Isaac
Years ago

NBL Player of the Week, Round 3

Schenscher (26 and 10 in a win against the Kings) scores Round 3 Player of the Week.

Runners up were Ervin (21.5 pts and 8.5 ast for a 1-1 road trip) and Forman (20.5 and 8 boards). And Worthington (20) and Bruton (25).

Then the electoral roll for every electorate in one convenient list:

Others who were in the running for Player of the Week included Adam Gibson (Gold Coast), Jesse Wagstaff (Perth), Shawn Redhage (Perth), Ayinde Ubaka (Cairns), TJ Campbell (Melbourne), Ian Crosswhite (Cairns), Daniel Dillon (Cairns), Russell Hinder (Townsville), Gabe Freeman (Townsville), Taj McCullough (Sydney), Julian Khazzouh (Sydney), Larry Davidson (Wollongong), Troy De Vries (Adelaide), Matt Knight (Perth) and Cameron Tovey (Perth).
That's 21 players getting a mention and I know a few people here find the Honourable Mentions list amusing in its length. 10-15 total (15 at a stretch) is probably fair. Dare I propose a game where instead of us disputing their POTW selection, we try to find the least eligible of those mentioned?

The first one I looked up was Daniel Dillon - he had 16 pts and five boards in a road loss. He made 6/6 FG to get it - efficient, but lucky? Wagstaff had 10 and 10, though did win at home. Knight's 10 and 9? Am I missing some games or have they gone especially crazy this week?

Topic #24203 | Report this topic

XztatiK  
Years ago

Would've laughed if Winder made it.

Knight and Tovey are borderline for the electoral roll.

Ervin had the best game of the week but his first performance cost him. Good call NBL.

Reply #294842 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:50 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754