BB
Years ago

Sixers V Breakers

An upset would be nice, can they do it?

Topic #24243 | Report this topic

FM  
Years ago

A packed dome will help. Get in blue and get to the game.

Reply #295364 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Of the nine teams - I love Adelaide and Troy DeVries is my latest hero.
Training here is like war.
Pain sure brings out the best in people, doesn't it ?
New Zealand are gonna get killed.

Reply #295366 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

first game with Penney back in the team?

Reply #295368 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

2nd.

Reply #295369 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

6ers will be lucky to get within 10, lets be realistic here people! But hey sure an upset would be great, but so would be winning the lotto!

Reply #295371 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

heart says sixers by 20 brain says sixers by 10. Heres to hoping. I think if we called it the power house instead of the dome that would return the intimidation to visiting teams.

Reply #295373 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

is it this week or next week when creek joins the leetness of the sixers? Or is it another date all together

Reply #295374 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Creek will miss the first 6 games - our club said on signing him.
So, round 5 - Sixers by 5 , Crowd 5000 - DeVries to top score.
I have to admit - I'm frightened of Bruton.
Aw, that was round 1 against Perth sixers by 5.
We can't help it - if we're lucky.
I'm scared of Bruton.

Reply #295377 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

CJ was horrible last week! I'm worried about the whole team!

Reply #295379 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It will be a 'victory' of sorts if we get within 15 points.

Reply #295393 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Sixers will be tough at home. Breakers depth will hopefully get them over the line, NZ +7

Reply #295396 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

Breakers blitzing league before MVP Penney retuned and with so many scorers and even there import got in the act last week .
If Cooper can split our defence easily as he did imagine what CJ can do and Penney can kill you under pressure imagine what he can do with open shots like Ryan got in last game
I think any loss under 12 will be a good effort at this stage .
This is a game where Winder going to get caught out or his real opportunity to show how good can be.

Reply #295408 | Report this post

Big_Marty  
Years ago

Keep in mind the assumption was that Perth would win by 10-15pts in the opening round and they lost.

It's all going to depend on whether the defensive pressure will be there. It's been very good so far, it's just not being maintained for 4 quarters.

If the Sixers can keep up the high-tempo defence, then the Sixers can win this one.

Reply #295413 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Penney's not playing this weekend - he's going to Italy for his brother's wedding.

Reply #295423 | Report this post

Kevin .S.  
Years ago

6ers dont really have the strength anymore... Losing Herbert didnt help, but there is know tough player apart from holmes and Ballinger? Craig Winder goes good but some strength in and under the basket would go along way!

Reply #295431 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Dowdell is that player now IMO.

Reply #295442 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

Sorry Kevin S would not call Ballinger a tough player especially on D but feel Jacob and Carter are along with as Isaac said Dowdell adding a little .
DeVries has moments as well that I have noticed.
No Penney is really going to help us on friday.
But neede him to play 2 games for dream team points

Reply #295460 | Report this post

dave  
Years ago

Dont think this week is winnable. Having said that, last year we led NZ by 18 at 3/4 time and lost by 7 or 8 I think? Great first 3 quarters and then shocking last quarter killed us...but new season so..?

Im hopeful, but not holding my breath

NZ by 9

Reply #295474 | Report this post

shano  
Years ago

I fear a spanking but no penney will help, i dont think we can contain cj though it seems he had a schocker, however champs like him dont often have 2 bads in a row. Go Sixers!

Reply #295525 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

" We're red hot ! Who's next ? " Clarke didn't say after the Kings game, borrowed from Ken Cole - in an interesting write up by Boti Nagy re round 4 , 'Overtime' and the like.

Being on tour is like being in limbo. It's like going from nowhere to nowhere, and the crowds are different.

Reply #295528 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Agree Shano, can't see CJ not shooting the lights out this week

Reply #295692 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Maybe it's the beer I had at lunch.

Maybe it's the prospect of more courtside beers tonight.

Either way, I believe, damn it.

Sixers go 3-2.

Reply #295814 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

Just 2 weeks ago the Sixers failed against Hawks at home and the Hawks were on the second leg of the doomsday double!

Breakers will be fresh and ready to go and it would take the Sixer's best effort over the whole 4 quarters to get within 10.

Breakers by 15.....crowd 5500...CJ with 25 and Balls with 20

Reply #295819 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:52 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754