George
Years ago

Logan V Caps

What a game... Logan lucky to escape.

I've been a big critic of Veal since she left the AIS. Right now she looks to be in the best shape of her career and her individual and team 'd' was better than anyone on the court. We all know she can pass the ball but she really needs to be more selfish in this league if Logan are going to make a finals run.

Topic #24134 | Report this topic

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

All Veal needs is some decent options to deliver the ball to, and this season she finally has them in Randall, Camino & Francis.
Unfortunately the latter two in particular are erratic, so only time will tell if Olaf can make it work, but they certainly have the talent there to do some damage.

Few players in the WNBL bug me as much as Cayla Francis. Good size, heaps of talent, but just doesn't seem to give a crap at times. 2 years ago I thought she would be in the Opals team by now, but since then she seems to have increased rather than decreased her distance from them. I hope she can turn it around for herself at Logan, but that game against Canberra didn't give me much confidence that she will. [/tangential rant]

Reply #293709 | Report this post

she is a good player and logan will go top 5 and maybe get that 4th spot - will be close between them and sydney for the 4th play off spot

Reply #293745 | Report this post

Brump  
Years ago

Yeah you say she looks like she doesn't give a crap but that could just be her appearance on the court. Vealy is a perfect example, she seems cool, calm and collected on the court but we all know she probably has more butterflies in her stomach than anyone. You can't base your negative opinion of Cayla from the way she looks on the court, because she has equal amounts or more heart than anyone on that court. And I'm pretty sure she is in the Opals Squad no? I wouldn't call that distancing herself from the team at all.

Reply #293885 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

Brump, please understand that my frustration and disappointment are only because I like her as a player, but I know she could also be better. I rate her highly - I'm not a hater by any means. I was looking forward to seeing her in Opals colours.

Remember when Francis & Tolo were coming out of the AIS - Francis was the superior player of the two.
Since then Tolo has gone from strength to strength, while Cayla hasn't yet really gone on to fulfill her potential.

What inspired me to mention her here was the Logan-Canberra game on tv last weekend. Some poor decisions, silly shots, and a lack of effort at times I thought. Hopefully we just caught her on an off night.
I really do want her to succeed, and I think that with her talent and that around her at Logan they could really be an excellent team if they can put it together.

Reply #293953 | Report this post

George  
Years ago

Guys - at the moment Francis v Tolo isn't even a contest. Tolo is more polished, smarter, athletic than Francis.

Having said that I think Francis has the raw tools to potentially dominate teams in the WNBL - she just doesn't seem to have the killer instinct in her.

Reply #294342 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:25 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754