dzung22
Years ago

Do Eastbay orders attract customs duty?

Can any one tell me if I have to pay for Custome duty (tax) when I receive the package from Eastbay ?

Topic #24169 | Report this topic

Phantom  
Years ago

No!!!

Reply #294218 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

DJ Rod said he had to pay tax on an order over $1000, stay under that and you're fine I think.

Reply #294221 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

ok, the law says you cannot bring in personal goods for yourself that exceed $900.00 in value. What can be interpreted by the customs department is the value of that here or overseas.

I understand they can technically apply the price of the good here, so a $65.00 pair of shoes on eastbay might be valued here at $110.00 (normal rrp less tax as a measure).

Be smart, buy $400 - $500 worth of gear at a time, even up to $700 or $800 - its unlikely they will look at apply anything.

Disclaimer: this is not legal advice and I do not work for customs!

Reply #294222 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

I had to pay once about 5-6 years ago but have ordered about 5 times since & have had no worries. Just got an order of 3 pairs of shoes, 2 t's, pants & socks & had no duty.

Reply #294239 | Report this post

Are the products on Eastbay genuine?

Reply #294241 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Those taxes usually apply when the goods are over $1000.
If you're under, then usually no problems.

Reply #294249 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

our order just arrived with two pairs of shoes and there was no tax and yes the shoes are genuine....

Reply #294251 | Report this post

K47  
Years ago

I've had several orders (in the $300 range) in the last few months arrive with no issues.

Haven't had to wait more than 5 days for a shipment either.

Reply #294260 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Eastbay is great, just keep the orders under a grand, I usually order on a Friday morning and recieve the following Tuesday morning, just got some hyperfuse for US$100 plus $35 delivery, pity I missed their 25% off deal by a week.

Reply #294269 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Anon, and anyone else, this code is for 20% and I've been told it never expires: PKEBTN97

If it does, just google "eastbay discount codes", there are always a few running.

Reply #294275 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

on the topic,
has anyone bought from this site before?

http://shop.ccs.com

linky was down sorry.

similarly site structure to eastbay and the prices whilst really good are not ridiculous.

is it legit?

Reply #294282 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I work with customs and if the order is under AUD 1000 there will be no customs duty.

Reply #294286 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

yep i got stung abt $250 in taxes etc for an order of $1066

Reply #294293 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:01 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754