a guy with top 5 power forward potential down the line, than Deng, who is no more than a nice complementary starter and Gibson, who is just a good role player. Neither of those guys have franchise player potential.

Reply #290309 | Report this post

Oden08  
Years ago

Yep, use that cash for the Melo sweepstakes.. oh wait..

Reply #290317 | Report this post

Capt. Dan  
Years ago

It looks as if the four team trade is the only trade that looks substancial, but i am hearing word from philly tht they would be willing to part ways with Iguodala for melo...
What other pieces would fit within the puzzle for this deal to happen?

Reply #290508 | Report this post

Juror 12  
Years ago

How about this trade: Nuggets get Iguodala (who they have said they want) and Thaddeus Young. Knicks get Melo and Philly rebuilds with an awesome line up in five years.

Teams would look like this:

Nuggets:
Chauncey
Afflalo/JR Smith
Iggy
Harrington/Young
Nene/Birdman

Knicks:
Felton
Chandler/Azu
Melo
Amare
Mozgov/Turiaf

Philly:
Holiday/Williams
Turner
Gallo
Rondolph/Brand
Hawes/Speights

Who doesn't bite? If so what would it take in terms of draft picks to get them over the line?

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2bj8jb3

Reply #291972 | Report this post

Oden08  
Years ago

I think only New York is happy with that trade Juror.

Philly would maybe want an extra piece (although I do like the look of that line up) and Denver need a first rounder.

Reply #292002 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:22 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754