hydra93
Years ago

Youth League

Is it just me or does the Sturt club secretary do the draw for every summer league team. Once again in the first five rounds Sturt plays no game after 7:20 where everyone else is playing at 9:30 or 10:00 o'clock - unless they play Sturt of course. I know it is only the first 5 rounds but it happens every year and doesn't change. Is the assumption that no-one else has the brains to have a job/university/school commitment? it would be nice to see some equity for a change.

Topic #23888 | Report this topic

Paranoid Much!  
Years ago

I think it's just you. You have some sort of Sturt paranoia me thinks.

Reply #290302 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

I am from sturt at those times dont suit me and they left me out of the meeting about the times we wanted - I think a quick call to the Club Secretary to get them changed to a later time slot is in order!!

Reply #290303 | Report this post

hydra93  
Years ago

It's hardly paranoia if the facts support the argument!! Equity would be surprising but appreciated. I guess Collingwood didn't have a dream draw in the football either.

Reply #290306 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you want fairness try another sport cause basketball isnt

Reply #290307 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

As I said those times dont suit me i would prefer a later time slot. I also dont like the venue at morphettvale for most of the games. Do you think if I ring our secretary she will get the games moved for me. As I am from Sturt do you think BSA would accommodate me.

there are a lot of things that arent fair in the latest fixtures including the juniors to lots of teams including sturt - suck it up princess and build a bridge!!

Reply #290308 | Report this post

we are at sturt and I can assure you - we have been given the pinapple for our summer draw.

Reply #290315 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

and pigs will fly Karma

Reply #290316 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Goup A and B in div 2 should be merged

Reply #290320 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What a joke this is with pools in Div 2. The initial announcement said all Div 1 and 2 games would be fully timed and div 3 and below would not. Now we don't even have a Div 3 or lower, we don't get to play teams the other side of Adelaide. What about team fees etc which were based on Div.

Does the Competition Committee ever think things through. It makes me think that the initial announcement and any planning at that stage were superficial. Let me play a proper U20 Div 1 comp please.

Reply #290321 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Do you actually need a response to that? I think you know the answer!

Reply #290328 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'd like to know if this means all games are fully timed??

Reply #290330 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So can anyone shed any light on where the Div 3 and lower competition is which was alluded to by the announcement. I guess all games are fully timed!!

Reply #290547 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Division 2 Youth League games are not fully timed.

Reply #290549 | Report this post

MP  
Years ago

the first 5 rounds refer to Youth League -Div 2 (phase 1)

It may be they are using this as some sort of qualifying for sorting teams into correct divisions

Reply #290572 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

anon so they have changed their minds when you look at their announcement

Reply #290620 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They changed their minds when they realised we don't have any basketball courts in Adelaide.

Reply #290632 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There isn't much development when playing against teams that are much better or much worse.

So, for this to be a real development league, promotion relegation should include div1, not only div2 and lower.

Reply #294831 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:13 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754