Isaac
Years ago

Miami @ Boston, Oct 27

The big NBA opener is into the third quarter. Not a brilliant start for the highly-fancied Heat - down 15 at this point. +/- for Wade, James and Bosh are -17, -10 and -19.

Topic #24155 | Report this topic

LC  
Years ago

James has his points, but their Heat's shooting has been woeful.

Big names for C's standing up, Rondo with 17 assists so far with less than 2min to go.

Reply #293983 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Havin just said that...James and Wade are now both firing and have the Heat back within 3 with just over 1min to go.

Reply #293984 | Report this post

No Deal!!  
Years ago

So many turnovers from the top tier guys! Lebron 8, Garnett 7 & Wade 6!!

Reply #293985 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kevin's guarding on Bosh was brilliant
Bosh missed all his jumpers
Wade played his 1st real minutes since hamstring
James took a while to come on, but he came on strong

Reply #293987 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Anon good summary. Bosh and Wade struggled (because of KG and injury respectively) and so instead of the Cleveland Lebron's we had the Miami Lebron's.

Once they reduce their TOs and get Wade into his stride, they are going to be a really tough team. Their defence was pretty decent already. Early in the game, the only way the Celtics looked like scoring was on a Rondo assist!

The Heat do have big weaknesses though. They are going to struggle to defend the paint and score in the half court against big teams. Haslem and Anthony rebound well, but they can't bother the shot of good bigs like Gasol, KG, Bynum, etc. Bosh will do well against lesser post players, but he still is not a go to guy in the post against the top teams.

Brilliant PG play from Rondo and loved Davis and Daniels play off the bench for the Celtics as well.

Reply #293991 | Report this post

The Brad  
Years ago

I know it's only one game but I was a believer that the Heat could make the Final this year but now i'm a little dubious how they are going to play in the half. With LeBron and Wade having such similar styles they tend to do a lot of standing and watching. Boston realised that it's better to double these guys on the pick and roll because players like Haslem and Anthony aren't going to beat you. I don't understand why Bosh isn't setting the pick as he is a much better jumpshot. Bosh continued to hide down on the low block and only really got his shots from mid range jumpshots going one on one against Garnett.
The Big Z got bugger all minutes and he used to be perfect for the pick and pop.
They will be a bit better with Miller on the team if he can make his three's and I think House did a reasonable job today filling the void, just took a couple of bad shots.
They seemed really out of sync early and it was only due to LeBron taking over that got them back into the game.
Also had to agree with the commentator's today stating that they need to have at least 2 of the big 3 on the court especially when they are trailing, bad coaching in my opinion.
Will be interesting to watch them develop over the next couple of months.

Reply #294000 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Celts just taking care of business.

Reply #294020 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

I reckon the Heat will get exploited at the PG spot alot. Rondo had a field day today with 17 assists; he was able to operate with no real on-ball pressure.

Another concern could be the Heat's inability to contain Ray coming off those screens..Wade nor LBJ want that role and when Ray had Jones or House on him he got open jumper after open jumper.

Early days yet though and the Heat will gel together; i noticed Lebron didnt want to be too selfish and for a few of those shots he was indecisive and in two minds.

Reply #294033 | Report this post

chucker  
Years ago

As Nelson Muntz would say: "Ha Ha"

Reply #294051 | Report this post

Oden08  
Years ago

First real game and they play the Celtics at Boston and come back from 19 down to within 3 and you guys are doubting them?!

It is only October. I'd be worried if I were Boston and Orlando.

Reply #294053 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

yeah that was only the first game, these guys will build chemistry over the next games and as Wade gets healthier they will become even more dangerous. Nice job to come back and lets not forget that the Celtics aren't bums either.

Reply #294060 | Report this post

Juror 12  
Years ago

Yep, Miami in the East for me. Although I definitley agree about the Wade and LeBron chemistry concerns (standing aorund watching) but they have 82 games to work it out. I think they should just get rid of the traditional "point guard" role and let LeBron/Wade share duties for the full 48 mins. They be better with guys like Jones, House and Miller (when fit) just spotting up rather than wasting time with Arroyo.

Reply #294067 | Report this post

The Brad  
Years ago

Well that was when they made their run was when LBJ was basically point forward.. (reminiscent of Pippen)

Reply #294070 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

First real game and they play the Celtics at Boston and come back from 19 down to within 3 and you guys are doubting them?!
Mostly just delighting in any failures I am sorry to say! United against a common enemy.

Oden, I am sure they'll be better with time, but whenever I see something like your comment, I always think it's just a matter of timing. Had their slump and run been reversed, that comment would be "built a 16 point lead before losing it all and falling behind to lose the game." For every fightback, there's a dodgy hole to be dug in the first place.

Reply #294071 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

I Think Miami will do just fine this year and the next 5 with the big three under contract.

They looked a little lost at times yesterday, but as many have said James and Wade basically havnt played together yet, and Bosh has barely paid with Wade also, so they still arnt use to it,id say after around 30-50 games they will be far more in sync and they will be doing just fine between now an the first 50. Boston are a good team and have mostly played together a fair bit, so for miami to be close to them on Bostons home court is a great effort for their first outing together.

over the next 5 years baring injury they are going to be playing 400+playoffs games together, so sometime within that time they will be really scary i think.

I agree, especially when they get Mike Miller Back run Lebron at PG and have Wade and Miller on the wings. LeBron will get his chance to be 'Magic' and show his passing skills whilst penetrating and scoring on probably many smaller opponents (the opposition PG) when needed. Id expect if this worked Lebrons scoring would drop a bit say to 15-20 and his assists would be around 10 (possibly come close to averaging a tripple double), and Wades scoring would stay in the 25-30 range.

Good luck Miami i look forward to seing how this team turns out!

Reply #294095 | Report this post

Juror 12  
Years ago

Isaac I see your point but most teams who dig themselves that sort of "dodgy hole" against Boston in Boston just end up digging it deeper as opposed to turning it around and coming within a few points of a win.

Reply #294114 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:55 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754