ringlord
Years ago

Western Magic growth.

Western Magic have fed West Adelaide around 50 players for the upcoming summer season to represent their div 1/2 teams.Last season Magic had 25 teams altogether and now with the above representing the association(or for now partnership),they have 28 teams.So they gained around 8 teams over the break,in that time Warriors are smaller by 2 teams and have the same number as Magic representing them.GO MAGIC; this is truly legendary for a club only 5 years old!

Topic #23935 | Report this topic

Anon  
Years ago

na na na na na!

Reply #290931 | Report this post

It could be a tumour...

Reply #290932 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Got to love a 'club' that has to merge to survive....

Does that mean that Magic have an CABL side now?
Oh hang on, they dont. They are now just a social club that feeds to a district club...

Reply #290934 | Report this post

NBA agent  
Years ago

last time i checked woodville were in div 1 and magic arent.

Reply #290935 | Report this post

yo  
Years ago

Western Magic are a social club cause they have no CABL team.... correct/??

Reply #290941 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No they are a social club feeding a district club.
They are obviously not as great as they think, otherwise they wouldn't have merged.
Not bad considering their vice president was adiment that they would become an association on their own

Reply #290942 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The title is correct! western magic are a malignant growth.

Reply #290948 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Saucers of milk all round!

Reply #290954 | Report this post

just home  
Years ago

west must be over the moon - to pick up 50 div 1 / 2 players will really bolster their stocks.

west were lulling ab it in a few groups - but with this input we could see the west teams from 6-10 years ago

Reply #290955 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

The west teams from 6 to 10 years ago are all seniors

Reply #290959 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

West have sold out and are an embarrassment. Merging with a 'club' if it can be called that, which never should have existed and have done nothing but damaged the sport in the western suburbs.

For a once proud and strong club like West to merge with that is embarrassing.

I hope it backfires as I'm sure it will.

Reply #290960 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Further to take if I'm not mistaken the clubs haven't technically 'merged' so I certainly hope BSA are making all these magic players get cleared before they switch to the bearcats. Although knowing BSA I'm sure they're just looking the other way and hoping no one notices. Funny how the rules don't apply when it comes to BSA's agenda.

Reply #290962 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wests may be the only winner long term with cat feuds defeating the Woodville - Magic proposed merger and a retro Woodville committee comfortable with what was and not interested in the what is and what will be.
The Western suburbs can only accommodate one large club and it would appear Wests has arisen as that club and will swallow up the magicians and inevitably Woodville.
Self serving is a trait that will become folklore when the epitaph is finally written on this sorry tale of missed opportunities and ego driven whimsy.
I congratulate West for not being shortsighted and wish the new super club of the Western suburbs all the best in its new directions.

Reply #290968 | Report this post

westies  
Years ago

50 kids getting the opportunity to play div 1 and 2 basketball... gee waht a shit thing west and western magic have done. actually getting past all the bs and trying to work together for the benefit of guess what... the kids!

Reply #290969 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

it sounds very much like people in the know from these 2 clubs on here - so answer the question asked earlier - Did they get clearances? or is this secret BSA stuff?

Reply #290971 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

westies
50 kids getting the opportunity to play div 1 and 2 basketball...

Um they could have got that by joining Woodville or West without this merger.

All this merger has done is made West bigger, and pretty much eliminated Magic out of the competition.

It must be a real good deal, especially with the president of Magic sending her kids to another club other then the one that her club merged with...

Sounds like this is a real good decision for Magic children

Reply #290972 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

magic are puffed all the way out of the comp

Reply #290973 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

West only have 3 girl and 6 under 10 boys? mmmm seems that even with both clubs "merged" still not working for them. Seems Woodville younger age groups are quite strong.. Best thing Woodville did not join the tragics.. sorry magic

Reply #290978 | Report this post

ha ha  
Years ago

A merger between woodville & magic would have been great since they now share the same stadium,maybe the players who haven't gone west might make woodville reconsider their positions again-they have 28 teams to choose from.Also West & Magic have 68teams between them to feed the top divs with,is this a new super club in the west of Adelaide?

Reply #290980 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Magic would have had 33 teams had they not got in bed with Westies,and that is with warriors moving into stclair. If Magic were allowed to play higher divs that would have been the end for woodville.How they must have being craping themselves!

