pwned
Years ago

Hawks close to signing Luke Kendall

Hawks are trying to work out a short term contract with Luke Kendall. At this stage he won't join the team by Friday's season opener, but Hawks are keen to have him and Kendall is keen to have a team albeit temporarily. It will just come down to the cash.

In other news, I heard recently that Gary Ervin was scouted by Homicide and Mili of the Hawks front office who used to work for Townsville got the hot tip. Good to see Homicide playing agent for his NY mates.

I don't know if either of these have been posted before, if they have: apologies.

Topic #23992 | Report this topic

DJ Rod  
Years ago

Milii is that you? ;)

Reply #291768 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Whats with kendall always signing short term contracts....would be nice for him to atleast make it appear just once that he cares about more than the pay check!

Reply #291770 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

uh, maybe because the players he is replacing are only injured for a short time

Reply #291771 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I am sure he knocks back all the secure long term offers just hoping for a short term one!

Reply #291799 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I'd say he's had longer term offers, but not at the price he wants. Probably also hopeful of an overseas gig. By the time other opportunities dry up, he's left with replacement spots in the NBL I guess.

Reply #291809 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Yes, no doubt his own price and what teams are prepared to pay for him are quite different.

Reply #291812 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

But in fairness to Luke, he was a long termer with the Kings until they folded, he then took short term contract with the Wildcats and signed a decent deal with the Tigers who then didnt want him (at his price?) this year.

It's not as if he has been jumping from ship to ship every year of his career.

Reply #291813 | Report this post

KEVY47  
Years ago

I think pwned is a bit off with the whole "scouting" thing.

Reply #291821 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

In his time with the Kings Kendall was a better point guard than Paul Henare, Brad Robbins, Rhys Carter, Luke Martin, Luke Cooper, Rhys Martin, Nathan Crosswell and Kerry Williams so he must be asking for a big contract to not be getting a deal

Remember all those bombs he nailed in the finals against the Tigers... He had ice in his veins

Reply #291825 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Yes, I think it's likely that he'd be asking more than those guys. All of those guys are usually coming off the bench or still developing.

Reply #291827 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:21 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754