clarky
Years ago

New NBL Commercial

The official NBL facebook page has just released a clip of the new NBL TV commercial which you can view here:

http://video.ak.fbcdn.net/cfs-ak-snc4/70073/286/1607645520582_60001.mp4

(Loads actual video file within web browser)

or HERE - Official NBL Facebook page (Linky didn't work properly, just click the Facebook logo to view the page)

What are peoples thoughts on this commercial?
Does it fit with the slogan of 'It Goes Off'?
What would people have done differently?
etc.

Topic #23976 | Report this topic

LC  
Years ago

Ho hum....better than nothing I guess.

Reply #291557 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

It's not terrible but I really think a few dunks would have made it whole lot better. The idea of a ticking time bomb is alright but finishing it with an explosive dunk would surely fit the theme better than a jump shot. Really liked seeing in game footage, I think this is better than the one set in the house.

Reply #291559 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the thing i like about this ad, as well as everything marketing related from the nbl this year is that everything looks professional. there no cheapo/lame/corny ads or marketing campaign (like the ads the sixers have churned out that past couple of season). Their marketing is well made, crisp and above all professional

Reply #291567 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Seems OK. I don't love the cheesy "it goes off" slogan (already being used by people when the live stats haven't worked!), but the execution is pretty decent again.

Reply #291588 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

I saw a half second of Peter Crawford repping the Crocs but not sure if i saw any Taipans player... i suppose it reflects how often we'll see them on TV too!

Reply #291595 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is this commercial being shown on tv or is it just a web/facebook add?

Reply #291596 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Channel Ten will air it

Reply #291597 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

That couldn't have been lamer I don't think... Not the slightest bit exciting!

Reply #291638 | Report this post

KEVY47  
Years ago

The person in the Hawks uniform (who is not a Hawk) is reversed "SKWAH"

Plenty of OLD Kings footage - Saville and Wortho in purple quite noticible notable.

Really disappointing how much love Sydney is already getting.

Sure we need them in the league and its helped get sponsors and FTA, but what happens IF they start 2 & 10 and are playing in front of 800 people again?

Placing so much expectation on the them and talking "contenders" could prove a bad decision.

Reply #291651 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

HMMM....not bad, but not great either. pretty mediocre really. but in saying that i do appreciate there being some sort of advertising and not based on people channel flicking and coming across the game that way.

Reply #291694 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:50 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754