visions
Years ago

norwood carnival turmoil!

hmm controversy!!! in the game between u20's woodville div2's and norwood div2's a massive rumble broke out in which two players were kicked out of the match. even more interestingly is that two div1 Norwood players who were watching the game came and threw punches, one being Scott Lampshire! he and the other Norwood player (I'm not sure of his name) are facing huge suspensions, I've heard everything between 8 weeks and a year. I am not too knowledgeble on the subject so hopefully someone in the know will post here soon. Lampshire and the other player were present in the final though, in which Woodville won 61-51

Topic #2414 | Report this topic

Pepi  
Years ago

Who were the woodville players involved? Cheez you wouldn't of had anything to do with the rucus?

Reply #26967 | Report this post

FLY  
Years ago

Nah it was Dave Pascoe from Woodville. It went on all game up until the 3rd quarter where I think the Norwood bloke got called for a foul, Pascoe pushed him and it broke out. I reckon there was about 15 people oncourt either puching or pushing, or trying to break it up. Pascoe and the Norwood bloke got disqualifying fouls, and the Norwood div 1 bloke, who was a spectator, got asked to leave too. That's only my recount from another court, so feel free to correct it if needed.
For all it matters, Woodville went on to win in overtime. And I've heard the div 1 bloke could be sustpended for up to 2 years, not just one, as outlined above. But I doubt anything will come of it because Norwood didn't have a tribunal in place for the carni.

Reply #26968 | Report this post

visions  
Years ago

the norwood guy tried to start on me as well, bad attitude ++?

Reply #26970 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good to see the Pistons and the Pacers are setting a good example for the kids :)

Reply #26973 | Report this post

Sir Spark  
Years ago

Pascoe is at the tribunal right now, if he gets a date there then so should the norwood players. No excuses

Reply #26974 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

would it be possible that the police could get involved with this given that the norwood guys were actually spectators, i dont know the by-laws involved with this.

Reply #26979 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who was involved:

Lampshire
Pascoe

Who else??

Reply #26980 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

i was in the middle of the hole thing.

Wat happen was there had been niggle all game, which erupted when pascoe and the norwood bloke clashed while dave had the ball in the mid court. he then got into the post where the norwood player apparently hit dave in the face. He then turned and with the ball and let it rip at the norwood player. The norwood bloke then took off after pascoe along with the rest of the norwood team, and the woodville players there for came in aswell. No cheezeburger didnt have anything to do with the start of the fight but was there at the end. anyway. from wat i saw, there was really only pushing and shoving, no punches thrown.

Now. Pascoe has been let off with a warning. the norwood div 2 i think has to go to a basa thing or something like that, but should get off, but also could get a couple. Lampshire i beleive is facing closer to a year and the other bloke 6 to 8 months. this is from dave's mouth who was the only one of the 4 apparently who showed up today.

the div 1's in the end just made this worse (i no once i saw them, thats where i was heading ) and they deserve wat they get! it was great to see after it was over the rest of the players that were on the court, all shook hands so there was no hard feelings and so the game could have the exciting conclusion that it had!

Reply #26981 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

dave wont take thigngs any further. police wise.

players involved, lampshire, pascoe, number 6 from the norwood div 1's and number 13 from the 2's

Reply #26982 | Report this post

statue of liberty  
Years ago

i cant believe i was at the stadium at the time and didnt see/ notice anything!

It was too loud to even know wat was going on

Reply #26983 | Report this post

visions  
Years ago

i dont believe Lampshire should be suspended for a year, it's way too harsh when he's trying to crack the ABA squad. did any of his punches land or what

Reply #26984 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

wat punches. and thats his bad luck. he did the stupidest thing ya can do as a spectator. if he gets a year, tuff s##t!!

Reply #26985 | Report this post

visions  
Years ago

well if he didnt punch anyone what did he do

Reply #26986 | Report this post

turmoil reigns  
Years ago

If u run onto the court from the crowd and if this not punished then in the heat of the moment you could have some serious situations. Imagine if 6 or 7 had ran onto the court. Then you get people that arent even involved like older brothers or parents. You are asking for trouble if you just let ppl in the crowd run onto the court and get into fights.

