BDH
Years ago

Ideas on getting the 'Blue Wave' happening

At the game tonight and the crowd seemed a little dull in my opinion.
Wanted to throw a couple of idea's around..
Anyone who wears something blue gets a little gift each home game.. Was thinking along the lines of clappers, stickers, signed player cards, or even a bottle of drink, ice-cream or a chocolate bar for example.. Might just raise the profile of it for a few weeks and then hopefully people continue to get envolved..

On getting the crowd going, could we position two people at each end of the court and there sole job is to start the chants at critical times.. The majority of our crowd will get envolved as long as someone else starts it!

Just a few ideas as we have the potential to really rev up the dome!

Thoughts..?

Topic #24180 | Report this topic

XztatiK  
Years ago

Bring back Monique!

Reply #294436 | Report this post

BDH  
Years ago

I agree.. Unfortunate to hear that there were members of the crowd 'heckling' her last home game.. Not her fault the mic was not working correctly!

Reply #294439 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

That awkward moment when they don't realise you were joking.

Reply #294441 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Seriously though we were a bit harsh on her after that game but that's done and dusted.

I don't mind your ideas. I wore blue the first game but no one else did so I bailed haha. The first step to making the crowd louder is playing some good basketball! The only time that happened today was for a 3 minute period and the crowd was loud as hell. Then Larry D shut everyone up with a three.

Reply #294443 | Report this post

E  
Years ago

Everyone was a bit harsh on Monique! She was full of energy last home game, I thought she did a great job! Not her fault the mic gains were crap!

The crowd is LAME! being told to sit down when i get out of my seat to applaud is just so shit!

Wear Blue and make some noise for F#%K sake!

I have been a member for a number of years and this is the WORST crowd participation I have ever seen!

Reply #294457 | Report this post

Anony  
Years ago

i think that until we can get back to true bsketball supportetrs reengaging with sixers we going to continue to get the walksin who go for entertainment and then dont come back -
basketbal is losing its direction as focus on penny pinching - latest i heard is ex sixers dont get invites to games - is that correct any tradition left.
blue wave cheer clap applaud let the game bring the excitement sick of this artifical gee the crowd up -

Reply #294464 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

BDH seriously it wasn't the mic.

Just her not having any experience or clear instructions on how to do her job.

Reply #294473 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

It's sad to see so many empty seats behind the backboards empty. Fill them up with cheap tickets or freebies and encourage those spectators to make lots of noise or give them balloons/streamers/clappers etc

Reply #294475 | Report this post

E  
Years ago

The mic was a HUGE problem. Trust Me

Reply #294476 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If the mike was a HUGE problem, then how come people could hear Allan fine as well as the Singer they had at half time.

Reply #294479 | Report this post

E  
Years ago

because they weren't using a radio mic genius! also their mics were running through a different channel on the mixer genius.

Reply #294480 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The singer at halftime was using a radio mike which he then handed back to Mon GENIUS!

Reply #294482 | Report this post

E  
Years ago

which was on a totally different channel running through a totally different foldback genius!

Reply #294483 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So when she took the mike back from him and started shrieking into to it about 10 seconds later the channel and foldback magically changed?

Reply #294486 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thank god they got rid of Monique - it was such a relief to not see her there tonight.

Reply #294487 | Report this post

E  
Years ago

are u the sound guy that is to blame? am i personally offending you?

I have heard both DB and Monique on other PA systems & Radio before and they have sounded fine.

Reply #294489 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No, Im not the sound guy. I'm just pointing out that we noticed her mike was given to the guy singing at halftime and remember thinking 'this is gonna sound terrible', but we could hear him perfectly fine. Then straight after the screaching began again.

On the other hand, it sounds like you are just trying to stick up for your mates.

Reply #294490 | Report this post

E  
Years ago

The fact that the court announcer and half time entertainment were using the same mic (according to you) shows that the sound was not done correctly.

The gains needed for a vocal performance and a roaming court announcer are totally different. Especially as The singer was a guy and the announcer a girl.

Clearly there was no sound check or the sound check was done incorrectly.

I dont know Monique at all but feel she was hung out to dry by LAZY or INCOMPETENT sound engineers. Or maybe lack of equipment/funds to do a proper job.

Reply #294495 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Sorry to keep harping on a dead issue guys. But, E, go back and look at the criticism of Monique. It wasn't just that she was squealing and generally inaudible. It was not just the sound system.

Reply #294501 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Red herring. Monique was game one. We're talking about home game number two and crowd participation, right?

I don't think the crowd would respond to people based at each end. If they don't want to fire up, they won't.

Reply #294517 | Report this post

Ando  
Years ago

Sorry to offend anyone here, but I don't go to chant or do "Waves". I go to see my team play which I have done for the last 15 or so years. The only way to get me exited is to play exiting ball. I (like a lot of other people I expect) will naturally get louder as the exitement builds. Not because of a screaming banshee or a particular song that is pumped up so loud I can't hear the bloke next to me doing his usual abuse to the umpire.

I did enjoy the mc yesterday as I still think he is the best at doing the job

Reply #294570 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wish you lived in Perth much?

Reply #294726 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:47 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754