Anonymous
Years ago

Crocs at blaze

Crazy finish at the coast as the blaze come from down 12 with 3 minutes to go to get the win in overtime

Topic #24129 | Report this topic

Bernie Blaze  
Years ago

Best Win In Blaze History

Reply #293662 | Report this post

Tyrell  
Years ago

I think Matt Bloomberg who wrote the article on nbl.com.au from sportal had already typed the article thinking the Crocs had won it- judging by this line

"Townsville, with a record of 2-1, will return home and prepare to host Sydney in their next fixture on Saturday, while Joey Wright has until Friday night to turn his men around for their clash with Cairns at home"

http://www.nbl.com.au/news/article/2010/october/blaze-run-down-crocs/

Reply #293666 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Big call Bernie!

We were pathetic in the first half and finallly fired up late in the game. Worthington was amazing down the stretch and our full court pressure finally paid dividends late in the game. Huge call by the refs at the end of regulation time too to send the game into OT.

Crocs looked lost when Hinder fouled out and I cannot fathom how they didnt not use Shenscher better. He was unstoppable early but Gleeson didnt try to use him late.
Freeman is a flat out nut, has a great jump shot but seems to be a headcase, when game was on the line he he went missing with what appeared to be a very very soft hamstring cramp!

Reply #293678 | Report this post

Mr bEn  
Years ago

Probs not a fair call Freeman. He had been signalling to his bench during the third that he had given something a twinge.

Reply #293710 | Report this post

ankles  
Years ago

I'm with Statman. Townsville spent the first half convincing me they are a top 3 team (except at getting the ball in from the baseline - what was going on there?) including insisting on pounding the ball into Schenscher (Sp?) who was productive.

They seemed to have all the answers while the Blaze hadn't even heard the questions.

I really dont think the Crocs took the Blaze comeback seriously until it was too late (that would be with 18 seconds left when Goulding hit the 2 free throws) - I suspect they kept looking at Goulding waving his arms at the crowd and thought like me - 'mate, more time hitting jump shots and playing D and less time trying to rev up the crowd in a lost cause' (shows how much I know!).

It wasn't that the Crocs didn't use the big fella down the stretch, he simply couldn't catch it - it was like they'd sent in a body double for the final quarter. I couldn't believe the number of times he would have a good open look if only he got it at the first grab.

On a rules tangent (I thought they fouled with time on the clock by the way and could see the video monitor in front of me which surely could have been used as easily as the OneHD monitor on Friday night - consistency please?).

In telling the referees not to blow a foul in the clutch which could decide the game (which I believe they have been told for a while now) aren't they in effect deciding the game because its now pretty much open slather on the shooter - take your chances on them calling a foul because they are reluctant to get the whistle out?

For the first 3/4 of the game Blalock's penetration earned him a trip to the stripe - not so with the game on the line.

Reply #293771 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:23 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754