billo
Years ago

Anyone ordered from Eastbay?

Hi hoopsters,

My mate put an order with Eastbay last night (which included a shiny new Spalding for myself) and has received this email from [email protected]

It seems pretty legit to me but has anyone ordered with Eastbay before and received a similar email or is there any way this could be some underhanded scam?

Dear Matt
Thank you for your recent order. To process your order, we request
written confirmation of the order. To confirm your order, reply to
this email and provide your name, address at which you receive your
credit card statements and your phone number. Please also
include the bank name and phone number printed on your credit
Please do not include your credit card number, expiration
date or card verification number in your reply. Please respond
within 5 business days to prevent the order from being cancelled.
Thank you, Eastbay Payment Processing Department
Customer Number: 44345904

Would love to hear whether this is a standard thing with all Eastbay orders or something unusual.

Cheers.

Topic #24064 | Report this topic

Big Sexy  
Years ago

That is interesting, I just put an order through about 2 minutes ago, so I will wait and see if I get anything similar.

Reply #292629 | Report this post

No Deal!!  
Years ago

I have ordered through Eastbay before and got the same email. I replied and everything was fine. Quick postage as well.

Reply #292632 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Agree with No Deal...I got the same too the first time I purchased. I did what they asked and got my order within 5 working days via courier.

Reply #292633 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

I've ordered with Eastbay a couple of times in the past and I've received my items within a week. Super fast postage.

However I don't re-call receiving that email described above.

Overall no problems with Eastbay. An awesome resource.

Reply #292638 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Great, thanks for the feedback, I thought it was a long shot that Nigerians had hacked into the Eastbay ordering system and proceeded to email customers asking for their address but specifically NOT their credit card numbers but it's good to be sure.

Reply #292644 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

It might be done to restrict people using stolen credit cards? Certainly right to be very suspicious of it though and you could always call them up quickly to double check?

Reply #292645 | Report this post

ankles  
Years ago

Ordered some shoes for my daughter last Saturday (my first order) - no requests for verification, almost daily updates in progress during tracking and delivered Friday (while my local sportstore said they could ringon Monday and see if the Australian distributor had any in stock - for $80 more!). I'm a fan.

Reply #292662 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

My mate ended up spending $500 on various gear so perhaps they only do it on the bigger orders? The fact you email it to an @eastbay.com address provides some assurance.

Reply #292668 | Report this post

olskoolgamer  
Years ago

I had the same verification required on a big order too... I was hesitant at first too, but worked out fine, and very quick postage (under a week). I asked a few questions first and she seemed legit, so that gave me enough confidence to go ahead. And agreed, the @eastbay helps.

Just double check all the sizes for the clothes... they vary wildly from brand to brand, check the actual size measurements. But all in all a great site. They have the eastbay compression tops for like $10, not as good as the skins, but still useable. reverseable mesh jerseys too for about $10.

Reply #292683 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

To confirm with everyone else - I got that email when I ordered from them. I emailed back (to their main email address) and got a confirmation that this was normal practice.

Have ordered from them many times - quick and easy - I have from them on a Sunday and I got my stuff by Friday.

Reply #292685 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Eastbay are great, I've ordered lots of shoes from them. Placed an order Friday 10:00am, the shoes were at my door 10:00am the following Tuesday.

Reply #292693 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

Tweet25 Ilike25 or Save25 will get you 25% off too!

sorry if its too late :(

and how good is the exchange rate now? WOW!

Reply #292695 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hi,

I have certainly received that email from Eastbay. ENSURE YOU only give the info they ask for. I hope its legit ive ordered from them twice in the past monht and replied to that email :)

Reply #292696 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

oh and dont order anything over $1000 or you will get stung with importers duty and willhave to pay GST.

I ordered the Crocs Cheerleaders shoes (air force 1 - all white) and got hit! :(

Reply #292697 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Yeah I got this email once. I just ignored it and my order got canceled haha. But I did it again, replied to the email and it was all good.

I just made an order a few days ago as well. The Australian dollar is killing it right now! Get on it.

Reply #292711 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Five working days? Wow. I knew it was a popular option for saving money on shoes but didn't realise they were shipping that quickly.

