taibu
Years ago

Rumour: Julius Hodge back in the NBL?

quote 'Julius Hodge: Just had a really good conversation with a notable "NBL" club..bout ready to make that move. I want a championship this season BADLY!!'

in it he also said it isnt the melbourne tigers, so one would assume he's off to sydney :(

Topic #24306 | Report this topic

XztatiK  
Years ago

Fantastic News! Cheers Taibu!

I haven't hated Sydney this much since the moments before seeing Wortho, Kendall and co. cry on the bench as Melbourne took their championship!

I immediately went to the schedule to find out when we're playing the bastard. 17th of December @ BMC!

Seriously though, and not just because he is a scumbag piece of rodent faeces. I can't understand how anyone would be dumb enough to sign such a cancer after his history. It must be purely about crowd numbers in Sydney because I can guarantee they will not be making the playoffs. Good luck getting that championship Judas, you only want it to restore your reputation anyway. You're not a winner.

Reply #296364 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

XztakiK, +1 to your comments!

Reply #296366 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

I struggle to believe that's an actual No-J quote; the spelling and grammar aren't nearly bad enough.

Reply #296367 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

I mentioned that he mentioned that he was available
(to Gold Coast Melbourne Sydney) - whether it will be an affecting scene here 17Dec or whether Sydney look at a half dozen imports , as well and call him back??

Reply #296369 | Report this post

KB3  
Years ago

Julius will never play in the Nbl again after being caught accepting under the table payments

Reply #296370 | Report this post

taibu  
Years ago

no worries XztatiK, but he hasnt yet said that he's going to sydney!
all he said (on his twitter) is that its a 'notable nbl club'

Reply #296372 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Aw - Adelaide ? LOL X
Winder ?

Reply #296373 | Report this post

wow  
Years ago

Done deal to Sydney, which apparently upset some of the board members as they didnt think he was a quality club person to build around. We will see what happens from here, but he leaves in 1 day to come out!!!

Reply #296374 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Aw my goodness - split the club already..
Was starting to think he wouldn't come..
after all his talk 'bout Syd Mel GC before..

Always enjoy Xs Judas comments..

Reply #296375 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

lol @ Camel and Loco.

Yeah I just didn't think it would be GC since they just signed two a week ago. I'll trust 'wow' on this one. Nice to see he's disrupting things already.

Reply #296379 | Report this post

shano  
Years ago

Ha just what the dr ordered for the NBL imo, need someone to hate!! When are sydney back here!!?? And will sixers make a move on winder, or will he pick his game up? Ive seen nothing that suggests hes a nbl quality player but ihavent got to many games.

Reply #296383 | Report this post

mr clutch  
Years ago

julius hodge is my fav

Reply #296392 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

We've got Hodge back .
50% love him and 50% hate him.
At BMC/Dome - let's hope that the roof stays on.

Reply #296402 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

This cat is an entertainer and loves riling people up. Good for the NBL, welcome back.

My question is, putting aside people's dislike of the guy for supposedly valid (though some invalid) reasons ..... why, four times straight (Adelaide twice, Melbourne once and now apparently Sydney), has he chosen to join teams mid-season? If you're seeking a championship and want to be in the league, wouldn't you sign, stay and build something? Hard to achieve anything when you only ever sign the equivalent of 10-day contracts?

Reply #296412 | Report this post

Annex  
Years ago

He's NOT coming back to Sydney. As usual, Paul Kennedy and Daniel Eade are spinning a bunch of crap. Amazes me why people listen to these two - they are as clueless as it gets.

Reply #296413 | Report this post

E  
Years ago

Looking forward to bringing out my......

JUDAS HODGE U SUCK! banner again!

During the "Blue Wave" we should all hurl our empty beer cups at him like they do to the POMS at the cricket :)

Bring on the BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO's

Reply #296417 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I was told it was Melbourne that he might be going to. Shamus wants him back but no one else at the club does. Will it be a case of what Shamus wants Shamus gets ???

Reply #296419 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Big move by Sydney if it's true.

Struggling to see how he fits into their much publicised culture statement
http://www.nbl.com.au/fileadmin/user_upload/teams/kings/e_52716_SYDNEY_KINGS_CULTURE_BROCHURE.pdf

Reply #296423 | Report this post

Big_Marty  
Years ago

Here's hoping the antics die down and he sticks to being a decent ball player instead.

Granted he will cop some heat again coming back to Adelaide, but if he can hold off being a douche in relatiation to it, I'm sure everyone will get over it in a few seasons.

...Provided he doesn't get the can again.

Reply #296424 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Taibu, probably a little premature to say he's back in the NBL just because he talked to a club.

If he is, I don't think it will be Sydney. Gold Coast have just got their imports. I don't know that Adelaide would get him. And I think he'd be a big mistake in Melbourne (at least their current guys can spread the floor by hitting from outside, and are improving).

