RondoJR
Years ago

What outdoor basketball should I buy?

Soooo it's that time of the year where I need to buy a good new ball, sooo what does everyone use/suggest?

I'm needing a good out door ball

Topic #23983 | Report this topic

XztatiK  
Years ago

I get the Spalding Zi/0 Excel ball for outdoor use. It has an indoor feel but only costs about $30 and lasts a lot longer on concrete. It looks like a regular Spalding ball with NBA printed in black with a gold outline.

I used to get the Spalding 'Gold NBA Indoor/Outdoor' for the same reasons but couldn't find it last time.

Reply #291644 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

X, where did you buy this ball from?

Reply #291670 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Rebel Sports city.

Reply #291712 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Having an outdoor asphalt court at home, and having been through soooo many outdoor balls, the best I have ever used was the Buffalo ribbed outdoor ball. Ribbed to it felt more like a leather ball. Pimples took ages to wear down. It retained a soft leather like feel right to the end. And it lasted forever. Eventually it egged, but it got a lot of use before then. I bought the last one 3 years ago for only $20 at SportsPower and seemed to remember them being at Rebel too - it may have been a $30 ball in sale but it was a basic cheap outdoor ball. However in the last year I haven't been able to find one anywhere. If anyone knows where they are in Melbourne let me know.
Apart from that I have always bought the Nike ball for $20. It never eggs. But the problem with them is that the pimples wear down fairly fast and then they become quite slippery to hold, catch, dribble and shoot.
Any of the sub $20 balls I have tried have never been worth the trouble.

Reply #291980 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:49 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754