I wonder
Years ago

Tigers Bench

Does anyone know who that short fat point guard was that came off the bench at the end of the Tigers Perth game. Holy SH*t what is the league doing allowing scrubs on the court? If he can get a game that anyone can. Look like everyone wins a prize in Melbourne!

Topic #24131 | Report this topic

Tyrell  
Years ago

"I wonder" - great call- major LOL!!! The player was Robbie Stone, managed to get 1 rebound but was pretty horrendous!

Reply #293669 | Report this post

Tyrell  
Years ago

i said he was horrendous, but he is probably a good bloke, and given the situation he was put in, at least he pulled down a board!

Reply #293673 | Report this post

I wonder  
Years ago

Yeah, nothing personal, but why was he even there to pull down a rebound? c'mon...... this would be the same as bringing Tod Gower off the bench for the Celtics.

Reply #293680 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Played at Lassen Community College in US and returned to Australia around 19 years of age. According to myspace, likes "reading about yaself in newspapers". Here's hoping that extends to internet forums .....

PS. I didn't see the last few minutes but anything has to be better than the rubbish they're serving up at the minute. Their team is in diabolical strife and when the coach dresses down their star player in the first timeout, you know all isn't well at Tigerland.

Reply #293712 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The Tigers have star players?

Reply #293719 | Report this post

WTF  
Years ago

The Tigers are really bad this season. I feel bad saying it, but that kid should not be suiting up for the long standing and somewhat legendary Tigers Club. Isaac is correct, do they have any stars? I think that having a captain that is a 6th man style player and 2 of the worst imports in the history of the league is saying something. Corletto is a great role player, but you cannot rely on him for scoring in bunches. Their bigs would be better is the guards were. I think that 2 new Americans would help a lot. And get rid of the guy at the end of the bench before the league loses even more credibility.

Reply #293764 | Report this post

Achtung Baby  
Years ago

Melbourne's experiment with 4 bigs is definitely not working, or will it, especially with the quality they have.

I like Nevill, and Burston is a great backup centre in the NBL, as he works so hard. But playing Wade Helliwell is just silly. He has no real upside in our game, too slow, and no real skill. Would prefer them to play Tragardh at the 4 spot, like he truly is, and play Nevill at the 5, and bring Burston's energy and work ethic of the bench for some quality minutes.

In saying that, their's are 2 imports that have gotta go... Neither looked interested at all, and the Tigers got better production from the lean bench they have.

Replace Campbell, and Devendorff with a PG, and scoring SF, and start corletto at the 2. In a few weeks or so they will have Greer back also to fill the void left at the 3 spot.

Maybe easier said than done, but I think that is the need for Melbourne to avoid the bomb shelter this season.

Reply #293780 | Report this post

jimmy  
Years ago

yes Robbie Stone should not be playing NBL, struggles big time at ABA level and thats just playing in the BigV, not SEABL..butt no offence to the bloke, just not quite there yet. may prove us wong..

in saying that though, Bo Westover is getting a gig and played junk time last season. So i definetly think any tigers junior from u12s up then deserves a run lol

Reply #293801 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(Mod: Back to the nuthouse.)

Reply #293802 | Report this post

Ushiro  
Years ago

If having 4 "talls" is the way to go, then watching the Tigers play makes me a bit more comfortable with the 36ers mix of players. Not to say that a decent 3 man would be nice but the Tigers are so bad at the moment that ex-players like Gaze, Copeland, Bradke etc must cringe every time they see this rabble hit the floor in Tigers uniforms. Certainly Gaze didnt seem too impressed in commentary last game.

Reply #293807 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:10 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754