Aaron
Years ago

Social Basketball

Looking for somewhere to play social basketball on a week day. Somewhere close to the city or just north of city is preferable.

Topic #2435 | Report this topic

Aaron  
Years ago

I already have a group of 6-7 guys who wants to play basketball and am after an all male competition.

Reply #27245 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Look up the nearest stadium to you in the phone book under BASA and contactthe stadium manager for game nights grades etc.

Reply #27249 | Report this post

Quiet one  
Years ago

There is Pasadena Sports Centre which has male comps on Mon, Wed and Thurs. Phone 82316711.
Wayville Sports Centre also has comp, not sure what nights. Phone 83744818.
The Stadium Manager is Corry Moors.

Reply #27254 | Report this post

Dr Dunkenstein  
Years ago

Aaron, the Eastern Hills Basketball Association has a competition. Its a little hike (20 mins up freeway from the tollgate), but they have senior men playing mon-thursday. Stadium number is 83910222

Reply #27303 | Report this post

statue of liberty  
Years ago

St Clair is another venue in woodville off of woodville rd.. i think

they have a mens comp on thurs nites i think

Reply #27305 | Report this post

queer eye  
Years ago

any all male competition for me !

Reply #27344 | Report this post

statue of liberty  
Years ago

in basketball?

Reply #27359 | Report this post

Bearcat  
Years ago

Ring Port Adelaide Rec Centre and I am sure they will be able to accomodate individuals or teams.
Ph 82410655 (try ringing 9am to 12)

Reply #27477 | Report this post

Forbes 500  
Years ago

As Bob will have a nap in the afternoons and puts the phone on answer machine

Reply #27478 | Report this post

zane  
Years ago

any social basketball happening in the south side of town preferably weeknights???

Reply #139939 | Report this post

adam  
Years ago

any social basketball happening on the weekends guys ?

cheers

Reply #147199 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There is Pasadena Sports Centre which has male comps on Mon, Wed and Thurs. Phone 82316711.

Wouldn't recommend this one!!
We rang up a couple of weeks after the stadium re-opened and we heard social had started back up, and the lady who runs the joint (Catherine?) pretty much told us no way and try next season. Why? Well, the vibe we got was she couldn't be bothered re-doing the program.

Reply #147203 | Report this post

wishIwasgd!  
Years ago

Pasadena ominations open for summer season now. I play there on a Monday night and have been impressed they have looked after current teams by not constantly changing the program and accepting new teams. Used to be at Wayville and things constantly changing was crap. Also they have worked hard to improve player and referees (always a task!)behaviour and any changes are told early, so much better organised than it used to be. Just my view though as a player.
Think all other stadiums would be switching to summer soon and getting new teams entered so ring your local stadium.

Reply #147215 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I would have thought their jobs was to generate as much income from their social programs as possible?
Especially as we were told by the head referee bloke (our initial point of contact who was very helpful) that there was only 12 teams there total and they would be happy to increase numbers.

Reply #147221 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

have to keep your existing customers happy.

Reply #147223 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The stadium was shut down for roughly a year - there were no existing customers!

People found out the stadium re-opened at different times, noted by the fact that there were apparently only 12 teams total there at the time. The season that had commenced when the stadium was shutdown - there was closer to double that number of teams. What happened to these other (roughly) 12 teams? Surely the stadium manager would contact these teams upon stadium reopening to try and get as many teams playing there as possible (and thus increase profit) that were there previously? As few of these teams knew about the stadium reopening, it tends to suggests, again, that laziness is exhibited by the person in this role.

Reply #147233 | Report this post

dawg  
Years ago

Are the people that go to the venues you posted scary? I mean are they mean to people or friendly?

Reply #179948 | Report this post

Michael  
Years ago

I live just north of the city (North Adelaide). looking for a social team to play in for a bit of fun. Let me know if anyone can help me out. my number is 0433040848. I have played for norwood div. 2 teams up until u/20 then i made the switch to footy but want to get back into basketball.

Reply #184367 | Report this post

Sparky  
Years ago

Middle aged (41) Pom from Mawson lakes looking for a social team to play in for fun. Please give me a call on 0401694237 if you can help

Reply #200946 | Report this post

jess  
Years ago

Hi There. Iim a 20y.o female. I've never played basketball for a team and I live out North (Gawler) and am looking to play social basketball for fun and also for fitness. I am free most nights of the week and would love to get involved. If any one knows of any teams out this way looking for players or even down South way I am more than happy.

Thanks.

Jess
([email protected])

Reply #209403 | Report this post

Sarah  
Years ago

A men's basketball team are looking for a social league in the northern suburbs in Adelaide on Saturdays, any suggestions?

Reply #231623 | Report this post

Tim  
Years ago

Looking for people wanting to play social basketball around Sunnybank/Runcorn area in QLD.

Reply #350673 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pretty sure there is a social comp out Parafield Gardens way.

Reply #350677 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

try centrals, woodville, south clubs they seem to be social standard

Reply #351021 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Looking to play social basketball in Newcastle. Do you know of anywhere that socially plays? I haven't played in years so I'm a bit rusty, but just want to pick up the fundamentals of the game again and have some fun. Any ideas or suggestions would be great.

Thanks.

Reply #352229 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Looking for a social men's comp on weekends, anyone know of any?

Reply #355181 | Report this post

Charon  
Years ago

western magic you could try

Reply #355186 | Report this post

Luke  
Years ago

Hey Guys,

Anyone in the Eastern Suburbs Area of Sydney looking to play hoops, Easts Basketball league is always after Men, Women & Juniors for Social competitions. Come check us out eastsbl.com.au

Cheers,
EBL

Reply #460044 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:47 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754