Alister MacDonald (Sandringham)

Emergencies:
Stefan Ionescu (Dandenong)
Mitchell Riggs (Frankston)
Kristian Rocci (Werribee

Topic #24187 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

An embarassment that the coaches look after their own boys. Stefan Osborne dropped 50 at training on Reynolds. Also in the Aus u/19 squad and was dominant in SEABL D League this season.

Reply #294560 | Report this post

hero  
Years ago

its over victoria to domminate

Reply #294571 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Did Stefan Osborne try-out?

Reply #294572 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes he did, was one of the last cuts. Reynolds is coach by the head coach. A lot of different thoughts on which is the better league out of SEABL D-League and Big V Youth League. You can check Stefan Osborne out on youtube to show he is a real talent. He also led St Patricks College to runners up in the school state tournament.

Reply #294614 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VdZGR4oFAE
Shooting training
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJvuOJFqDNA&feature=related
Ball handling
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIbSqkStXuk&feature=related
Dunks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awsKixb_n68&feature=related
A video dedicated to him around Geelong
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLxruMSaoHo&feature=related
Clips from under 18 nationals

Reply #294615 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think you'll find Reynold coached by the ASSISTANT coach.

And quit your whining. Jesus. If he was good enough, he'd have made it. And if they win the Gold, there's nothing to complain about.

Reply #294630 | Report this post

Living  
Years ago

They'll win the gold, and it won't have anything to do with Reynolds, or Osborne.

To my knowledge, this is the 1st team Reynolds has made, so well done to him for working hard & sticking with it.

Reply #294636 | Report this post

DragonMan  
Years ago

Reynolds has really improved his game and showed this by tearing up BigV Youth League. Osborne deserves to be there and I would perosnally say perhaps instead of Sean Preston.

But well done to the guys, they should be able to get the win!

Reply #294826 | Report this post

Tiger Woodduck  
Years ago

What will SA Men look like?

Reply #294832 | Report this post

rhea33  
Years ago

Compared to the Vic line-up, extremely ordinary.

Reply #294878 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

wat a joke whoever is saying osbourne is better then reynolds has no idea . reynolds won all star guard first year of youth league and could compete and beat anyone you throw at him in nationals

Reply #294954 | Report this post

Time will tell  
Years ago

Sounds a lot like reading the thread leading up to this years U20's.

Yes Victoria won, but anyone who saw it knows they were lucky in the GF against the "ordinary" SA team.

The predicted SA side will have 3 players who have travelled with various Aust junior teams, so there is some ability there and the rest are not hacks.

As per usual, the other states also exist and will typically go close in what usually ends up a tough and close competition.

Side issue - Does anyone think that the 36ers will allow Mitch Creek to play?

Reply #294957 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Dandenong said NO to lizzy Cambage last year for Natinoals so I would say Creek would be a definate NO considering he is returning from surgery also

Reply #295077 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bulleen actually. And she was paid decent money and starting for them. Creek isn't even in Adelaide yet. Creek wouldn't have been named in the team if the sixers were going to stop him from playing.

Reply #295088 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Any news on womens team yet, when is final selection made?

Reply #295096 | Report this post

Womble  
Years ago

From what I've heard Vics U20's team is waiting for institute girls to come down on 15th Dec and then I presume final selections will be made. As if an institute girl wont get in unless she's injured. wouldnt look good for AIS if not selected...

Reply #295099 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Under 20 Vic. Women have it in the bag. These girls are walk up starts

Cole
Allen
Harrinton
Garrick
Sheedy
Blicavs
Lavey

Handy team and then great players (that would make every other state team) battling for other spots.

Result Big V wins easily!!

Reply #295109 | Report this post

Mimas 83  
Years ago

Same thing was siad about the girls last year and they lost be 20+.

Reply #295112 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Really? Go back and read the comments made about the Vic girls by Victorians. No one in Vic expected the horrible team coach Chizik picked to win it all, especially with Chizik coaching them.

Reply #295115 | Report this post

deimos12  
Years ago

Mimas - Nobody really expected the Vics to dominate the women's last year. It was not one of their strongest groups.

Reply #295118 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So still no news on womens squad/team when will it be announced or someone already know

Reply #295121 | Report this post

Mimas 83  
Years ago

I thought Victoria was good enought to have 2 teams that could win it? Even with Humphrey coaching?

Reply #295123 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mimas if you're going to make comments such as "Same thing was siad about the girls last year and they lost be 20+" you might want to actually have facts to back that up not just say it because Vic are normally good.

Like I said go back and read the threads about last year and see for yourself what was actually said. They weren't expected to win due to politics and biased selection of a parent who was coaching the team.

Reply #295130 | Report this post

Womble  
Years ago

U20 girls team not announced yet. As I said previously wont be until AIS girls come down mid Dec. Will need a big squad if 6 AIS girls will flit in and out. Really only 3 spots left. I wonder who would want to stay on as emergency?

Reply #295172 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What about SA women?

Reply #295180 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why does people representing state have to pay so much ?

Reply #295192 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

If you represent the state in Footy you pay $0 except your spending money.

Reply #295204 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

To pay for the coaches who eat and drink very well on state trips

Reply #295214 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Footy also gets $1billon in TV Rights a lot of which goes to grassroots footy and helps pay for State programs and local development.

You're comparing apples with diamonds.

Reply #295216 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Since we are comparing apples with diamonds In India any athlete who represents there school or higher does not pay anything.
So I suppose we are the apples.
Ps they have cricket that gets $1billon in TV Rights a lot of which goes to grassroots cricket and helps pay for State programs and local development.

Reply #295222 | Report this post

In India anyone who has no job has to beg in the streets and if you are ill and cant pay for medicine or hospital you will be left to die. I am really glad they look after their High School sports stars. Works for them because they are outstanding at ????????maybe Archery or something

Reply #295228 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

At least in India they give anybody a go at sport
It is not how much money you have

Reply #295272 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

How true!! Imagine how much better basketball in this state could be if everyone that wanted to (including the financially disadvantaged) were given the opportunity to participate.

Reply #295290 | Report this post

aeswaesad  
Years ago

its over ladies and gentlemen vics boys for the title

Reply #296775 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:50 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754