Isaac
Years ago

Hawks vs Blaze, Oct 15

Very first game of the 2010/11 season. Hawks up 14-8 early. Campbell and Davidson are playing for the Hawks. Wortho fine for the Blaze.

Topic #24029 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

83-77, Hawks win. Ervin with 27.

Reply #292344 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Another 'underdog' winning. I think the bookies have got some of the teams pegged totally wrong. Blaze and Tigers early season form well off the pace.

Reply #292345 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Hawks were favourites in this game with teh bookies XY, Blze were paying 2.30!

Unless Goulding ramps up his output the Blaze will struggle, seriously lacking an explosive guard who can get hot and create his own shot and get into the paint!

Reply #292349 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

great way to start the season.......two upsets.

i love it...EFFORT = SUCCESS.

all i need now is for the taipans to beat the crocs tomorrow night.

Reply #292350 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

...and the Sixers on Sunday.

What do you think of Gleeson, Statman. Obviously Joey doesn't have a lot of faith if he could only afford to rest Gibbo for 3 minutes the entire game. And when's Cadee due back?

Nice to see Garlepp get a shot.

Reply #292360 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Might have been two upsets Skull, but I felt the Kings and Hawks would win tonight. They are the more balanced teams.

Blaze have been horrible in pre-season and clearly aren't gelling as a team yet. I actually think their roster is unbalanced with too many perimeter players. Someone like Rickert would have been very helpful on their team.

Tigers are the same, being way too top heavy and slow. GC should trade the Tigers either Harvey or Goulding for Burston, then both teams would look better. (Actually on second thoughts, don't do that. Send Burston back to Adelaide where he would be damned useful!)

Reply #292366 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Kings were an upset (on the road against an at-the-time more fancied team) but the Hawks were narrow favourites.

After last night's games, Kings are up to $12, Hawks slight improvers, Tigers down to $10 and Blaze to $5. Breakers have improved from $6 to $5.50. 36ers now clearly trailing at $17.

Tonight, Kings are favourites against the Breakers, Crocs favourites against Cairns, and the Cats are $1.55 favourites against the 36ers.

Reply #292402 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:38 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754