Thanks to the few people who've hit the Eastbay affiliate link on Hoops - they pay a very small commission but it helps cover the hosting bill.

Reply #292715 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

They are really quick and use UPS courier to deliver their consignments to Australia.

I received my last order in 6 days. As long as your order is placed on a Friday in Australia, they can normally ship on Friday US time, meaning your package travels over the weekend...

Reply #292720 | Report this post

brewer  
Years ago

On your first order you get this email...

Great place to get shoes when they dont have your size in Aus or if you want them cheaper

Reply #292737 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

I'll pretty much never buy joggers or basketball boots anywhere else now that I've used Eastbay.
Price is extremely cheap (even when I bought it at around the 85c mark), postage is extremely quick and a quick search on google will usually give you 25-30% off your order (so basically you get your postage for free).
Now that the Aussie dollar is equal to the US dollar, I wouldn't even consider buying shoes/bball gear from anywhere else.
Bit annoying that they don't send Adidas to anywhere outside of America, but that's the only real drawback.

Reply #292742 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Yeah, devastated I've just bought some new cross trainers here. For hoops I'm still cranking a pair of Iversons I picked up for £20 (circa AU$35) at TK MAXX in London, but once they wear out (which might take a while based on my on-court work rate) I'll be straight to Eastbay.

Reply #292755 | Report this post

Jc  
Years ago

I got my gear inside 5 days and it was brilliant.
Only drama was they couldn't ship any Asics sneakers to me due to some restrictions they have but i found another site called runningexpo.com and bought a pair of Asics advertised for $209 at Rebel or Amart's website for $126 which included freight and conversions. Only prob is i am still waiting over a week which is annoying compared to Eastbay delivery.

Reply #292770 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Had a wrong delivery once & protested that I had to pay to return the box (plus a nag about the inconvenience). They saw my point & fixed it up really well. Great customer service!

Reply #292793 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Yes, their customer service is fantastic! I once ordered a pair of basketball shoes and the seams on one of them was coming apart. I had to pay to return them via mail, but they refunded the amount back to me and had them replaced inside a week.
They reply to emails very quickly too.

Reply #292794 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Superb web-site as everyone is saying and certainly spend up now while we're pretty even with the US Dollar.

Reply #292818 | Report this post

hydra93  
Years ago

Got the same email first up, queried and went ahead. Have spent thousands over the years. Excellent service and delivery. Order Thursday night generally get it Monday.

Reply #292819 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

First-rate, can't recommend them enough. Customer service excellent, range excellent - nothing but excellent and Moses shops there regularly.

Reply #292926 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Eastbay = Amazing

Shame they wont let you buy certain brands like lacoste and levi etc. I think its because of their stupid mark-up here in Australia. Doesnt matter for basketball gear though, I have got my last 3 pairs of kix on there and theyve all been great.

Reply #292999 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shipping has gone up? Used to be $32, now up to about $58.

Just when you think youre getting a break on the dollar!

Reply #293001 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Could try shipito or priceusa to order things that won't ship internationally?

Reply #293004 | Report this post

hydra 93  
Years ago

The freight increase is a pain, but the regular 25% discounts generally cover it. Goods are so much cheaper that I am happy to pay a small premium for quicker delivery. Still so much better than locally. Try buying size 15/16 shoes in Adelaide!!

Reply #293012 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

There's something I'm looking at buying through the US or here in Australia. Shipping from Brisbane to Adelaide - $180. Shipping from California to Adelaide - $155. Crazy.

Reply #293014 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

I just bought two new pairs of Shoes from Eastbay and placed my order with them on Monday 13th December at around 8pm Melbourne time. The shoes arrived today - now that's pretty good if you ask me!

Reply #300436 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i tried to order from eastbay but it said some of the items in my cart cannot be shipped internationally but doesnt tell me the item or items
can someone please help

Reply #320050 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Email Eastbay and ask them direct.

Reply #320053 | Report this post

pwned  
Years ago

some nike shoes (kobes) and asics do not ship to Australia. This is because nike australia and footlocker were losing too much cash. cant do anything about it

Reply #320054 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:07 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754