Da Breez
Years ago

one HD

I have to say i am really enjoying the coverage by one HD.

What do you think ?

Topic #24115 | Report this topic

Hopeful  
Years ago

Ive officially had enough of the sound of Steve carfino's voice. The actual footage and free to air factors are great, but Carfino has rubbed me up the wrong way for years now!

Reply #293417 | Report this post

Da Breez  
Years ago

i felt the same way bout Steve carfino but i am getting use to him. I personally think he knows his stuff.
Its better than having Shane Heal ;)

Reply #293419 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

I thought steve was purely a colour guy, but he is working his way into play by play well. The thing I like about drewy is his honesty, if it is a crap play he will let everyone know. I reckon they still need some work but after a few more weeks will be a lot more polished. Lovin' 1 hd, keep it up and I may get rid of pay.

Reply #293425 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Replace both of them i say!

Reply #293429 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

Yep, great idea anon, bring on robert walls & luke darcy!

Reply #293431 | Report this post

hmmmm  
Years ago

Dreweys honesty ???? hahaha.
He is the most politically correct guy involved in the sport....

Reply #293448 | Report this post

Young Gun  
Years ago

I love one HD's coverage!! Best coverage we've had since the 'good old days' & it's getting people in the office talking about bball... something I rarely have experienced since becoming an NBL fan in 1990

Reply #293459 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

carfino is a little less irritating as a play by play guy as he's less likely to be spouting a banal observation - though he is of course still prone to that too.. what was with the comment about american players not getting calls anyway? sounded positively cal brutonesque..

Reply #293472 | Report this post

Dewar  
Years ago

I'm not sure what I'm watching on ONE's coverage of the basketball half the time, if you want to see the players hair styles its great but as far as watching the play most of the time you cant see whats happening. The incident tonight was a prime example. There wasn't a camera that wasn't zoomed into the play as such there was no replay to determine if the shot had gone up before the time ran out. Basketball consists of 10 players 95% of the time.

- Also shots of the upper body are pretty useless, basketball is all footwork.

That its back on Aussie TV is great. Now they just have to work out what their doing so we can see the game.

Reply #293579 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I can see the game fine, perhaps you need a new tv!!

Reply #293587 | Report this post

JCK  
Years ago

I can't see it I can only see F1's going around a track in Korea.

Reply #293622 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You'd think that living here in Aus for 25yrs now Carfino would have got rid of the yank accent..But nooooooo he has to accentuate it..Pisses me orfffff...I see the feet fine also

Reply #293652 | Report this post

Dewar  
Years ago

What i was on about in my previous post is the the picture tracking the point guard while off screen a play is being run and you cant see that. Frequently you just get the ball handler. The commentators have mentioned a number of times about a pick and roll being run (which is a screen on the ball handlers defender) cant be seen in shot as the camera is zoomed up on the point guard.

I'd like to be able to see the plays a bit more is all I'm saying.

Reply #293689 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:39 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754