SRT070
Years ago

One HD scheduling priorities

this isnt me bagging one hd. I appreciate the coverage they have been giving and think its the best thing to happen to the league in a long time. I remember initially when One HD said that saturdays were bad for them due to other commitments. But tonight for example townsville are playing which could be played live but they are instead playing an NBA classic game which obviously in its name is not live. That couldnt possibly be part of their other commitments could it? I know later on next year there may be some over lap with footy but seeing as nothing else is on wouldnt it be good to utilise the air time? I could be completely off the mark and feel free to correct me.

Topic #24173 | Report this topic

Big Marty  
Years ago

I agree with you. I like seeing the classic games, but honestly; I'd rather watch a live NBL game.

The "Classic" is last years game 3 LA v BOS game. Not exactly "classic" IMO.

Reply #294314 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

They have to pick and choose, its not like they can afford to pick up production from adelaide move to townsville and then back down. Just like other sports not all games are covered. Sure i would like to see it as well but you just cant do everything.

These games would have been scheduled in advance so teams know as well so they can do stuff if they like around the TV schedule. I think everyone need to just cool it and be grateful that we have anything on TV, its the first year as well.

Reply #294315 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Dont complain about 60+ regular season games please. I am sure many of us would love every game covered - and in year five of the deal five games per week will be - but it is Fridays, Sundays and Breakers home games for now. That's the deal, and it's a pretty good one.

Reply #294317 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Just adding to that, in Melbourne, the home of Aussie Rules you can only see 88 AFL home and away season games on FTA and very few of them live, so for the NBL to have over 60 mostly live games is fantastic, especially when you consider the low point the sport is coming from.

Reply #294318 | Report this post

Skudded  
Years ago

I think if the NBL coverage works well for ONE we can expect to see more games in future seasons. I the ONE has a good commitment for the first year of their contract. If we all tune in to watch then it will become their worth while to broadcast as many as they can!!

Reply #294319 | Report this post

Handsome Lee  
Years ago

I'm just thankful the nbl is back on free to air.

Reply #294322 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Yep would LOVE Saturday night games but we must walk b4 we run!

Reply #294323 | Report this post

lakerized  
Years ago

Agree with Paul on this.

Reply #294325 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

as i said in my post which some people appear to have ignored i am not bagging one hd i too am happy as larry its back on fta and they are doing a fantastic job! I was just wondering as to why on nights like tonight why they couldnt play the occasional live game. And tonights game would be a good one to.

However playing the classic game would be cheaper. Cant wait till the final year of contract getting all 5. Keep going one hd!

Reply #294328 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

It was the crocs by 1 over the Kings. Would have been great to watch live!!

Reply #294347 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:02 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754