Phantom
Years ago

China vs Brazil fight

Dont know if this has been posted as yet but DAMN!!!

http://linky.com.au/y20o8

Topic #24019 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

How was that not brought under control more quickly? Wow. Feisty.

Statement from FIBA

Says that they can impose suspensions and fines but nothing has been announced at this point.

Reply #292206 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

Yeh i searched for this fight after reading up Boti's article. It was disgusting how far it went. I hope China get a substantial ban for that. it appeared the Brazilians barely even instigated it, they kept trying to walk away and the chinese kept going for them. the boot bashing at the end was shocking. Good to see the CBA recognised it was their fault.

Reply #292216 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Following the Serbia vs Greece brawl (and the very lenient sanctions imposed by FIBA), I am still surprised that this kind of thing happened so soon after.

FIBA may find it difficult to impose greater sanctions than those dished out to the Greek and Serbian players and teams as they went too soft to begin with.

Reply #292218 | Report this post

Jr_Sr  
Years ago

WOW this looked BAD, coach should've been tossed when he smashed the score bench. By that stage he was completely out of control, which then would've permmiated thru what is a relatively inexperienced team China. Unfortunately nationalism when used as a motivating factor can be so emotionally powerful that all control can be lost and can have regretful results.

Did i see someone getting kicked on the ground?? I thought that only happened in bad soccer games?? It would be nice to have seen the whole game and know the whole story.

Reply #292250 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

How feral by the Chinese players!

Reply #292253 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

That all happened a minute and a half into the game, so you did pretty much see the whole game !!

Reply #292255 | Report this post

Jr_Sr  
Years ago

Wow 1.5 mins into the game, who put the angry juice in the water bottles?

Reply #292259 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

Jr_Sr, i agree the coach should have been kicked out after his behaviour but did you see the officials behind the bench??? as he slammed his fist they jumped and just ignored it, they needed some better security to control that situation, if one of those people stood up to him he without a doubt would have probably floored them in his state of mind. The way the Chinese crowd was you would have thought they paid to see a boxing match!

Reply #292261 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Slamming the scorebench, screaming directly at the officials, haymakers, knees, headlocks, kicks while on the ground ..... China have a lot to answer for. 3 month suspension for the whole team and certain players will be lucky if they play for a year or two.

Reply #292299 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

China's national coach Bob Donewald Jr., a manager and three players have been suspended by the Chinese Basketball Association for an ugly on-court brawl with the Brazil team

Donewald was suspended indefinitely, fined $7,500 and given a formal demerit (whatever that is?)

Manager Zhang Xiong was fined $4,500, and players Ding Jinhui, Su Wei, and Zhu Fangyu, who were each fined $3,000.

The Chinese team's preparations for the Asian Games have been put on hold to give players time to "deeply reflect." All players have also been ordered to attend lessons on good sportsmanship.

Link: http://linky.com.au/vc78q

Interesting to note that FIBA has yet to impose any sanctions of their own like occurred in the Greece vs Serbia brawl. This is all that is on their website so far: http://linky.com.au/g8dj7

Reply #292580 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Didn't know China's national coach was an american.
Maybe the consultant to the Chinese national team,
Brian Goorjian, will take over as the coach.

Reply #292740 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Disgraceful.

Reply #292792 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Agree DB5. Very ordinary from FIBA yet again.

Reply #292795 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:55 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754