BALLER#3
Years ago

NBA Elite 11 or NBA 2k 11?

What do you think looks better? What one will you be buying?

I personally like the look of Elite but i saw it recently got its October 5th release date delayed! But i have always been a Live guy up till 2k 10 so i dont know if i will go back or stay with 2k!

Topic #23938 | Report this topic

Mr bEn  
Years ago

Search Youtube for gameplay clips.

IMHO Elite/Live looks like utter trash. 2K gets my $$$ easily - can't wait to play the retro teams.

Reply #291000 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

2k11 got rated 9.5/10 on ign, they called it the best sports game of this generation

Reply #291001 | Report this post

Joshuapending  
Years ago

I'm a 2k guy and personally I don't even think it's close this year. 2k looks fantastic and the ability to play with the old guys is great. Seems the reaction from the respective demos has been polar opposite of each other, even live fans are bagging the game.

Reply #291002 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Elite looks average and have played both demos and would never ever consider buying anything other then 2k

Reply #291004 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I've always been a live guy. Won't even touch it this year. Was going to buy it just to get NBA jam but after the demo no way. Was like playing a NBA game on ps2 horrible. Definatly 2k11

Reply #291007 | Report this post

Illicit  
Years ago

I magically acquired NBA 2k11 a couple of days ago an trust me it is insanely good. It's a massive improvement over 2k10 an playing the Jordan challenges is sweet, 2k11 is probably one of the best NBA games I've played (nothing will ever beat NBA live 95 though lol)

Reply #291008 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Elite/Live = worst case of diarrhea ever produced.... Terrible game.... 2k wins again and will continue to do so whilst EA is involved.

Reply #291024 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

You're better off buying 2K11 anyway as Elite 11 has been delayed until 2011 sometime.

The screenshots looked good for Elite, but once the demo fired up, it's pretty crap.

The old players especially MJ is what makes 2K11 awesome.

Reply #291030 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Get 2 play with boomers and tallblacks in elite though but 2k11 is way better gameplay and easier control which results in an enjoyable game.

Reply #291031 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

A case of a question that shouldn't be asked.

2K11 looks awesome; most online reviews call it the "best basketball game ever made".

They upped the AI again and improved on the ISO motion. Should give me an equal balance of enjoyment and frustration as with all previous versions of NBA2K

Reply #291032 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Is it still Oct 5 release for 2k11?

Reply #291042 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

2K11 for sure, I was actually considering buying both just to get NBA Jam, but it has been announced that Jam will be available on PS3 and Xbox360 as a individual download so no need to waste cash on Elite.

Live man till 2008, 2K since - try them both each year but 2k has got my nod each and every year and this year looks like one of the bigger gaps that 2k has pulled over Live/Elite.

Reply #291053 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

8th october for Australia

Reply #291060 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

I've pre-ordered my copy of 2K11.
Hopefully i can get it before the weekend, otherwise Monday.

Can't wait to bring back some of the old blokes.

Reply #291136 | Report this post

KEVY47  
Years ago

Best game of its generation! WOW - I'm not really a NFL / NHL fan but love Madden11 and NHL10, so really looking forward to getting this.

Traded in NRL (worst game ever placed in my PS3 - played two 10 minute games - worked out at $60 per game) and pre-ordered 2k11, hope its in this week.

Reply #291180 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Madden 11 is awesome.

NRL Live is crap, I agree.

Can't wait for 2K11

Reply #291210 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I just can't wait to play the Jordan challenges, the last time we got to play with Jordan on any console was NBA Live 2000, I think my copy was on PS2, alot of fun then but this is going to be outta this world... But ever since acquiring 2K products i've never looked back @ Live games...

They're right with what they say on their website:
"2K is the future"

Reply #291267 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Eb games (in the city at least) are the selling the game now for those interested in getting the game a couple of days early

Reply #291275 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Been a live man since forever... But 2K11 just looks too good at the moment in contrast to Elite at this point. However, if elite can get the graphics to the standard they have for Madden (and will probably be better by release especially for PS3) and work out the problems that have set it back, then it should be the better game.

At moment 2K has finally got my vote, but hopefully Elite comes through and makes the game we have been waiting for them to give us.

Reply #291300 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

2K11 is gayer than aids... Graphics are horrible, it's impossible to take a charge unless offense does a spin move on the run, can't pass further than 3 meters without it being stolen, shooting is inconsistent... And so many other problems... Easily the most irritating game in history, as soon as Elite is out I'm throwing this crap in the bin

Reply #291498 | Report this post

gavmiester  
Years ago

who cares.....I just want the updated NBA Jam....."He's heating up"

Reply #291530 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:56 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754