Reply #26987 | Report this post

visions  
Years ago

so am i reading things correctly if i was to say Lampshire is up for a possible 2 year suspension just for running onto the court?

Reply #26988 | Report this post

turmoil reigns  
Years ago

I dont know as I know nothign about this incident. However running onto the court from the crowd to get into a fight IS very serious.

Reply #26989 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He ran on the court and was pushing people, which everyone was doing, a year is a bit rough since no one was hurt or punched. But him being a div1 he was naturally the biggest guy there and was a stand out person in the fight.

Reply #26990 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

i have just got some info that apparently he did throw punches. very reliable source. he wont get 2 years so get that out of ya heads. im fairly sure 1 is the max

Reply #26991 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

heads up for the rematch! should be a battle!

Reply #26993 | Report this post

Sir Spark  
Years ago

A bad move from a good player. Lampshire's on court attitude cannot be doubted...but he over reacted in a big way and should pay the price.

We were playing on the next court and as tempting as it looked to jump in, I quickly realised that the players/umpires needed to sort it out...not spectators.

Reply #26994 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

no you didnt you were too scared to jump in in case you messed up your golden locks

Reply #26995 | Report this post

Sir Spark  
Years ago

Neat hair and I get to play ball for the next year...do you think I made the right decision?

Reply #26996 | Report this post

crying shame  
Years ago

The norwood U20s have been in the spotlight this week on the forum haha. First Max P*** and his coach leaving somewhat unflattering messages and now this. Its like a soap opera. Perhaps they should all just concentrate on basketball and not fighting etc.

Reply #27002 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i believe in scott lampshire

Reply #27009 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i love scot

Reply #27010 | Report this post

food 4 thought  
Years ago

its pretty stupid in the first place. They should all get done i think if it's even one week but theyu shouldn't be allowed to get aqway for it. Especially spectators like lampshire and ohter guy just stupid.... should get between 6 to 8 months for it and the other guy 2 to 4 months.
who else agrees if not have for own thought and fix on what i just said on the matter

Reply #27015 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I hope english isnt your first language

Reply #27030 | Report this post

statue of liberty  
Years ago

i think you pretty much summed it up there food 4 thought

Reply #27031 | Report this post

Freddy  
Years ago

Lampshire always has an atitude problem.... he came on the court and enetered a fight as a spectator.... as a player is bad enough... he should get 24 months but hell get bewteen 8-12

Reply #27033 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

he has probably THE best attitude i've seen on the court

Reply #27037 | Report this post

Woodville Playa  
Years ago

It's true, he does have a good attitude on the court, he goes onto the court to have fun and is a good sportsperson. He doesnt have a big head and obviously loves the game.

Reply #27047 | Report this post

the air up there  
Years ago

If only scotts dad was a lawyer, threaten to go to court and his suspension would be halfed... cos that is crap basa pulls!

Reply #27057 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As a spector at the game, scott lampsire ran onto the court grabbed/restrained 1 woodville player and pulled his best friend away to the bench (a player for norwood div2's)! NO punches or any crap like that. He had a loud verbal squaral with a woodville offical. He has been reported and it has been passed on to basa. He will get 2-3weeks scrub MAX. NO year No 2 years (whoever posted that crap has no idea!)
Hope that clears a bit up.

Reply #27060 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You really don't know with basa tribunerals, anything could happen from max weeks/months given out to nothing at all. Although running onto the court will mean he'll most probably get a few weeks as for getting done for actually throwing a punch, well there seems to be mixed stories of what happened, so it all depends on exactly what is said in the tribuneral.

Hope he gets the minimum that should be handed down if at all.

