Nazr20and20
Years ago

Gifts for coaches?

Hi All,

We are having our junior club presentation soon and just wanted to know if anyone had some good ideas for coaches presents.

Last season we gave them whiteboards so can't do that again.

We are getting them all Polo Shirts this year but won't come for a while so need something small and token (but thoughtful) for presentation day.

Anyone seen some good presents for coaches?

Cheers

Topic #24311 | Report this topic

LC  
Years ago

How about a foto ball? Get a photo of the team and whack it on a ball! Click on the advertising link on this site!

I got one a year ago and it is great.

Reply #296443 | Report this post

curious  
Years ago

is this thread just an advert for fotoball.....eg: started by and then answered by someone at fotoball??? hhmmmmm

it actually is a great gift idea for coaches but was just curious!!

or is this still a fotoball person!! ha!

Reply #296451 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

I'm not from foto ball curious...but it could be a setup for sure.

Reply #296454 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think a bottle of Johnny Walker is perfect.

Reply #296456 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

a weekend off is always a great gift

Reply #296457 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How about a team photo imprinted onto a coffee cup or tee-shirt or drinking mug is a great one

Reply #296459 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what about happy parents coming up to you after games thanking you

Reply #296462 | Report this post

David  
Years ago

Get them John Wooden book. It is absolutely fantastic and is the best for creating a team enviroment, team play and team spirit. I am also sure it will create happy parents as well.

Reply #296463 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Book idea sounds good.

I doubt this is a Fotoball setup. Not his style. Question has come from Melbourne AFAICT whereas Fotoball is in Adelaide (unless he's moved) and LC is not.

Reply #296465 | Report this post

Daisyxoxo  
Years ago

I will say, my team got me a fotoball a couple of seasons ago & it has pride of place in my living room. Fantastic idea.

Reply #296505 | Report this post

Jc  
Years ago

Hi there. This is Justin from Fotoball.

Thanks for looking out for me Isaac, it definitely wasn't my original post but I'd be happy to help and thanks to LC and Daisy for the positive comments.

For those who know I offered Fotoball's at Sixer games last season and they proved popular. The reason for the no-show this season is the long drawn out process to now comply with NBL Licensing...which I am close to completing and hope to have things in place for league wide distribution in season 2011.

Thanks to everyone on Hoops SA for their support and for Isaac for the banner ad. This site is always a great read.

Reply #296523 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

THe best present I ever got for coaching was when one of the parents did a characture of me in the playing days - with embellishments such as large muscles. Its framed went "straight to the pool room".

Reply #296533 | Report this post

Flinders80  
Years ago

Jim, Jack and Johnny

Or a nice bottle of red.

Been a coach for some time and my cellar is now full from different wines I have been given.

Reply #296550 | Report this post

Shotclock  
Years ago

How about a duster for the WhiteBoard?It amuses me the number of coaches that scrub their scribbles with their hands.
My real suggestion is a framed photo taken by Millbank or Damrob of the coach in action?Not the vains bursting,eyes exploding,froth at the mouth shots but Quarter time and Time out huddles?

Reply #298146 | Report this post

bb  
Years ago

Voucher for dinner for two at a really nice restaurant/classy hotel. Opportunity to take their partner or friend of choice..after all it's a long season for both.

Reply #535169 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gold Class Movie Voucher to sit back relax and be served.

Reply #535182 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rebel sport voucher

Reply #704031 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:23 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754