clarky
Years ago

Oden to have microfracture surgery

Portland Trailblazers centre Greg Oden will miss the remainder of the season, due to the need for microfracture surgery on his knee.
The news was announced in a press conference today by Portland Trailblazers staff.
I would provide links etc. but I'm posting this from my phone

Topic #24321 | Report this topic

MACDUB  
Years ago

People have labelled him a bust, similar to Kwame Brown.
But people should have more sympathy; he has had a terrible string of nasty injuries and he hasn't had ample opportunity to prove himself.

I bet the Blazers are wishing they took Durant now. Hope Oden has a great recovery and gets through this. Got to feel for the guy.

Reply #296617 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

This guy has absolutely no luck whatsoever...a wasted talent all due to injury.

Reply #296639 | Report this post

vanexel31  
Years ago

considering he looks well aged beyond his years Im not suprised by this.

Reply #296645 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

http://idhitit.org/gallery/general011.jpg

Reply #296651 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

I just won my fantasy matchup

Reply #296691 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

....Sam.....BOWIE!

Next time Kevin Durant and the Thunder travel to the Rose Garden, he should give the shrug after draining a 3.

Reply #296706 | Report this post

Juror 12  
Years ago

I know Olowokandi didn't have the same extent of injuries that Oden had but here's a comparison of their first two seasons:

Oden: 9.4 ppg, 7.4 rpg, 1.4 bpg
Olowokandi: 9.5 ppg 8.1 rpg, 1.6 bpg

Ouch!

I'm sure if Oden can get fit (and stay fit) he will be a much better player than the Kandiman was but at the moment it doesn't look good. I see Larry Miller has come out and said that they will be making the $8.8 million qualifying offer to Oden this summer. That's a lot to pay for those stats - but you could hardly see them giving up on him now (which would also be like admitting they got the pick wrong).

Reply #296720 | Report this post

Johnny_Sack  
Years ago

And now Brandon Roy has no cartilage in his knees - bad luck on that. But the rest of the L was suss on Oden and his knees coming out of college - so that was a self-imposed.

Reply #296794 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:08 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754