Reply #27061 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(#27060)

you already prempt a tribunal finding on weeks penalty given.

for an infringement that does not happen often and would have to be held in high disregard.

if he had been a player on the bench who came onto the court to break up a fight he would have been automatically disqualified from the game.

that type of penalty even though they are often attempting to stop a fight is to stop players and managers from further inflaming a position.

regardless of his intention IMO his action is incomprehensible and indefensible.

next time 'little johnny' in u10s is bumped mum or dad can run on court and drag the other kid away

next time brett maher is toe to toe nose to nose with someone a spectator or two can come on court and sort the mess out.

or in the AFL spectators could have streamed on to the gabba and stopped brisbane from hitting nick reiwoldt.

regardless of level of game, u10, u18 abl and regardless of whether it be finals or a norwood tournament. it shouldn't happen

Reply #27062 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The woodville guy that came off the bench #32 got off with nothing as the umpire didnt see him. He ran on first and when scott saw him going in to attack he went to jump in. I still havent had anyone come forward with the bruises that this black belt would have caused if he had punched anyone. This post just shows how most of you have your opinions, make up shit and then everyone else joins in. I also gather that the people who said he punched someone would be woddville players. Without being at the game you have no right to comment as you didnt see what happened. The 2 players will be punished accordingly.

Reply #27067 | Report this post

know your role  
Years ago

i'll have you know that the accusation of the punch thrown was not made by a woodville player and was actually reported by an eye witness, it was sighted that lampshire ran in and threw a punch into the pack connecting with the mass of bodies but no individual player was stated.

Reply #27071 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

eyewitness being the player who started the fights dad. His little boy got more than he bargined for and now is out to attack the Norwood Basketball club.

Reply #27080 | Report this post

Shirvo  
Years ago

This is not the first time a prbolem has come form the Norwood U/20 mens teams. Their behaviour in the U/20 Grand Finals last year, was also poor. Perhaps it is up to the club to step in and restore order.

Common Sappa and Jenny. What does your club stand for. Or are you guys just going to sweep it into the too hard basket because they are good players.

Reply #27091 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Im not sure they are that good as their div 1 team didnt even make the finals in the summer season???

Reply #27092 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

Anonymous, 29/03/05 eyewitness being the player who started the fights dad. His little boy got more than he bargined for and now is out to attack the Norwood Basketball club.

Wat a load of crap. yes it was the woodville players dad who made the report, but he was in a perfict position to see all that happened! he was on that baseline for most of the game and would have seen every second! and trust me, he wouldnt make anything like that up u moron! P.S Dave can take care of him self and he retaliated to a bitch slap to the face from that norwood player. get your facts straight

Anonymous, 29/03/05 The woodville guy that came off the bench #32 got off with nothing.

Wat about the norwood players that came off the bench then. they got nothing. there was more dark blue uniforms on the court than dark green, thats for sure

Reply #27099 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

well one things for sure, the reputation of this carnival has gone completely down the drain

Reply #27103 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

In reply to Take Luck.

"yes it was the woodville players dad who made the report, but he was in a perfict position to see all that happened! he was on that baseline for most of the game and would have seen every second!"

So you're saying a parent made the report not the umpires? My understanding is that only officials may make reports, this includes referee's and scorers (as they are part of the officiating 'team').

Reply #27107 | Report this post

For those people here that know Terry, you would defiently say that he certainly wouldn't make stuff up for the benefit of the team,club or his son. If he has made a report saying that a norwood player took a swing, then I would have no reason to doubt him.

Reply #27109 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If it's someone's dad of course people will doubt what is said. How can you say just because it's this one person it's a reliable source but say if a norwood dad also made a report saying there were no swings, is that source also reliable. A spectator is a spectator no matter who they are.

Reply #27112 | Report this post

SKYHOOK  
Years ago

Spectators should not be making reports .
If officials cant see what has happened then they can ask others .. but who is to say how reliable a witness on either side of the court will be ?

Very sticky ... i'd like to defend my client under those terms... would be very hard to make a clear ruling!

Reply #27114 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

re: #27114

I think that is what actually happened. The report was made to the senior referee of the game. A report wasnt filled by the witness

Reply #27118 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

a senior referee talked to both coaches before the GF, Andrew something, about how he had filed reports for 2 norwood players

Reply #27125 | Report this post

FLY  
Years ago

Does it really matter who reported it? Anyone who was there would/should agree that the situation is worthy of a tribunal.

Reply #27149 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe so, but from running on the court to break it up and running on the court to throw a punch both deserve a few weeks break, but one is much more severe than the other. Seems like the story of what exactly happened has to be sorted out by the officials.

