skull
Years ago

Overtime one HD!!

the show just finished and was a little more interesting than usual......just!.

you would think being an nbl show that they would firstly cover all the games just played then secondly all the games coming up, the ladder,the surprises,the dunks etc etc etc.

i did not hear once anything about the team sitting surprisingly 3rd on the ladder....the under dog story....the story of survival.....the typical aussie story about the little guy having a win.....thats because those 3 clowns DON'T know that story!!!

Topic #24315 | Report this topic

Years ago

got HD and home theatre and the basketball has never been better - HD broadcasts the crowd in surround sound

Reply #296518 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Anyone notice at the top of the program that while displaying the weekend results they put up the 76ers logo instead of the 36ers logo?

Reply #296527 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Watched Overtime last night and while it is dry, and Henry and JVG lack strong public profiles, I guess I accept that it is more of a show for existing fans rather than the general public. And I had to appreciate that - I hate sports interviews and sports rhetoric and these guys did a solid job of actually bringing some insight to their discussions.

One example was JVG talking about how NBL recruiting is often strongly driven by coaches whereas in other sports (and especially the NBA), it's spearheaded by a managerial position (basketball manager, GM, etc).

They talked about how Perth's younger legs might favour them over New Zealand at the business end.

And, relevant to the 36ers imports thread going at the moment, Henry talked about teams rebuilding and looking to the future with young talent. He was very positive about the 36ers in this regard. Said that the Kings have a definite 3-5 year plan also (I imagine building a culture, and developing younger players like Cooper, Madgen, etc).

JVG was confident of a change coming to the Melbourne imports. Said that, short of a 45 point explosion, he thought Devendorf was toast.

Reply #296530 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Well, FWIW, where I sit the show is worth a look and given it took me away from Seinfeld re-runs that I thought I'd seen before but apparently haven't (thank you Panasonic HD recorder!) ..... it must be doing something right.

Need to declare my love for 7-mate publicly so it might as well be now. Knight Rider, A-Team, Seinfeld ..... good times, good times.

Reply #296531 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

So, JVG and Henry were much better, tonite.
They see more intensely and clearly , lending structure and shape , sharing with the audience, helping us to perceive and understand things we may have only fleetingly glimpsed -
Another import at Perth, Smith to SYD, Hodge & Williams to MEL.
Of the 36ers highlights - those who didn't see the game - will think those who wanna cut Winder
take a lotta pharmaceuticals.

Reply #296536 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Camel, I thought the same thing - going just by the highlights, Winder looked awesome: hitting shots, and making all the great assists. Even if he consistently did just that (10/5/5) and got the best out of his shooter team-mates, that's a decent role to play.

Reply #296541 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

The show will grow. It would be better to have a different coach each week and perhaps turn it into a 4-man panel and get a player in each week.

Would be interesting to have a Coach, Player, Commentator and League dignitary throwing opinions from all levels.

Heck, get the General in to do the show.

Reply #296542 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

I thought it was really good last night. Very interesting to get a coach v gm perspective. Can't have enough NBL content on tv, keep it up ONE.

Reply #296544 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

I skipped the show altogether last night and went to The Alma instead to watch Danny Green.

Reply #296549 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

I liked it and have to agree with Isaac

Reply #296636 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

"Anyone notice at the top of the program that while displaying the weekend results they put up the 76ers logo instead of the 36ers logo?"

I did lol.

Thought it was a better show yesterday for sure. Started to use the expertise of the panelists rather than just boring, generic comments on the games. Still some awkward moments :/

Reply #296646 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

They think a lot of Homicide
" A bowling ball with wheels " I think Goorjian said that
No 36ers - maybe talk to Nagy for a minute.

'could shoot lightning thru the sky in entertainment'

Reply #297372 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:34 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754