paul
Years ago

Is the Shuffle dead?

Do the Tigers need to get rid of the Shuffle offence, make some adjustments, use it only occasionally or just wait for their new players to get familiar with it?

Here are my thoughts:

http://www.nbl.com.au/news/article/2010/october/time-to-park-an-old-friend-in-the-gararge/

Topic #24163 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think you need the team to run it...all bigs is not what it is about...you know that tho with yr article..small efficient ball handlers with great cutters and passers. Modifying it for the Tigers would be something to look at...

Or use it when they right team is on the court..

Reply #294187 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bradtke was big. So was Nigel Purchase. So was Anstey.

A big 4 can play in the shuffle - they are great playing the feeder spot, then relocating and running a second third or a "thirty one"

Devendorf is basically just out of college and wouldn't be used to it, neither would the other import.

It's not dead at all. Ask Guy Molloy. The current Tigers may not have the personnel to run it, but it's been pretty successful at junior level in Victoria, even on the world stage (the 17s ran it and finished seventh). The shuffle isn't dead.

Reply #294202 | Report this post

Ushiro  
Years ago

Any offense is only as good as the people using it and the Coach teaching it.

Reply #294205 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Nice article Paul. Completely agree with you. It was interesting reading some of the history of the shuffle too, which I didn't know before. I would love to see a lot more of these types of articles, showing a deeper understanding of the game, on the NBL site.

Reply #294207 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

^What Beantown said. Nice article Paulo.

Reply #294214 | Report this post

aussieboomers4eva  
Years ago

LOL at the vintage car metaphor. You really drove it into the ground!

Reply #294215 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:41 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754