Also, who was reffing it? Victorian refs or SA refs? If victorian refs how will the tribuneral occur? Will the UIC just appear who it sounds like above was Andrew Filmer or will they get the ref's story via phone call? If they were SA refs then it'll be much easier.

Reply #27151 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

they were both sa refs thats for sure

Reply #27154 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Wow. Not much more to be said. As a long-serving tribunal panel member in several competitions, I'd love to have these boys before me, if anything, just to hear how they defend their actions.

Have to agree with comments about clearing the benches and stands. No excuse - you're all in strife. It can so easily get out of hand.

Folks - keep posting on this one please. Those of us 500km away don't get to hear the good oil all the time!!

Reply #27177 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hey, dont worry about the tribunal, flip a coin to decide the fate, thats the Norwood way of handling a issue. I could not believe my eyes when I read on the 18B result table that the Sturt/Woodville game was decided by a coin toss!!!!
Did the clubs and coaches agree to that????

Reply #27196 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

not sure but thats wat happened. how organised is that

Reply #27197 | Report this post

facts  
Years ago

It is my understanding that both teams were not even present at the coin toss

Reply #27198 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i think some ppl may hav lampshire mistaken for donaldosn. they look the same!

Reply #27200 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

@ #27196

very poor, especially since the woodville v norwood game that had the fight in it went into Overtime!!!

Reply #27205 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

i think some ppl may hav lampshire mistaken for donaldosn. they look the same!

if thats number 6 from the div 1's it wouldnt matter coz they were both there on the court

Reply #27211 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Having heard from the horses' mouth what happened and a spectator at the game, you guys really like to exaggerate and talk shit, aye?

Reply #27242 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

agreed libertine. First true post on this topic!!

Reply #27243 | Report this post

Cat in the Hat  
Years ago

Now come on guys - Woodville people exaggerating and talking shit on this forum?? Never!!

Reply #27246 | Report this post

Lommax  
Years ago

Libertine,
What actually happened then? I havent had a chance to talk to Lamp yet. Who was the spectator at the game? Were they neutral or were they involved with the Norwood Program? Just interested cos we dont really want to lose Scotty to a stupid suspension if it is not warranted.

Reply #27247 | Report this post

mum  
Years ago

I was present at this infamous game and saw the whole thing. Following the melee senior umpire Alan Fisk advised the bench he was submitting reports on Dave and No. 13 from Norwood and 2 spectators being Div 1 Norwood players who had been standing behind the bench. Additional information was supplied by Terry who was standing adjacent to the area of the fight. While the behaviour of the participants of the melee was reprehensible, the addition of spectators was a dangerous escalation. As I understand it, this will be handled in-house as the carnival was not a BASA sanctioned event. As a long standing Woodville supporter I would just like to say that while spectator involvement must be discouraged at all costs, Lampshire's attitude and behaviour on and off court is greatly admired by the Woodville players and we hope that commonsense prevails.

Reply #27252 | Report this post

m dizzle  
Years ago

wit the coin toss for the woodville sturt game as it was the start of the tournament the umpires were not aware that overtime was to b played so the game ended a draw.....one of the norwood senior officials did the coin toss and woodville won it. however if sturt kept winning they were able to challenge the decision however they lost every game after that so it wasnt an issue, woodville wud have made the semis regardless so it wasnt an issue in the end

Reply #27261 | Report this post

bob  
Years ago

this is all crap i suggest you guys get your facts straight before you start talking shit

Reply #27307 | Report this post

Selfe  
Years ago

haha, go Scotty - did he actualyl injur the woodville guy......

Reply #27309 | Report this post

haz  
Years ago

self ya dez

Reply #27315 | Report this post

blake  
Years ago

haz is dez

Reply #27316 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Lommax - directly from Scotty:

"No punches were thrown, I came on the court and grabbed Benny (I'm guessing Matthews?) and took him back to the bench. There was at no stage any altercations with any Woodville players, I was not ejected. I did have a conversation with a Woodville supporter on the way out of the stadium (ie after the game?) - the dad that reported me."

And the other info comes from Chris Donaldson's brother.

