Anonymous
Years ago

Lightnings new player

i hear the lightning have offered caitlin cunningham a short term contract. can anyone confirm this?

Topic #24147 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

It was in the paper.

Yes its true.

Reply #293894 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

Why only "short term"?

Reply #293911 | Report this post

Ushiro  
Years ago

I do recall reading the article and I believe that it was for a six week trial. Apparently Caitlin, while a good SEABL player, has not been a success in previous opportunities at WNBL level. However she is around 190cm tall so would be a backup. The same article also mentioned that they are looking at recruiting a WNBA player but this would have no impact on whether or not Caitlin would stay for the whole season.

I tried to find the original article but couldnt find it.

Reply #293959 | Report this post

Ushiro  
Years ago

Well it must be true as tonights Lightning vs Caps game report says "Caitlin Cunningham debuted with 14 points and a team-high seven rebounds."

Reply #294225 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:21 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754