Macca27
Years ago

Rumour: Lightning import cut?

The story from the Dome is that an import is about to be cut

Has anyone else heard anything? I was sent an SMS last night, but they wouldn't tell me who. Only that I would find out Sunday at the latest but maybe in the paper Saturday

Topic #24020 | Report this topic

SRT070  
Years ago

this sounds a bit sus. sounds very similar to Worthingtons knee blowout

Reply #292207 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

Macca are you talking sixers or lightning? If it is the sixers I would think it would be DeVries unless Winder as down something wrong (drink driving etc). I would hope that they have got a replacement ready. But will wait until it is confirmed.

Reply #292208 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not Sixers

Reply #292209 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

Can someone (someone being Isaac or someone else in the know) state that this does not involve the sixers? i dont like a team falling apart 2 days before the season tip off!!

Reply #292211 | Report this post

bang  
Years ago

calm down, the lightening let their american go yesterday. this is not a secret, expect boty to report on it tomorrow.

Reply #292217 | Report this post

Ushiro  
Years ago

Am i mistaken but doesnt the heading of this thread say "Rumour: Lightning import cut?"

Reply #292223 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Grapevine says that Amber Land is likely to get the nod.

Reply #292226 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

Ushiro, thats the newly adjusted heading. before that the heading stated "Adelaide import cut"

cheers for clearing it up guys.

Reply #292228 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Ushiro, it does now. If you look at the title of each reply, you can see when I changed it.

I guess if the import was not cutting it, the team is probably better off giving more minutes to their younger Australian prospects?

Reply #292229 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Lightning should be in the ABL not the WNBL

Reply #292232 | Report this post

Rhea 16  
Years ago

They kind of are. If you just made a few minor adjustments.

Just called Sturt.

Reply #292236 | Report this post

By law  
Years ago

They wont be playing for Sturt next season.
If the minutes stay the same way. There will only be 2 that will qualify, 2 others will need a new club to play in ABL

Reply #292244 | Report this post

Rhea 16  
Years ago

Not if the qualify for having played 200+ games already for Sturt.

Reply #292249 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No chance of that with 18 games a year.

Reply #292251 | Report this post

Rhea 16  
Years ago

Sorry,

8 Seasons or 100 games for the women. ie Nixon and Marino for Sturt?

And rookies do not become restricted players, ie Langford and Seekamp for Sturt?

Reply #292252 | Report this post

By law  
Years ago

They aren't rookies, both played at the AIS.

20 mins average court time makes you restricted. That was the eagles issues last season.

Reply #292254 | Report this post

Rhea 16  
Years ago

So they become the 2 restricted then?

With Marino and Nixon elligible do to long club service?

And all 4 qualify to play and start with Bowley.

Wow, look out.

Reply #292257 | Report this post

Macca27  
Years ago

You could have kept the title for a least a little while. It obviously got a few reactions and we haven't even played yet

Reply #292258 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

private ownership has not done lightning any favours except extend its death throes. Unless BSA fund a club in the WNBL there are no South Australian opportunities for women and no pathway for younger talent. of course Sturt excepted

Reply #292260 | Report this post

Catty  
Years ago

BSA can't afford to fund a WNBL team.

It loses $150K per year minimum, (or more likely $300K at the moment) and that could be better used building new stadiums or employing people to fill the current stadiums.

Reply #292262 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon 260, No cares about your useless boring posts that keeps slagging off the Lightening. I guess the whole comp is ABL standard considerinf the Lightening only just went down to a championship favourite with 2 of their better players.

Reply #292266 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

story on adelaide now website.

Reply #292271 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

266, it's LIGHTNING and I care cause I don't want 'em renamed 'fizzle'.

Reply #292285 | Report this post

Ushiro  
Years ago

Thanks SRT070 and Isaac for clearing that up. Can understand now why the query re which team. Guess it means that either more attention needs to be to creating thread headers or that it was deliberately misleading to create interest.

Reply #292287 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:50 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754