I'd suggest whoever posted the crap about throwing punches etc should watch what they say next time, because people have a) lost their basketball jobs, and b) been severely reprimanded before over their comments on the forum. Read the terms and conditions, because one day you'll get sued.

Reply #27320 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

libertine

regardless in what you say is his own words
"No punches were thrown, I came on the court and grabbed Benny (I'm guessing Matthews?) and took him back to the bench. There was at no stage any altercations with any"

read the rule book, talk to any senior referee, scoretable official, official of any type.

for another player to come on to court during an alteraction they are ejected from the game regardless if they are there to help or not.

for a spectator to come on to court i'm sorry it defies logic

seriously talk to the young man and tell him the error of his judgement.

because when it is all done and dusted whether he/she/they/them are over reacted all telling porkies.

he may be very very lucky that it wasn't a basa sactioned event. despite what ever intention he had simply he shouldn't have been there.

Reply #27337 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Libertine, is there any news from Scotty about his suspension yet?

Reply #27338 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Libertine...so you werent there? youre lecturing everyone on a story from a friend...who was involved...

No one will be sued for this either, you are the boy (or girl?) who cries wolf

Stop being a nowood faithfull and start being a real mod

Reply #27342 | Report this post

dez mond mason  
Years ago

will somebody get the facts right!
Did scott throw n e punches?
Will he be suspended?

Reply #27345 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Libertine...so you werent there? youre lecturing everyone on a story from a friend...who was involved...

No one will be sued for this either, you are the boy (or girl?) who cries wolf

Stop being a nowood faithfull and start being a real mod"

I believe Libertine's story is 'straight from the horse's mouth' as they say. Straight from the person who all this involves.

I don't believe Libertine is just 'a friend' of Scott's more someone who has a connection with Norwood in someway. Not exactly sure who he is but my understanding is the man is quite high up in the Norwood Committee and not just a Norwood Random? Am I correct in saying this?

Reply #27347 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

We hace Cat in the Hat (post #27246) bagging Woodville players/staff/suppoeters, yet we have another poster - Selfe (#27309) saying "haha, go Scotty - did he actualyl injur the woodville guy......"

I havent seen anyone associated with Woodville actually bagging anyone out..perhaps adding their 2 cents on what they think happened, but nothing untoward towards anyone else.

Yet we have Selfe actually wishing physical harm on the Woodville player.

Perhaps you would like to rethink your comments Cat?

Reply #27348 | Report this post

Pushed in a Bush  
Years ago

this is terrible.unless you were there dont comment on the issue because you have no idea.

Reply #27350 | Report this post

Cat in the Hat  
Years ago

Yogee

Why would I want to rethink my comments? I could say the same about some of the crap you post.

I simply responded to a comment made by Libertine about the amount of shit flying around this thread about the incident.

A number of Woodville players are well-known for their activities on this forum, which is exactly what i was referring to, NOT this particular incident.

Do us a favour Yogee, get off your high horse, and don't try and turn my comments into something they are not.

Reply #27353 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Yet Cat....and this is my point..no one has ever wished physical harm on anyone else.

I dont see you getting stuck into selfe for doing so to the woodville player.

so...get off YOUR high horse!

if your comments had nothing to do with this thread, or anything that happened on this alleged incident, why one arth even post the comments here?

only purely to inflame.

Reply #27356 | Report this post

Cat in the Hat  
Years ago

Ok Yogee, I'll bite again, although you are still trying to turn this into something it's not.

I'm sure we both agree that selfe is a wanker for wishing physical harm on another person. However it was difficult for me to get stuck into him in my original post, given that I posted BEFORE him.

In regards to me posting 'purely to inflame', yes we all know you have a connection, albeit slight, with Woodville Basketball Club, but stop being so damn sensitive! My opinions are valid, as are yours, so give it a rest. Also, in future, I will remember the smiley ;) when posting anything about my friends and colleagues at Woodville. Maybe you could have kept your stress levels down had I done so.

