Statman
Years ago

Blaze Promotion

This was posted by Skip in another thread but I thought it deserved its own (yeah Im biased)

The Blaze front office have created a very slick Ad that is going to be shown in cinemas and on TV all this week up here. It has really has raised the bar and already is getting a very positive response. The ad is now up online as a webpage into - check it out and see what you think!

http://linky.com.au/xbu2o

Topic #23991 | Report this topic

XztatiK  
Years ago

I didn't see Wortho in that Statman! :/

Very nice ad.

Reply #291753 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Of course you didnt X, not like you could have a guy on one leg dunking!

Reply #291756 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

now that's a real ad, not those garbage NBL put together

Reply #291759 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NBL, offer this guy a gig!

Reply #291767 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

holy...

Brilliant.

Reply #291769 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

That's a great advert.....

Reply #291774 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Brilliant advert.
A lot better than the NBL one which is lame compared to the Blaze one now that I've seen it.

The NBL one lacked dunks and appeal. Quite a pathetic effort, but still great to see it back on FTA.

Reply #291798 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

When did he escape the chains?

Reply #291806 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow, very impressive. I think we're seeing GCB reap the benefits of its location. What's the advertising line - Hollywood on the Gold Coast.

As precocious as Goulding is, he's entertainment personified, so its understandable to see him in the highlights and the locker-room close-ups.

If they can keep the same theme, I'd like to see an in-season highlights reel with a bit more of Petrie, Wortho and Maye dunking and blocking, with Harvey's dagger-like 3 pointers.

Reply #291820 | Report this post

Tru Blue Emcee  
Years ago

Well done by the Blaze (my second favorite team)im hoping its gonna be a good year for them.

Reply #291833 | Report this post

Flinders80  
Years ago

Isaac

I was thinking the same thing. I was waiting to see him break the chains when he stood up but never saw them. The footage was probably left on the cutting room floor. This is an awesome ad. Why have no other teams thought of creating their own publicity.

Reply #291840 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

That is one of the best Aussie basketball TV ads I have ever watched - absolutely brilliant! Well done to all involved.

The NBL should definitely consider hiring the people responsible for putting it together.

Reply #291841 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

The guy responsible is the Blaze Marketting manager, Kyle. Young guy with heaps of enthusiasm and ideas. Seems to have grown into his position over the last 12 months and this year is really pressing ahead some great stuff.

Hoping they can keep the ideas flowing and the locals get behind the team and we get some big crowds.

Reply #291847 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Brilliant ad. Loved it, even some goosebumps!

One weakness is that it has little detail unlike other ads we are seeing from NBL clubs, but if the Blaze can afford teaser campaigns good luck to them!

Well done Kyle.

Reply #291860 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

i love how the Blaze marketing manager can come up with something a hell of a lot better than something a professional firm probably came up with for the NBL's Ads. That could easily be the leagues ad in the lead up to the season. generate some interest. better than a photoshopped basketball waiting to explode.

Reply #291867 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Did he actually create it himself? I wouldn't have thought so. More likely arranged for pros to do it, just had a better concept than the NBL selected.

Chains aside, it's really polished. Could've done without that much of the locker room reflection (started to look like a teen depression ad you see from church groups), but the court action was great to see.

Reply #291870 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

id assume he got his idea across really well to a pro firm. i wouldnt think a marketing manager would have enough time to pull that off unless he is so passionate that he would rather do that than sleep???

Reply #291892 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:49 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754