Moses Guthrie
Years ago

Boozer out two months with fractured hand

"The team says Boozer broke the fifth metacarpal bone in his hand Saturday and will need surgery."

No word on how Boozer did it but on the bright side, from my experience of having broken both the left and right hand fifth metacarpals, he'll be fine in the long run. Enter Taj Gibson back into the starting unit. Go Bulls.

Topic #23944 | Report this topic

TR  
Years ago

Welcome to the 'World of Carlos Boozer' Chicago fans. Just signed his fat contract and then goes down with a injury which will keep him out for decent length of time.

Just wait for the hamstring tweaks....

Reply #291023 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Harsh TR.

After all those Krause, Floyd and Larry Hughes years, we need a bit of luck.
God damn it!

Reply #291041 | Report this post

Hopeful  
Years ago

Oh please, the man went out of his way to break his own hand? History is one thing, with tweaks etc but a break is a break, unfortunate accident.

Reply #291043 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Don't talk to me about luck DB :) You guys blew your luck which fatass Eddy Curry and Tyson Chandler picks, and then you pulled Derrick Rose pick from Krause's butt.

I support the f*(ked up Boobcats. If we had luck, our dumb arse front office would not of selected McMay and Morrison, Granger and Roy should of been the picks. Wouldn't of traded Chandler for Dampier Najera, Carroll and then waste the DUST chip...

With Boozer it's one thing or another... A break is a break, granted, but get use to his injuries. He's due for a 50 game season.

He's soft, and Chicago fans will soon find that out. He has never played 82 games. He averages 63 games a year over his career.

Reply #291062 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Just had a break in my 1st metacarpal at the base of thumb and had surgery today. This guy will be fighting fit and ready to go come the post-season; actually a good way to give him a rest for the first 50 odd-games, which are pointless anyway IMO

Reply #291064 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Oh, no, not good news.

It was unclear how Boozer was injured. The Bulls did not practice Saturday, and a team spokeswoman called the injury "non-basketball related."

Paul Rogers, anybody?

Reply #291071 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

I read he tripped over some baggage that brought with him from Utah. Seriously he tripped over some luggage in his house.

Reply #291073 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

The rumor is he tripped over a bag during the night on his way to answer the front door.

I wonder what the 'bags' name was????

Reply #291079 | Report this post

gavmiester  
Years ago

It waa a bag of money. The only bright side for this bulls suporter was it was at least prior to a fantasy draft.

Reply #291096 | Report this post

Murray  
Years ago

Bucks will win the division now! FEAR THE DEER!! bring on the season

Reply #291109 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:18 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754