skull
Years ago

Tigers v Blaze

tigers got their fisrt win of the the year!!!!
up by 20 in the first half and won by 2 or 3.

gold coast look terrible....james harveys career is finished because the new 3 point line has spooked him???
the tigers at times look great......it's up to westover to turn this freak show into a basketball team.

Topic #24348 | Report this topic

Statman  
Years ago

James Harvey is fine, just his coach needs to realise he is a catch and shoot player and not a create your own shot off an on ball screen player.

He had one shot tonight after he ran off a double screen and he drilled it.

That being said the Blaze really copped a wake up call against a team who really arnt that good. If they want to compete come seasons end then they really have to lift, in ALL areas

Reply #296979 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

yeah right,so now it's kinda like all the planets have to line up before harvey can get hot.......i remember the last guy that happened to.......j.rillie.

Reply #296984 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Not at all, just have to have all the planets in the same solar system working together and not all going around their own sun!

Sure Harvs isnt the player he once was but if they set some screens for him and he busts his arse to use them and get open on the wings over and over it would be nice to reward him with a pass every now and then so he can get a 'decent' shot up and play to his strengths

Reply #296992 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Westover, seriously... 8 points, 10 rebounds, 2 blocks and my boy Nevill only gets 20 minutes???

Reply #296997 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i reckon the opposite is the case - wright uses him as a spot up shooter - essentially a decoy - whereas he needs the ball in his hands to either create for himself or others. somehow he has got a reputation for himself as a 'volume shooter' - among both his coaches and fans - when he's actually a poor man's ginobili (ok homeless man's) in that he wants to create for other as much as himself - or as mcgregor once said - a more athletic rillie. he's certainly a much better decision maker than gibbo who has somehow come to be seen as a point guard. they ran him in about one pick n roll all game and they got a score - did wright not notice this?

Reply #296998 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

agree on nevill - the guy is a beast.. can't see him being in the NBL beyond this season

Reply #296999 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nevill was in foul trouble - I'm not 100% sure but it could have been 3 or 4 up to half time.

Reply #297002 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Yeah, Nevill struggled with fouls. Shame, because he isn't too bad for Melbourne.

Can anyone catch Homicide on the TPG leaderboard from here?

Reply #297010 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

I was gonna say! Those are Hodge-like numbers! In his first game he was just lobbing full-court passes to his bigs. Ends in a score every now and then but he'll average 6+ TPG if he keeps it up.

Reply #297011 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Nevill does some very good things and some very bad things. Defensively he is awkward and Westover appears to trust Burston down the stretch.

Nevill should definitely be used more, but he still has a long way to go to be one of the best centres in this competition.

Reply #297016 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

As for Williams TOs, he has had 18 in two games! Campbell had 14 in 5 games. Of course, Williams creates more, but still, he was very poor against the Blaze press yesterday.

Reply #297017 | Report this post

Mr Spoon  
Years ago

I saw the engraver last night engraving the Blaze on the wooden spoon, what a bunch of deadbeats who have no respect for the game of basketball

Reply #297025 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Mr Spoon you just copme across as another Troll with comments like that.

Reply #297055 | Report this post

Mr Spoon  
Years ago

not a troll, just a pissed off GC fan. that would make Coach Wright a troll then too as I used his quote from last nights press conference "the players have no respect for the game of basketball"

Reply #297083 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

wow,did joey actually say that out aloud ?

petrie was bringing some real energy to them,now they look like crap for 90 percent of each game.....but i gotta tell ya.......i'm with joey on that one.

Reply #297106 | Report this post

igotmadskills  
Years ago

Im happy they got the W as i had a nice amount on the tigers for the win. surprised corey got trapped in the back court so much though..

Blaze looked pretty bad for over half the game but just wait till they play the sixers - we will make them look good.

Reply #297109 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Homicide like Hodge get off a plane from the US
one day and lead the league in all stats the next.
You see so many players who play like zombies after an hour flight and without their gelling period.

Reply #297126 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Williams wasnt great in either game. He and Hodge racking up stats is really just about how much ball they control in my opinion.

Reply #297146 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:41 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754