Anonymous
Years ago

Sam Harris activated for Kings game

Sam will join the line up for saturdays clash against Sydney

36ers article here

Topic #24211 | Report this topic

SRT070  
Years ago

Oh no! is he ready to get in? i have a bad feeling this is a gamble that could turn bad. Has anyone seen him training recently? has there been improvements? last i heard he had a lot of work to do. can anyone confirm anything on this?

However if he has made huge improvements it will be great to see a big man in our line up.

Reply #294926 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Guy is a dud and it's going to get awkward for the coaching staff! Shows there actions admit though that the team is desperately small and this notion of copying perths system isnt working.

Reply #294928 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

SRT070 oh noo indeed. It's going to be ugly. Let's see how many mins he actually plays. If we hitting 3s and open shots prob won't see much of him.

Reply #294931 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

About a month ago - Clarke thought he needed about 9months more work on footwork,speed,body movement
before he'd play.
But working with a Biomechanical expert - Sam has found increases in speed bodymovement footwork
in a month.

Reply #294932 | Report this post

Ushiro  
Years ago

If it means that Johnson starts at centre, with Harris backing him up for some minutes, it will allow Ballinger to play in his, and all forumites, preferred PF spot. Isnt that what all forumites have been asking for over the past few weeks?

Whether or not it works is another matter.

Reply #294934 | Report this post

No Deal!!  
Years ago

Worth a shot, Daly wasn't seeing the court anyway. It's looking more and more likely that the starters will change with Johnson coming in, which I think is a positive.

Reply #294939 | Report this post

wall-e  
Years ago

I attended training and while his groundwork aint brilliant or anything that sets the court alight, he does have some good skills. I guess if Mark Nash can make the floor and get a regular gig with no talent, this guy has half a chance with some talent

Reply #294941 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

I imagine he'd sit on the end of the bench and get on if required for a few minutes or not at all.
But you know I could be wrong.

Reply #294943 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

At least he can use up 5 fouls on K Man, and Dowdell and Johnson can rest then.

Reply #294944 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Wow, a Mark Nash dis, that's a blast from the past.

Reply #294946 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

SRT, it's not panic stations. I'd say they just think Harris might be better insurance in this one than Daly. Might be that he sees no time at all.

Reply #294948 | Report this post

ITK  
Years ago

If we are exposed anywhere it is the bigs, DJ is prone to fould trouble as is Balls.
We have options in the guard spots if Winder gets into foul trouble, and it is very unlikely TD will see court time.
I see this as a move to push DJ's time up and have Sam as backup,maybe a comfort decision for the coaches, cant see him getting any court time but has to be a better use of development spots for "now"

Reply #294952 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

yeh good point. it just struck me as odd, when they were saying he wasnt going to be in the line up until next year and now he is in. will be nice for us to see him though and if he gets minutes we will be able to see if he has some potential

Reply #294956 | Report this post

lakerized  
Years ago

Wall-e 5 3's in a half....enough said, could play, back injuries didnt help, but at worst could guard point guards and caused defensive disruptions. Harris will offer zero efficiency unfortunately. Atleast get the experiement over and done with now and not at end of season...

Reply #294960 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the only way Sam will see minutes is if we have an injury/bad foul trouble etc. Watching him at training would indicate to me that he isnt up to standard. Would prob get done by half the centres in ABA. Although has potential.

Reply #294961 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Probably better having him sit on the bench than a guard.

Has he definitely signed with the Norf Wockets?

Reply #294970 | Report this post

wall-e  
Years ago

@lakerised, 5 3's dont count for much when you get axed by the club. Nash found himself causing the disruptions everytime he moved on court, but....thats not the topic I guess. I say, give Sam perhaps a few games trial. If it doesnt work, then so be it. I'd prefer a club that tries new things rather than a team that doesnt try anything new and holds its position near the bottom of the ladder. Comprehendre?

Reply #294973 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Nine news ran the story.
Looks pretty good to me in the middle of a zone , blocking Devries and the like.
A lot more agile, now on offense and the like.

Reply #294990 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

i would like Sam to actually play for atleast 5-10 mins, he is unique with his size and if he has some half decent skill, or atleast able to do basics of boxing out and rebounding, stand strong on defence and challenge shots or atleast get in the way with his size and drop the ball in the hoop from close in the basket on offense, his size will give us a unique advantage against allmost all teams, and also means Ballinger can spend more time at PF!

Harris could be very valuable, doesnt need to be a star if he got 2 points 3 rebounds and got in the way of and changed a few shots and clogged the lane on defense in say 5-10 mins id say most people would be reasonably happy.

Hopefully this also means Johnson is going to start and play 20+ mins.

Good luck to Sam Harris, and its nice to see the 36ers try something new and hopefully this experiment pays off. I cant see how it can be too bad, at worst he plays 5 mins isnt upto it and just sits out the rest of the game which is what Daly as our 10th man was doing anyway, so nothing to lose everything to gain IMO.

Reply #294998 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Well we saw what Khazzouh did to a similar type of defender in Luke Nevill :S

The facebook page seemed to infer he was actually going to take the court. Not sure about this...

Reply #295003 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Khazzouh didnt do so well against Pledger.

As for the Harris would get down by half the centres in the ABA, he was very good in the SEABL a couple of years back with averages in the range of 20-10 and 5 blocks.

Reply #295005 | Report this post

Skudded  
Years ago

Lob the ball in..jump, dunk! Surely when your that bloody tall its not that hard!! He doesnt need to dribble, wait he doesnt need to jump either, just catch and dunk hehee

Marty wasnt incharge of the AIS team for no reason, if he puts Harris on the court he clearly thinks hes ready, lets hope hes right huh!

Reply #295011 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

With the media release and TV news going to the dome today to interview Harris, Clarke , it's an interesting story and I imagine some will go out to have a look at this. Biomechanics and the like.
Clarke - "He won't play 30 minutes, but he will be there to be used, dependant on how the game runs."

Reply #295012 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

great moves by the 6ers i really think this guy could make a difference and be an advantge play 8 - 12 mins would be good if he shows something immediately... trying somthing new- i hope it pays off for you marty!

Reply #295016 | Report this post

BettyLeadfoot  
Years ago

Damn wish I could be at the game. Should be interesting to see how he goes. Plenty of upside with his youth. Good learning experience even if he does get schooled. To our benifit in the long run.

Hope I can get it on one at Loxton Hotel.

Reply #295018 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The two One HD games this weekend are Perth at Townsille on Friday night and Wollongong at Melbourne on Sunday afternoon.

Reply #295020 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

The thing is Daly will still be on the bench for the game so doesn't really matter for this game

Reply #295026 | Report this post

HappyJ  
Years ago

you guys surely cant keep goin on about how this is a bad move for the club on this post....its not his fault! why not just promote it until we have some proof! good luck sam, you clearly have proved yourself to the club and i wish you all the best!

Reply #295089 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:16 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754