Isaac
Years ago

Penney to miss 36ers, Cats games

The Penney circus continues.

From Stuff.co.nz:

Kirk Penney's soap opera of a basketball season has taken another twist, with the Breakers star pulling out of the "Doomsday Double" in Australia this weekend to stand up at his brother's wedding in Italy.

Penney has been released with the blessing of both his Breakers team-mates and management to head to Italy where he will be best man for his brother, meaning the club heads off for the toughest road trip in the league without its best, and highest-paid, player.
Penney's brother, Rodd, is a professional rugby player with Parma in Italy and sprung the surprise wedding on his family just a few weeks ago.

"My brother got engaged not so long ago, and he's having a very quick wedding," Penney told Stuff.co.nz. "The whole family has had to scramble a little bit to get to Italy in time for it."

Topic #24249 | Report this topic

SRT070  
Years ago

yeh id be scared of the sixers too!

Reply #295433 | Report this post

curious  
Years ago

woo hoo!! yes!!!

Reply #295440 | Report this post

dave  
Years ago

advantage adelaide.......maybe!

Reply #295473 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

considering he is not the sole focus of NZ's offense anymore and they are still undefeated with him having only played 1 game this season, no big deal. If NZ need to rely on him to get wins, they are not championship calibre

Reply #295479 | Report this post

Tru Blue Emcee  
Years ago

Ah crap I just put him in my fantasy team

Reply #295483 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Yeah you better run!

Great news for the Sixers and my boy Abercrombie.

Reply #295493 | Report this post

Real Fan  
Years ago

Advantage Adelaide will be 6000 loud Adelaide supporters

Reply #295499 | Report this post

hanging round  
Years ago

Can't he take some of his team-mates as witnesses, alter boys, photographers etc??

Reply #295502 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide will need to keep the ball out of guys like Brad Hills hands if they are going to have a chance...Cant afford those TO's, and realistically the 6ers will have to be near perfect to be a fighting chance over 4 quarters.

Reply #295523 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide will need to keep the ball out of guys like Brad Hills hands if they are going to have a chance...Cant afford those TO's, and realistically the 6ers will have to be near perfect to be a fighting chance over 4 quarters.

Reply #295524 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Anon, in four games, Brad Hill has had as many turnovers as you posted the same thing just now.

He's averaging 0.5 TPG which isn't horrible for a 19 MPG starter.

Reply #295527 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Beat me to it Isaac, thanks for saving me having to check through the box scores.

Reply #295534 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Touch off topic but i think hill will only get better under Clarke, so i am happy for him to get minutes right now...

Reply #295568 | Report this post

Big_Marty  
Years ago

Hill needs to get better.

If Mitch Creek comes in and as he's been touted "goes off", then you'd have him start w/ Herbert off the bench...

Therefore Hill could (and I underline "could") be fighting for a team place for next season.

Reply #295580 | Report this post

Justin  
Years ago

Gonna be the biggest crowd so far this season according to facebook.

Reply #295586 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Creek is still a kid, dont expect too much straight away.

Reply #295590 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:02 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754