Now let it rest, because we are actually debating this from the same side of the fence.
See you at the next home game, 24 April v Sturt :)

Reply #27357 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Well. the smiley would have prevented me from commenting...trust me this forum doesn't raise my stress levels.....too much stuff in real life to do that :)

Well, if ya know me...come and say hi at least

Reply #27358 | Report this post

One person has stated the right thing about this subject. I was at the game and saw what happened. In my view libertine has a point about what happened but the fact of the matter is he as a spectator should not have been on court. If BASA dont take this report seriously than any parent/spectator can run on court at any point in a game. I'm not saying what the suspension should be but it has to make a statement to people watching the games.

Reply #27363 | Report this post

FLY  
Years ago

Hmm I hate to say it but for once I agree with yogee!

Reply #27364 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

All the comments about BASA taking this thing seriously and banning people for eternity and everything....

If it wasn't a BASA sanctioned event, why would BASA give 2 hoots about it?

Reply #27365 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Hmmm, it's basketball and it's in SA. Maybe something to do with that? Whether they can do something officially is one thing, but whether they give two hoots is a different matter entirely.

Reply #27367 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

did scott make the situation better or worse by going in and taking ben out of the fight? by the sounds of it, it was probably better with ben out. all he was trying to do was get his mate out of the fight and get on with the game. what would have happened if ben and this other guy got into a big fist fight and there were broken noses etc. what would ppl be saying then? i think i would have done the same thing as scott. all he did was try to break up a fight.

Reply #27371 | Report this post

Herb Powell  
Years ago

I think you will find that Selfe (& I am happy to be wrong) is an ex south & woodville junior currently playing for forestville.

If BASA don't do anything about it then Norwood & Woodville should deal with it at club level.

Reply #27373 | Report this post

gggrrrrr  
Years ago

(#27371)

JUST what part do you not understand that at no circumstance in ANY sport should it be condoned for a spectator to walk on court to even attempt to help.

on court there are a referee and an umpire. and ten players if a fight breaks out between two players or a scuffle and someone runs from the other end of the court to grab another player it can explode out of all proportion.

if someone is having a push and shove and someone approaches them from behind without warning they can mistakenly think it is someone going to hit them or cause them grief. if that is a coach or manager or someone off the bench it can often inflame an already bad situation.

why do you think that fiba has in place a rule that disqualifies any player / manager etc who comes in off the bench and enters the playing arena.

i remember an aust v russia friendly at cph where catalini got into a fight and vlahov went to his aid. longley came in off the bench and summarily got disqualified.

scorebench personnel are in those circumstances able to be aware of who has entered the playing arena and notify the referee if asked.

in cricket alderman was injured tackling a spectator who ran onto the field.

why do you think that there are hefty fines in cricket / afl / rugby / tennis to stop spectators from coming on to the playing arena.

monica seles was stabbed by a spectator.

the point here is regardless of his intention; regardless whether you think the player was better off the court. this person, this spectator, regardless of whether he is a player of another team, whether he was a parent, or someone of the street. the seriousness of someone entering the playing arena is at issue.

forget the 'was there punches thrown' forget the 'parent/coach/manager reported him' forget all the other maybe could have possibles. Libertine has stated that this player in his own words entered the court - there in lies the whole crux of the matter.

IMO as it was a norwood carnival and the that it was not a basa event like juniors or state champs or abl it doesn't come under the basa auspices.

not all competitons overlap remember robert rose being reported by geoff weeks when he was playing for forestville years ago. he got 2 games suspension from forestville but his suspension did not carry over to the nbl.

it is possible that norwood will have to censure the young man themselves.

perhaps it should serve as a warning to all young players on here the responsiblity of their actions - whether they believe they are helping or not

but saying all of that what has been done has been done.

let us end the discussion let the powers to be handle it and move on.

Reply #27380 | Report this post

Jezzalenko  
Years ago

gggrrrrr, well said chief.

Reply #27381 | Report this post

Nathan Wieland  
Years ago

gggrrrr - perfectly said.

Spectators/subs who come on the court in a fight would get a longer ban because they had no reason at all to be there.

I wasn't there, didn't see the situation - but Scott - I warned you about this very thing on Friday night at Pasadena after you were watching the Norwood 2 team play.

But always, it takes two to tango. So to whomever else was involved take a chill pill. Let it stop here - don't be childish and take it out on the court the next time you play.