Reply #296425 | Report this post

Annon  
Years ago

The reason hodge joins a team half way during the season is that he thinks that if the team is successful then it's because of him, his twitter comments referencing superman is enough evidence to support that

He thinks he is a lot better than what he actually is, the shame of it is that if he pulled his head in and starting playing smart then he could actually be worth watching.
It's just a shame that his great skill is wasted on an even greater ego

Reply #296428 | Report this post

Flinders80  
Years ago

We need julius back in league. There is no-one in the lague that is currently hated. Hatred of a players means the crowds get more involved.

Heal
Bradtke
Julius

Crowd in adelaide use to boooooo so loud for these guys. We need some vilans back in the la=eague

Reply #296430 | Report this post

Flinders80  
Years ago

league

Reply #296431 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

villains

Reply #296437 | Report this post

Flinders80  
Years ago

ha cheers Isaac

Reply #296438 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So has he signed or not? come on, someone must know something other than Daniel Eade (who make things up to stir the pot)

Reply #296441 | Report this post

A.W  
Years ago

would love to see him back in the NBL.
provided that he is not wearing a tigers jersey.

Reply #296446 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

From the Kings:

"A girl rang me representing him [Hodge] and we spoke to him, yes," Turner said. "He is an option but not the position we're looking for."
That's Turner-speak for "he's not the man for us," the club inundated with contact from players and agents since news of Grizzard's release hit the 'net.

Hodge, with an active and often misinterpreted twitter account, is believed to have fuelled speculation.

Word is the Kings coaches gave a very definite and strong "No" to interest in Hodge. They didn't want him at all.

Reply #296458 | Report this post

boss  
Years ago

perth?? they are the only team with an import spot left

Reply #296473 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Perth don't currently need a second import.

Reply #296478 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Good look DJ. Well they might have signed him if it wasn't for this page:

"Brand Personality:

WE ARE NOT

Soft
Lazy
Quitters
Arrogant
Complacent
Cold-hearted"

Reply #296481 | Report this post

taibu  
Years ago

yeh he pretty much just admitted he was only stiring shit up, my bad

Reply #296498 | Report this post

JCK  
Years ago

Well Sydney released Rod Grizzard
No link because Linky's down
http://www.nbl.com.au/kings-shortcut/news/article/2010/november/sydney-kings-release-rod-grizzard/

Reply #296502 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Melbourne have signed Homicide.

Reply #296504 | Report this post

Wayne  
Years ago

When? Linky?

Reply #296509 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Accoring to his twitter:

I told yall no more #NBL for me I have to do what is best for my career(not my tan:)..Much love tho! And #tigers pick it up baabby!! #Letsgo

Funny how I can tweet something and shake the entire #NBL surface smh:) I luv yall too..Remember? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbDos4P9A5o

@johnrillie @DanielEade lol!Dat was such a weak taunt since I replied w/ this.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbDos4P9A5o OWNED 36erfans!

Looks like he ain't coming.

Reply #296546 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jokes on all you guys that come one here and bag his butt, yet follow his tweets...he was a former NBL import, nothing to amazing to have on your basketball resume... probably time to move on and not give him the satisfaction.

Reply #296547 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jokes on all you guys that come one here and bag his butt, yet follow his tweets...he was a former NBL import, nothing to amazing to have on your basketball resume... probably time to move on and not give him the satisfaction.

Reply #296548 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

I think the joke is on Julius, he did talk to the kings and probably thought he was coming so did his first tweet and then the article come out yesterday with Bob Turner saying he is not what we need and suddenly he tweets saying he was joking. Maybe he is just trying to save face

Reply #296552 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Yes.
MEL - 'We've been offered Hodge' , also
Wanted to come - gotta make himself feel better.

Reply #296553 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Big Sexy, he's just stirring crap as usual. Surprises me that any fan still puts any stock in his comments. I like the bit about how he has to do something other than NBL for the sake of his career, like it was him turning down the Kings!

Hodge's representative contacted the Kings. Their GM ran it past the coaches so they were aware. The coaches effectively ran away screaming at the idea.

Reply #296559 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I think Hodge rumours will continue to surface for some time to come, and it will cause a stir each time they do. He is such a villain - can play the game but seems to naturally tick people off.

While he isnt the sort of guy you want on your team, it is hard not to want him in the league because he really does add a spark.

I think Julius will continue to seek jobs here too, this league seems to be a bit of an addiction to him because of the attention his antics draw.

Reply #296561 | Report this post

Go Tigers!!!!!  
Years ago

H E I S A D O U C H E

Reply #296571 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Those tweets confirmed my first post; his jumpshot and humilty are rivalled only by his grasp of the English language.

Now u ken go en tel DAT, homeboy.

Reply #296716 | Report this post

Wholius Hodge  
Years ago

"a girl rang" makes it sound like his mum rang up the Kings!

Reply #296729 | Report this post

Jock  
Years ago

Just watching breakers vs hawks on one hd, I haven't watched nbl for years and I dare say I'll continue that trend- it is pretty dull, everyone tries to shoot threes or turns the ball over! It seems like getting villain can only be good, otherwise this is just dull.

Reply #296747 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:18 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754