Ando
Years ago

36ers season tickets???

Am I the only one who doesn't have their 36ers season tickets yet? Are the 36ers office playing a joke on me or are they just being slack in delivery as with every other year?

Topic #23960 | Report this topic

SRT070  
Years ago

I emailed Adam May at the 36ers yesterday, we should be receiving them in the next few days he told me yesterday. so no need to worry we are all in the same boat.

Reply #291345 | Report this post

Ando  
Years ago

Thanks for that. Every year it is the same. Every year I get worried... ;-)

Reply #291346 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Lol.

If it ends up being a "pick yours up at the opening game" situation like last year; I'll be pissed.

Took the guys at the gates nearly 30 minutes to locate my tickets. Bought "Courtside", but they weren't in the Gold boxes, or courtside boxes.

After 25 minutes, they found a small box underbench at the ticket counter with "other courtside" tickets.

Reply #291349 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

Big Marty, that is very ironic as i had the same issue. Although last season i thought they had season ticket collection from the pre season game against wollongong so i had mine for a while before using it. it does feel like its cutting it short. so in saying that we should receive it early next week at the latest i would have thought.

Reply #291351 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Just guessing, but they might prefer to print all tickets/cards at once and so try to catch as many last minute sign-ups as possible? Not sure.

Reply #291360 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yep its way cheaper to print them all at once then to pay for multiple setup costs everytime you need a run. That said as mentioned, every year i am waiting for tickets with one eye on the tip off date.

Reply #291362 | Report this post

wasportsfan1  
Years ago

We got all our Wildcats season tickets etc two weeks ago at the open training session/family day!

Reply #291382 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Interesting that Boti mentioned in the paper today that under SOS the 36ers have finished bottom at last year's preseason comp, then finished bottom of the ladder last season and finished last again at this year's preseason comp.

Could be in defiance of supposedly being told he will be frozen out by SOS unless his reportage takes an even more positive spin than it has all offseason?

Boti earlier this offseason trying desperately to compare this current 36ers team to our late 90's championship teams wasn't enough for them?

Reply #291385 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

Anon i personally dont have any fact regarding that and dont even pretend to know that i actually knew any of what you said. but personally i dont think SOS have tried freezing him out, i just think Boti is being Boti, he is a sports journalist they tell it as they see fit, sometimes people agree other times people dont. We all have opinions, his just get published in a paper.

Reply #291387 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Anon, I think you're reading way too much into it. Looked like a normal jokey thing to me, and I don't think Boti's coverage could be any more positive this off-season.

Reply #291390 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It has been a printing issue with the tickets but I know they were received late yesterday and most should be posted today or tomorrow so will be received early next week

Reply #291396 | Report this post

E  
Years ago

Last season something happened with my season ticket and they ended up just printing out individual tickets for every game. lol

I got my season ticket in the mail mid season but they had already cancelled it so i couldnt use the card and had to use the individual ones they printed off.

Does anyone know when our "Part of the team" Players Jerseys will be ready? Im not feeling like "part of the team" rite now!

Reply #291446 | Report this post

ritz  
Years ago

you guys need to listen to Boti on Tabsports Radio on a Wednesday morning. He was very positive about how hard they are working under Mr Clarke. He said he has never seen an Sixer team train so hard. Having said all that he did mention we'd finish at the lower end...So not all negative but also maybe a realist???

Reply #291507 | Report this post

gavmiester  
Years ago

Season tickets.....hopefully mine doesnt go to the person down the street again this year :)

On Boti, not sure what some people expect. If he thinks we will finish in the bottom couple, then if he has any cred at all, thats what he writes. He would not be an island thinking we are in the cellar again this year.

Reply #291528 | Report this post

dave  
Years ago

Printing issues normally means something or someone hasnt entered the numbers into the computer to allow you in for all games. I dont buy this one anymore.
In a professional sport, a requirement is you have professional people, and thus you get professional third parties to sort out ticketing and membership issues.

I will recieve my membership less than 1 week before the game. The club may be professional in its endeavour to do whats great for basketball, but to get tickets so late, its not acceptable considering you pay early.

Reply #291550 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

Dave maybe you should change your Alias to Grumpy Dave. As long as I have my season ticket to attend the first game I will be happy.

Reply #291551 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

As far as I can see there is no benefit to having the season tickets any earlier than is absolutely necessary so that you can get in the front door at the first game. Why would anyone want or demand them earlier that that? Why is being 'on time' unprofessional?

If you don't have them by tip off next Sunday, start complaining then!

Reply #291554 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

dave,

Didn't SOS end the deal with Venuetix once they took over? Might have something to do with it.

Reply #291573 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

dave, I wouldn't associate paying early with a right to getting tickets early because until the fist game, they are useless anyway. I think the fear here is the unknown factor as to whether they will come on time or not. I fear getting to the first game without the ticket and then it takes them hours to process everyone manually to get them in, even to the extent of missing some of the game.

Reply #291584 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Last season SOS introduced a print your own pass, could that be an interim means in case there are further problems in getting the season tickets/newsletter/freebie stuff posted?

Reply #291601 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

I got my season ticket in the post today

Reply #291734 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

My tickets arrived in yesterday's mail.

Reply #291842 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:48 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754