Double Clutch
Years ago

Season tickets next season

Just a question to keep time passing in a slow week. How many people actually feel after last season that they will renew their season tickets. Terrible crowds, bad atmosphere, high prices, lower budget for the playing roster, no marketing, terrible website, apathetic management.

I know no recruting has occured at this point in time, but quite clearly the club is behind in the recruiting process as it was last season.

I get the feeling unless certain people resign less than 2,000 season ticket holders could be around next season. I'm certainly not budgeting for tickets right now.

Topic #2425 | Report this topic

EC  
Years ago

I will still renew. Remember this time last season we had the same arguments about who was going to be signed up and how slowly the process was taking. We ended up getting Farley, Cooper and Reese and never dropped below 4th on the ladder. You can't base the current situation in whether we are getting a good team at this stage. That needs to wait to be seen.

Reply #27063 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

My parents have decided that they will not be renewing this year along with their 'game mates' that sit in the seats next to them. The #1 reason for them not renewing is that they can sit at home and watch the games on Fox. The second reason they mentioned was the price of both tickets and food at the game (food quality was also described as disgraceful)

Reply #27064 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

Why don't people just bring food to the games, the food is that full of Crap anyway you can't expect it to taste that great.

The atmosphere wasn't that bad either. I can only remember 1 or 2 games where i remember thinking that

Reply #27072 | Report this post

SML  
Years ago

Would never consider not buying tickets!

Reply #27085 | Report this post

pitstop  
Years ago

You either want to see your team play live at home or you don't. Watching week after week on TV is no where near as exciting as going to watch at the Dome with real people making noise and comments around you. Genuine 36er/basketball fans will not be apathetic and not go to home games, because they thrive on the closeness of the players and the theatre of the sport. The 36ers deserve more from their fans not less!

Reply #27086 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Pitstop - I think you would find my parents would take you to task on them not being genuine 36er/basketball fans. They have been to pretty much every game at the Powerhouse/Dome and used to be reugulars at Apollo as well. They simply cannot justify the expense and effort in going to the games live when they can see most of them on TV. This just highlights another reason as to why attendances are not where they used to be. While IMO it is not the major reason for the lack of support at games (prices, marketting, etc etc) it cannot be ignored as a factor.

Reply #27094 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Out of all the sixers home games last season, how many were on FOX?
I wouldn't want to miss more than half the sixers home games

Reply #27101 | Report this post

pitstop  
Years ago

I thought Fox was expensive. It's a matter of prioriries.

Reply #27105 | Report this post

bob  
Years ago

i dont know what ppl are going on about, if i had the money i would get season tickets but i dont but im going to eventually. And fox hardly shows any of the sixers games so u cant say that its betta to stay at home to watch them on fox, so ppl get out there and support the sixers cos otherwise they might fold.

Reply #27145 | Report this post

Mix Master Wipe  
Years ago

If i get a season ticket this year,i hope my seating position improves!
Try for a upgrade every year but just get shuffled around,not closer to the court.

Reply #27152 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Expect some announcements regarding season tickets very soon.

And dont bother posting or emailing me asking what they are, as I wont be spilling the beans until the official press release comes out.

I will have my report on last weeks meeting finished tomorrow, I apologise for the delay, had some personal issues to deal with over the weekend.

Reply #27185 | Report this post

Jasmine  
Years ago

Mix Master Wipe...have you tried writing a letter about the position you prefer when you renew your tickets? We wrote a letter saying we want to be in this stand, in this position, at the most this far from the court. Then we said if they couldn't accomadate us then we would stay put.

We were offered seats in exactly the spot we asked for, and now won't ever move. :-)

Reply #27253 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:50 am, Wed 17 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754