tyrell
Years ago

kings vs crocS

how the heck where the kings depleted- missing luke cooper?

and surely, they will not have 5000+ at future home games if the score is 59-64 at the end- PATHETIC

Topic #24291 | Report this topic

tyrell  
Years ago

sorry- i was referring to the article on the nbl site- http://www.nbl.com.au/news/article/2010/november/crocs-too-good-for-kings/

Reply #296044 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That was quite possible THE WORST GAME OF BASKETBALL I HAVE EVER SEEN.

Unbelieveably bad. Scoreline at the end flatters both teams.

What the hell are the Kings doing putting on a show like that? People are going to be staying away droves if that trash continues.

Reply #296046 | Report this post

tyrell  
Years ago

glad you agree anon!!! total crap!!!

Reply #296047 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Good start by Wagner. Horrible start by Kendall.

Reply #296048 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I was there as well.
The NBL has issues here. There is way too much filler on some of these rosters....

Graeme Dann is an ABA player at best.

Kendall has been sipping beers on his back porch since his last NBL game.

The new Kings player from WA isn't up to it. Blagoj Janev?

The imports for both the Crocs and Kings aren't import standard - they are laughable.

I know Adelaide fans have fond memories of Grizzard but he was bad tonight. Plain bad.

These guys play once a week in a competition that really isn't particularly demanding or professional.

If it's your full time jopb to play basketball as a professional, then you should be better than that.

Sydney, the end might be sooner than you think.

Reply #296050 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Sydney's prospects were always flattered a bit by that opening game against a woeful Melbourne.

Reply #296051 | Report this post

tyrell  
Years ago

anonymous- your comments are spot on the money!!! i did like janev, grizzard and ben knight when they were at the slingers- but tonight i think they showed why no one else would recruit them.

blalock led the game in scoring with 13?

Reply #296054 | Report this post

Slingers Gordie, Kings Robilliard. Might tell you something

Reply #296063 | Report this post

c'mon son  
Years ago

Anon, what fond memories do the people of Adelaide have of Grizzard? He is a nothing player that looks like he could do some damage yet never does anything. He is getting 8ppg on a bad kings team in which he should be showing leadership and having a go. I heard someone say that Taj looks like an overweight Mike chappell and I somewhat agree. The kings are a team that actually needs the imports to bring the crowd in and at this stage (BORING)!!!!!!!

Reply #296069 | Report this post

Annex  
Years ago

Agree with a lot of what's been said above - what made anyone think this Sydney team would be remotely competitive based on the roster they've assembled and a head coach who hasn't coached anything more than an under 14 team before?

I mean, outside of Khazzouh, Luke Martin and Luke Cooper, what players on the Sydney roster would step right into another team's lineup?

Graeme Dann is a headcase who can't shoot the ball to save his life. Blagoj Janev is a big guy with no heart who prefers to shoot from the outside (which he doesn't do very well anyway) rather than use his size in the paint, plus he couldn't defend a chair. Both imports are absolute and unequivical garbage. McCullough might be one of the worst imports ever to put on a Sydney uniform - and that's saying something - and Grizzard is a peaheart with talent who has been mailing it in most of his life. Damien Ryan can shoot but he's painfully slow and can't beat anyone off the dribble, Jared Scoines failed at West Sydney, Ben Madgen has been struggling and didn't even make last night's roster and Ben Knight is finished as an NBL player.

This is a pathetic roster done entirely on the cheap. They had 5500 last night - there will be less than 3000 the next game against New Zealand. Sydney fans will not put up with the kind of excrement that was served up last night - and the worry is that without a team to get excited about, poor crowds and no sponsors, the new ownership will pull the pin sooner rather than later.

Reply #296071 | Report this post

curtleyAmbrose  
Years ago

Thats the sadly ironic thing, the Kings are planning to survive this year first and foremost and because of that they are rubbish to watch and it may send em broke.

Reply #296076 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

They've only put together a budget team to try and build something stable. Hopefully fans recognise that and try to support them while they become established.

Reply #296077 | Report this post

tyrell  
Years ago

need a chris williams type back in the fold!! bring back chris williams and another dominant point guard- homicide could fit the bill!!!

Reply #296078 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kendall is next to useless right now. Shadow of his former self. I heard he got 7 steals though which is pretty awesome.

Reply #296079 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

if by 7 you mean 1, then yes, you are correct

Reply #296082 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

A lot of kiwis living in Sydney, it might appear more like a Breakers home game than kings.

Reply #296083 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

[blockquote]They've only put together a budget team to try and build something stable. Hopefully fans recognise that and try to support them while they become established.[/blockquote]

Why would fans support a team that has no chance of success? It's one thing to keep an eye on the financial side of things but fans know when you're taking the piss.

Reply #296087 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

[quote]They've only put together a budget team to try and build something stable. Hopefully fans recognise that and try to support them while they become established.[/quote]

Why would fans support a team that has no chance of success? It's one thing to keep an eye on the financial side of things but fans know when you're taking the piss.

Reply #296088 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bugger it.

Reply #296089 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Some fans support their team through thick and thin, including rebuilding years. Wollongong are a budget operation again and fans would've respected their efforts even if they hadn't had success the last year or so. Gruber has been a budget import for years. They got luckier with Ervin than the Kings did with McCullough, and have McLeod - so be it.

If you don't want to watch the Kings, no one's making you. I don't find them particularly interesting this year, but it seems like a decent number of fans have still got out there to appreciate whatever NBL basketball they can get in Sydney.

When the Kings spent up, they went under and the local fans had nothing to support.

Reply #296094 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

i think both teams had more turnovers than points at one stage :) - we won that's why i am smiling

Reply #296227 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:27 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754