Reply #27396 | Report this post

Lommax  
Years ago

Cheers Libertine,

I caught up with scotty last night. Thanks for the info.

Reply #27398 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

No probs.

I never said what I thought what they did was right. It was stupid, very stupid, they should accept and be gracious in whatever punishment they get. No spectator should ever enter a playing arena - what's the fine for cricket, $5k?

But what I didn't like was alot of things being said by people, with no response. X punching X etc. Probably the same person posting with 4 different names. (Mod: Doesn't appear to be.)

Reply #27409 | Report this post

Selfe  
Years ago

nah i wasnt wishing harm on on one- just no one had said anything if the player was injured or not?????

Reply #27498 | Report this post

Selfe  
Years ago

If the woodville guy provoked Scott (i wasnt there) then he should be dealt with exactly the same as Scotty - if..IF they get dealt with....and the coin toss with woddville and Sturt (u18 1's) was exreemly bad - why wasnt overtime played?

Reply #27499 | Report this post

cbf  
Years ago

heard two of woodvilles key big men will miss the re-match this friday.

Reply #27500 | Report this post

Selfe  
Years ago

When and where is the game on friday?

Reply #27504 | Report this post

Selfe  
Years ago

haha btw, haz is a dez..what does everyone think of harry grigg? :P

Reply #27508 | Report this post

badboys  
Years ago

9.45 st.clair

Reply #27511 | Report this post

FLY  
Years ago

Selfe,

"If the woodville guy provoked Scott (i wasnt there) then he should be dealt with exactly the same as Scotty"

Sorry but this is crap. Whoever 'provoked' Scott (if anyone) should not be blamed for Scott's actions. Most sportspeople have an ambition to phsyche out the opposition, so they can gain the upper hand. This (if he was provoked) is just another example of this.

Reply #27514 | Report this post

pushed in a bush  
Years ago

how could anyone provoke scott.it was his choice to get involved.

Reply #27515 | Report this post

Selfe  
Years ago

fly,

Sorry but this is crap. Whoever 'provoked' Scott (if anyone) should not be blamed for Scott's actions. Most sportspeople have an ambition to phsyche out the opposition, so they can gain the upper hand. This (if he was provoked) is just another example of this

i thought Scott wasnt playin - just watching - if so..how was he an opponent?

Reply #27517 | Report this post

Selfe  
Years ago

i can understand that to phsyche your opponent is fiar enough - but i was going on the information that Scott was watching...not playing

Reply #27518 | Report this post

FLY  
Years ago

Yeah ok my bad, player mixups. I don't know the Norwood blokes by their first names. It is a general comment though.

In that case though how could Scott have been provoked if he was a spectator?

Reply #27519 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

this topic is dead leave it be

Reply #27533 | Report this post

gggrrrrr  
Years ago

hasn't this been rehashed to death yet

give it a break - you are all talking around and around in circles

Reply #27535 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

please spell 'psyched' right

and i'm bored of this topic now

Reply #27536 | Report this post

bob  
Years ago

This selfe bloke is only taking out his anger in his former team. wat a dez. Does any one know of harry grigg in forestville div 2 if so what are your thoughts.

Reply #27538 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

who said that we had 2 key big men out?? i would re-think that

Reply #27539 | Report this post

Blake  
Years ago

Harry is one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet!

Reply #27555 | Report this post

james  
Years ago

the way the bylaws are written state that if you leave the bench (spectator/player/coach)then you are ejected, depending on what you do your reported (yes pushing is reportable max penalty for pushing with 2 hands open palm is 6 months) as for being 'let off' because he is having a crack @ ABL? what then? he will push and start fights there too??? if this is happenning now i doubt they will want that in their ABL team.

triking with a closed fist is 1 year. max, but this can also be server as a suspended sentence.

Reply #27585 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think we are all a bit over it. Let things run their course and we will await what happens. He has a clean record and had not ever been reported for fighting. Let BASA do their thing until then stop speculating and making more outta a situation that has smeared what was a good carnival for all. Why dont we all put in our time on a positive topic.

Reply #27589 | Report this post

pph  
Years ago

(Mod : Don't be stupid)

Reply #39966 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:34 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754