Isaac
Years ago

Nature's Blend offers $2k WNBL dunk bounty

Looks like a cheap publicity stunt, but credit to these guys for giving it a shot.

Nature's Blend will reward a $2,000 PRIZE MONEY for the FIRST WNBL Player captured on film doing a SLAM DUNK during a WNBL game.

This has never been done before by a female player in Australia but with players like Bulleen Boomers' Liz Cambage this may soon be a reality.
THE CHALLENGE IS SET, IT'S ALL UP TO THE PLAYERS. The fans will be jumping out of their seat at every fast break. When the time comes for the FIRST SLAM DUNK the crowd's roar will be euphoric. The replays will be many so 'BRING YOUR GAME'.

Topic #24312 | Report this topic

phil  
Years ago

i thought they did this ages ago?? also thought that lauren jackson did it ( when she was young). maybe im wrong but im sure they did this before. maybe 8ish years ago or more?

Reply #296474 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jackson did it but not during a game from memory.

Reply #296476 | Report this post

Uwe Blab  
Years ago

Captured on Film is the Key - there is only one game on TV a week as far as I know.

Reply #296483 | Report this post

tom45tom45tom  
Years ago

Got a feeling Julius Hodge is planning to do a Juwanna Mann

Reply #296484 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Ch10 sports tonite ran the story with Cambage dunking
(tipped to go no1 into WNBA and as big as Jackson)
She said she'll do it , next game if we get to Bulleen we can see it.

Reply #296521 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I remember seeing footage of LJ throwing down some scrubber dunks in practice when she was younger and as mentioned that Cambage threw down (or guided down) a few in practice today on Sports Tonight.

Reply #296524 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Speaking from experience, game dunks are WAY harder than practice dunks. Ok, so I'm not technically speaking from experience, but I did dunk a tennis ball on a full size ring once so that's something. Anyway, I think their extremely generous $2k bounty is pretty safe, Cambidge seems no where near agile enough to dunk in a game. Of the handful of women's game dunks I've seen they all seem to be on the break, and unless she's cherry picking at half court there's no way she's leading the pack down the court. Supurb marketing from Nature's Blend though as it's highly unlikely they wont have to fork out a cent, and if they do it's hardly going to break the bank.

Reply #296584 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Anyone seen their bounty plugged anywhere else? At this stage, it's writing a press release up against meagre publicity for niche products on Hoops!

Reply #296588 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

This is a great idea. It would be great for someone else to get up there before Liz and take the 2K.

Would be good for the NBL to introduce something similar.. 5 threes in a row? 10 threes in a game? Gives that something extra where players forget about the team and go for the extra cash.

Reply #296592 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

FM, I said a while back that a company should offer a dunk bounty prize for the best dunk of the season to give players a bit more of an incentive to throw it down. You'd need to make it $10-20k before they started to think and talk about it IMO.

Reply #296595 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Theyll find a way to plug it on ABC you would think.

Reply #296596 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Haven't seen anymore about it . Today - if you want to see the AFL Draft , put your head out the door.
Seven (7) reporters from one MEL newspaper attended -
wouldn't want to miss a story, would they.

Reply #296640 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

Here's the Channel 10 story:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUm3-j6GF90
(Linky down. Is it ever not?)

Not bad for someone who is just learning how to dunk - looks awkward but she gets up there with ease. Up the prize money to $10k and she might put a bit more effort in ;)

As for her going #1, I'd be extremely surprised if anyone took her over UConn's Maya Moore, but there's no doubting her long term potential.

Reply #296685 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Dan, Linky is only down recently because it was overrun by spammers and the host is being very difficult (e.g., demanding 0% spam, which is impossible/impractical to achieve). Haven't had time to work out the best way to keep them happy.

If you're familiar with HTML, you can create a normal HTML link, or paste in YouTube's embed code (smallest size).

Reply #296687 | Report this post

JCK  
Years ago

Reply #296835 | Report this post

BEE HONEY  
Years ago

LIZZIE DUNKIN' CAMBAGE did it at the LONDON 2012 OLYMPICS. Her DUNK helped the Opals win against Russia.
Knew you could do it. You have a huge DUNK and a huge future. WAY TO GO LIZZIE!

Reply #374086 | Report this post

BEE HONEY  
Years ago

LIZ CAMBAGE MAKES HISTORY! First female to DUNK in an Olympic game and it was caught on video at the London 2012 Olympics against Russia. LIZ is changing the game of womens basketball. What a great ambassador for the sport. REACH FOR THE STARS AND GO FOR IT LIZZIE!

Reply #374087 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

CAPITALS!

WHY ARE WE YELLING... LOUD NOISES

Reply #374095 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:21 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754