Reply #290981 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Magic players wake up and open your eyes,the Bearcats have taken your best players and haven't formed an association with your club.I read the entire cats site and nowhere did i see that they even acknowledge nor welcome your players to the club,or dare to say anything about a agreement between the two clubs.You should have just put on the green of woodville and stayed in your stadium instead of driving all around the port area,did they give you maps of where its safe to drive at night?

Reply #290982 | Report this post

hmmmm  
Years ago

interesting, the information being posted here - or is it just guesswork?. The negative nancies are out to cause trouble, which seems to be all this thread is about. So, who are you? A Magic or West Mum/Dad who thought their precious should be Div 1/2 and didn't make it?

Reply #290996 | Report this post

just home  
Years ago

68 teams between west and magic - that is huge. Would be the biggest in SA. I think we will see a resurgance at the port with these numbers.

state champs will be very interesting in 2011

Reply #291006 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Where do you get 50 kids from??? looking at the west kids it seems their numbers are way down. I think someone is smoking a bit of puff the magic dragon.

Reply #291018 | Report this post

Rhea_Right  
Years ago

Haha, State Champs.

West were terrible in div 1 and Magic weren't even very good in div 2.

How exactly will that translate to winning at div 1 level.

West will have more div 1 teams, but they will still be only div 2 level teams.

Reply #291019 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Using the above logic Sturt are in trouble in the boys because South have more boys them then they do.

It's not all about numbers, its about quality.

Woodville still have a role to play in basketball in SA. I believe basketball as a sport would be worse without the Warriors. Their girls program has had some real success, they have SASI coaches, they have Classics teams. Oh and they fund ABA programs giving their juniors an opportunity to play at the highest level possible in this State.

Western Magic have none of the above and losing Western would only improve the competition and sport as a whole.

Reply #291063 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Why is there so much hate?

As President Jack Nicholson says in Mars Attacks "Why can't we all just get along?"

Reply #291066 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

looking at Wests teams this year most of them omly needed a few players to match any team out there ,and now we have it-beware everybody! OK we are expecting at least a lot of teams to make the play offs.

Reply #291077 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think other clubs should look at what Magic is doing right to get that many extra members,good on them .Just look at the number of teams the Maverics and Lions have and we must scratch our heads and ask why is this club not allowed to have a CABL team+div 1/2 teams? At least give them div 2 acess for a lengthy period,and if they fold in the meantime bad luck BSA was right then-but if not then let them join the party.

Reply #291085 | Report this post

no idea  
Years ago

Rhea_Right I think you better check the records of this years State Champs for division 2 Magic actually took out the U/12 Reserve State Champs titles in the Boys & the Girls and I think the boys were actually a div 3 team playing up a division. So probably get your facts right before you bag any club.

Reply #291129 | Report this post

mm  
Years ago

No Idea, So you won a whole 2 titles? WOW. Did you win the overall boys or girl club reserve champion? No? That is why no one takes your club seriously. The funny thing is that you say you have grown with a club that you have not even merged with!!

Reply #291139 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm just curious about a few things.

1. What is annual fees for Magic and other Div 1 related clubs.

2. Does BSA charge different fees for registration for different clubs or different divisions.

Reply #291142 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

In terms of 50 Magic players joining west adelaide I think someone is smoking puff the magic dragon. Its about 12 kids.

Reply #291144 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Have these 12 players been cleared from Magic to West or are they just allowed to play with BSA looking the other way?

If as I expect BSA are not making Magic players get clearences to change clubs maybe this could start a chain reaction?

South could offer Southern some players to fill gaps in their Division 1 teams or vice versa.

Or Torrens Valley offer Norwood some players.

Or South, Southern and Woodville could bolster Forestville's teams so they can finally knock off Sturt?

Reply #291149 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Sounds like it is another decision that should be made public to the stakeholders and the members as to why this was allowed to happen? Or in fact What has happened? I thought it was a merger of two clubs to form an association!! if they have "given" west only 12 kids it certainly is not a "merger" what is going on BSA??

Reply #291161 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

For those unbelievers out there go to Bearcats playing list and count the players without numbers,you will soon get that whoever posted this is an honest individual.So now what would you want to happen from here on,Woodville was given the chance to form an association with magic and they refused.Leave West and Magic to do there thing now.

Reply #291163 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yea nah the person is a real honest person - maybe....

http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?c=1-4567-0-0-0&sID=81082

Just because they dont have a number on the west site doesnt mean they are magic players!

Reply #291171 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

What is interesting about the list of players on this link is the U10 girls and the U18 girls only have 5 players in each team - not enough to enter a team - you need to have at least 8 named players - so what will happen to those kids? will they go to play in the west team?

