Awesome effort

Topic #24287 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah but he plays for Minnesota

Reply #296056 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon your point is? 31 and 31 is ridicules! nobody since 1982 which means it doesnt matter a shit who he plays for! so shit comment anon

Reply #296060 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Bloody good efort that! Doesn't matter what team you are on...that is huge in any language.

Reply #296068 | Report this post

Johnny_Sack  
Years ago

Just saw the game on ILP... On cloud nine!!!

Minny certainly looks the goods at times, and at others doesn't... Like most young teams... Funnily it feels like those Crows teams of the early-mid 90's.

Games like that make all the suffering and hair pulling of we Minny fans worthwhile...

I am definitely expecting a return to a lot of thrashings this season (young team, only recently assembled, PG is in flux) - but there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Hopefully within a couple of years clever comments like anons will be a thing of the past.

Reply #296072 | Report this post

Johnny_Sack  
Years ago

On another note...

Mike Beasley is thriving in Minny - we all know about his problems in Miami, and i was worried about how he'd do in Minnesota - but so far he has been a stupendous (pleasant doesn't cut it) surprise... He's projecting strong leadership and enthusiasm on the court (something that Minny has not had since you know who), chewing guys out when he needs to (ditto), and is a surprisingly good (and considered) interview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KkU_c2eX6s&feature=player_embedded

(Linky down)

It cost us 2 2nd rounders to get him??? Admittedly it's early - but if he keeps playing like this... MIP is a lock...

Thanks for "taking your talents to South Beach" LeBron...

Reply #296073 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Speaking of Minny. When do you guys reckon they will bring Rubio across?
I still can't get over how they drafted Rubio with the 5th pick, then Flynn (another good PG) with the 6th.

As long as Flynn is there, I can't see why he would want to come across and share minutes.

Reply #296074 | Report this post

Johnny_Sack  
Years ago

The plan was for him to come over next year (he has a cheaper buy-out then). But the lock-out looms and he may choose for the security of his Euro paycheck.

I am in two minds about Flynn (looking at S. Curry makes me get drafters remorse) - but with the defensive attention that Beas is getting it will open up lanes for Johnny to slash and burn all Rod Strickland like...

For me the Ridnour signing was a headscratcher - but it was more of a mentor type signing i think... Plus Flynn would be the perfect scoring point to bring in off the bench... He had his struggles on a poor team last year (but showed enough flashes) - has been injured most of pre-season, so will be behind the 8-ball again... Tough situation for him.

Reply #296075 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:11 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754