BB
Years ago

Burston not playing against Breakers

OUCH!!!!!!

Topic #24162 | Report this topic

SRT070  
Years ago

who tapped him on the shoulder and broke him??

i dont think the tipping for this game could be any easier.

this game will be all about breakers getting stats up

Reply #294127 | Report this post

lakerized  
Years ago

God Melbourne are woeful, cant wait to see them get pumped!

Reply #294134 | Report this post

clarky  
Years ago

I actually think the Tigers will come out firing this game.
That's not to say I think they will win, just that I don't think this will be as easy for New Zealand as people think.

Tigers paying $6.60 to win and $19 for a win by 11+ at Centrebet.

Still tipping Breakers by 7+ but Tigers should be able to keep it close until the 3rd quarter.

Reply #294136 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tigers playing much better - Campbell and Devendorf shooting well from the perimeter. Breakers up by 5 at the half.

Reply #294141 | Report this post

Rob  
Years ago

with burston out the tigers are actually playing much better because they can rotate helliwell and nevill through the 5 spot and allow tragardh to play the 4 spot instead of these 3 rotating between 3/4/5.

breakers will still win though!

Reply #294142 | Report this post

Jacob  
Years ago

That is a great point as soon as I heard burston was out I put money on them to win . Gives there bigs a chance to get into Game more ,look so much better with one less big

Reply #294144 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tigers up by 4 heading into the final quarter - for the first time this season, they're showing something and have put a few nice plays together.

Reply #294145 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

bit surprised with this. Just saw the 3rd. Is it me or do breakers look scared to drive it in? Everytime they pass it around like pass the parcel and noone wants to go in.

Reply #294146 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wasn't this game supposed to be about. The breakers getting stats up srt?

Reply #294147 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Breakers still won it by 5.

Tigers will win games this season even though they are playing woefully.

Melbourne still outrebounded and gave up more turnovers. Still have some work to do.

Reply #294148 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They won but the Tigers definitely challenged them and were in a position to win it. I'd be surprised if many teams win over in nz so it was a good effort from the tigers particularly after their first 2 games.

Reply #294150 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

good to see the experts get it wrong

Still tipping Breakers by 7+ but Tigers should be able to keep it close until the 3rd quarter.
God Melbourne are woeful, cant wait to see them get pumped!
I put money on them to win . Gives there bigs a chance to get into Game more ,look so much better with one less big

Reply #294158 | Report this post

Coopz  
Years ago

There goes any chance i had of winning my already tough Dream Team matchup this week...

Had i known before tipoff, i at least could've switch Nevill into his starting spot.

Reply #294160 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

Pretty useful dunk by Gary Wilkinson
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_YwHnU2W5Q

Reply #294166 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Burston injured? Now there's a surprise.

Reply #294168 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

First two rounds, TJ Campbell can't break double figures. I trade him. 52pts.

-___-

Look for Ron Dorsey to put up a triple double now...

Reply #294169 | Report this post

Bill  
Years ago

Sloppy effort from Breakers.
CJ, Pledger and Boucher were the only players to play with any confidence and authority.
Disappointed with Braswell, reluctant to shoot and careless with ball and Wilkinson who's supposed to be a shooter and should have had a field day against Nevill from outside. Had two opportunities down stretch to put it up and didn't.
Perth dismantled Tigers. Breakers were not able to dominate in same way. Hell if that was top v bottom there is going to be a heap of upsets ahead during the season.

Reply #294171 | Report this post

Bill  
Years ago

Better give Corey Webster his dues. He has played very well this season(and again last night), confident and aggressive offensively.
But apart from Dillon shaking loose there is a total absence of inside action from Breakers. Wilkinson seems to play the outside half of Ronaldson's game.
Mika is so undersized but at least tries to get to the rim.
We are more mobile though than past teams, and this proved decisive in grabbing offensive boards.

Reply #294172 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

I think getting on top of these scrappy close games will pay off for the Breakers further down the season when Teams chemistry will be strong throughout the competition. Melbourne's Imports showed that they can shoot but I think the Tigers turnover count by the end of the season is going to be some kind of record if they don't sort something out quickly.

Reply #294173 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Bill, if you're talking about when Wilkinson turned down the outside shot to fake and then drive inside, in the previous time out, Lemanis said "no threes". And that might go for no long twos either.

Reply #294174 | Report this post

Bill  
Years ago

Thanks Isaac. Didn't hear that.
I like his mobility for a bigger guy but would still like to see him contribute a bit more offensively. That means playing to his strengths.
With Penney due back, Wilkinson may not have to shoulder too much offensively.

Reply #294175 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I think the Breakers need to work hard at getting Vukona driving opportunities from the high post or top of the key. He was near unstoppable at the worlds from that situation.

Reply #294178 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

Anon, it would have been about Breakers getting stats up if they all werent afraid to attack the ring. And as i said in my previous post i was surprised when i turned it on and watched the 3rd.

Reply #294180 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

The refs weren't calling that much contact stuff inside for stretches and with the Tigers size inside i'm not surprised that they were having second thoughts

Reply #294184 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

Yeh completely agree Mystro, its just really weird to see. they are open and the breakers kept passing it off in a way that spoke to me as "im not going in there, you go in there!"

Reply #294185 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

yeah I was pulling my hair SRT070 when a Breakers player would drive to the hole and then look up and think F#*K and throw some weak bailout pass when it looked like he was clear, to be fair though when they did put them up a few did get blocked.
Pledger was awesome off the bench at both ends, couple of big blocks and shot the ball fairly well. He was on the end of some fairly average passes at times but made the best of his opportunities when they popped up.

Reply #294191 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

Yeh for sure, i know i wouldnt like to be blocked by those guys, no one likes to get stung twice. it was lucky CJ was feeling it after a couple of offensive boards. otherwise i have a feeling that game may have ended differently.

Reply #294197 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

great how it hasn't been the same guy having to carry the team each week, this week CJ stepped up, last week Braswell. Really looking forward to the Blaze game and seeing Penney back in a Breakers uniform, hopefully 4-0 ;)

Reply #294276 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:22 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754