Reply #291178 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And Magic themselves have confirmed that they have Magic players playing for West Adelaide.

How is it possible to be registered with one club yet play for another?

The other clubs need to be asking BSA for an explanation or if its good enough for Magic/West to do it they should prop each other up as well.

Reply #291189 | Report this post

WestBearcub  
Years ago

Unless you are on top of the ladder at either club how do you know whether or not these kids have been cleared or bsa has made rules for the clubs involved to follow that havent yet been released to everyone else. This is a new formation with details still to be ironed out which is why the clubs are proceeding sloooooooowly.
Seriously i dont see what is a big deal about this forming of an "ASSOCIATION" (did you see how i didnt say merger) three clubs for years have been fighting for kids from the same area plus other sports.
Get over it people and give it a chance to work before you start whinging and complaining

Reply #291222 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Hey you might be proceeding slooooooowly but how about the fact that the rest or us have to abide by rules and regulations and if the details are not ironed out WHY have you been allowed to do it for this summer season - if it is going to take time - should have been IRONED out during the summer - ready to go for winter 2011 and the rest of the basketball clubs members informed as to what the details will be. And why hasnt it been released to everyone else? We as the basketball paying public have as much right to know what is going on as anyone else.

Reply #291227 | Report this post

Westy  
Years ago

when the clubs know for sure what is going on, because we know how bsa are, we will let everyone else know what is going on what we are doing isnt wrong we are playing it by the book by what bsa is telling us

Reply #291239 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The main reason Magic has grown has been their location and low fees. Most teams rip off their juniors because with the stash they fund ABL teams,time for them to get some sponsors and just watch the juniors join in waves.Of course if Magic were allowed to have higher divs+ABL they would be in the same boat as the rest of us. I personally know a lot of good players who play in lower divs because they don"t have the money to go to interstate tournaments which are compulsory for all clubs.

Reply #291388 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This is a good statement,just look at fees for footy/netball/cricket-fkn cheap as and how do you compete with that?At least magic have found some kind of a solution to parents hip pocket pain.

Reply #291395 | Report this post

Gentlemen cant we all just be happy for each other and merge into one for the greater good.

Reply #291414 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Honestly wouldn't have any issue with West and Woodville merging to form one Western suburbs club.

But Magic should not be part of it and they should just become the social club or one domestic club of the West/Woodville local competition.

Reply #291439 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My dear little woodvillian how jealous art thou,because of your leaderships attitude you have missed out in being a part of the wests only megaclub.If you are nice we might accept your best players to and let you guys and the rest of magic become social teams playing little crappy tournaments based at stclair.

Reply #291478 | Report this post

ringlord  
Years ago

No reason for anybody to get rude"n"nasty i just wanted to get the scope of peoples feelings out into the open,not start fights. In the years to come maybe all 3 western teams might be in an association!

Reply #291479 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah dream on a club made up of 97 teams,that would make sturt-forestville merge or maybe norwood-north.

Reply #291490 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Magic and West Superclub ... Hiliarious....

Reply #291501 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Woodville Warriors surviving the next few years....even more hilarious!

Reply #291562 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nice colors warriors is your main sponsor the cheescake shop.

Reply #291563 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

if it was spadge be number one ticket holder-

Reply #291629 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why if everybody hates magic so much were they allowed to compete in district bball in the first place?

Reply #291844 | Report this post

Westie  
Years ago

Can I just that whilst it is great to have some of the magic kids out at West, this will never, ever be a merger so pls stop talking that rubbish. West members told their President in no uncertain manner that it was not to happen, and it wont. Neither will they change club name colours etc.

What it can be is a path way for magic kids, thats about all...Move on and leave the Woodville people alone as well.

Re why did they come in?

Simple, BASA thru its finger lickin good CEO at the time decided they could make more money to save the Sixers etc by adding more junior teams meaning more money from junior clubs. Thats it in a nut shell...

Reply #291879 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

Well said Wstie and that ends the this thread.

Reply #291890 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

so magic players can't move between clubs during seasons then??

Reply #291906 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Woodville Warriors offer pathways to Magic players also-try out and come play for us.

Reply #292109 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ithink Magic members have a sweet deal,they get to play district bball at a good price.If they win their respective summer seasons they can pop into a div higher.I would like to see a lot more clubs like this to boost up div3 ,maybe a club from golden grove/salisbury/seaford!

Reply #292231 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:31 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754