Years ago

South Resurgence

South have huge number teams in Youth League - well done on being so active - could this be the start of a a change in the power base - from numbers come strength.Somebody getting hands dirty at pantherland well done. Although not sure about having 4 teams in one of the groups will bring much joy but thats not their problem.

Topic #23903 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Talk it up tigers will have about 7 teams

Reply #290499 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Sorry to be the one to tell you anonymous but the fixtures are up - they either have 7 teams or they dont

Reply #290503 | Report this post

rocket  
Years ago

Well done South!

I hope the other clubs take note and act.

and yes, I am a Sturt supporter

Reply #290513 | Report this post

just home  
Years ago

i think several of the clubs have at least 5 teams

Reply #290520 | Report this post

Han_Oberon  
Years ago

How are your numbers going at U10 and U12 levels?

South have always had lots of senior social teams, so no change really.

Reply #290546 | Report this post

Years ago

Id take quality over quantity any day

Reply #290579 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

it all depends on how many older players return that havent played for a while and how many under 18's have come up. i think all clubs will have good and bad years. but well done anyway.

Reply #290615 | Report this post

Rhea67  
Years ago

I would love to think a resurgance was true but why have some of your best juniors crossed to Eagles? When things start moving in the other direction thats when you can claim a resurgence.

Reply #290998 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Well South you have 11 teams in YL all come from your Tuesday night social comp - my guess is many have not played district before and will make a complete mockery of the game and its rules. Note to BSA - you had better be using district referees to control these teams and teach them the rules. Considering that they could be playing kids out of district who are still only 17-18 and these will be Men they will be playing.

Reply #291143 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Would be interested to know if BSA made sure they had all the "names" and ensured they have 8 names per team to avoid forfeits and withdrawal of teams. A better solution would be to have F/Ville, Sturt and Southern in one pool with one South team and let the rest (all South)play in the bottom phase - All south because it is in all likelihood going to implode and why penalise the F/Ville, Sturt and Southernn kids.

Reply #291146 | Report this post

tv guide  
Years ago

well well well, email from paul arnott just sent south pull teams out of development league. Looks like the bubble has burst a little at panther land, bit off more than the big cat can chew. Think they reduced by 3 to 4 teams creating uneven numbers in a few areas.

Reply #291268 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Any chance BSA can have the by-laws updated before the season starts to reflect the youth league and correct the anomolies that were contained therein last season which saw some teams penalised in the finals for following the by-laws rather than the intent of the by-laws.

Reply #291271 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

BTW I looked at the programs for the changes and I thought I was in for a boring time until I saw Div 2 South Phase C - 5 teams - 3 from South and 2 from Eagles. Will be a bit like Groundhog Day!!

Reply #291277 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:30 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754