Isaac
Years ago

NBL Coaches tip Wildcats to repeat, Kings last

Q. Name the ladder order that each team will finish in at the end of the regular season?

1. Perth Wildcats 77
2. NZ Breakers 67
3. Melbourne Tigers 56
4. Cairns Taipans 52
5. Gold Coast Blaze 48
6. Townsville Crocodiles 33
7. = Adelaide 36ers & Wollongong Hawks 28
9. Sydney Kings 16

Note: Teams received nine points for every first place finish vote, eight for second, seven for third, etc...

Q. Which two teams will advance to the Grand Final and who will win?

Champion
Perth 5
New Zealand 3
Townsville 1

Runner-up
= Perth & New Zealand 3
Melbourne 1
New Zealand 1
Adelaide 1

Q. Which team (other than your own) has done the best job of recruitment in the off-season?

Cairns 5
Melbourne 3
Perth 1

Q. What win-loss record will teams need to have to be assured of a finals place?

16-12 3
15-13 3
14-14 2
18-10 1

Q. Which team will win the wooden spoon this season?

Sydney 7
Adelaide 1
Townsville 1

Topic #23996 | Report this topic

TP  
Years ago

I'm surprised the Tigers polled so well for ladder position. I'm picking them more at 4th or 5th.

Reply #291831 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

They are a bit of a gamble. Tragardh is unlikely to really work at SF and Devendorf is pretty combustible. But things could come together or fall apart with most teams. Only ones I'd be reasonably confident of locking into the top four are Perth and NZ.

Reply #291835 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Agree with Isaac, Perth and NZ are locks for the top 3. The Melbourne "Giants" could end anywhere from top 3 through to finishing outside of the finals race.

Reply #291838 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:30 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754