Isaac
Years ago

Questions about Cairns' timing of Williams injury

The byline says "Staff Writer" but it has all the hallmarks of Boti's work. This rumour re the timing of Kerry Williams' injury has been going around for a few weeks now, BTW:

If your under-24 player is injured in the pre-season, you must replace him with an under-24.

But, and here's a but of which even Tony Ronaldson would be proud, if your under-24 player is injured during the season, you can replace him with an unrestricted player.

So, miraculously, Williams is activated to play, yet does not hit the court for a single second in Cairns' 20-point win over Gold Coast.

Now, even though it's usually a 12-month injury, Williams is back, allegedly, then suddenly goes down in practice and is out for the year.

The Taipans - coincidentally the club which pushed this under-24 rule vagary - now are looking to bring in Lindsay Tait.

Full article
Far be it from me to suggest impropriety but my (e)mail is the NBL has requested an independent medical report on Williams' condition.

Stay tuned.
Adelaide could do worse than grab Lindsay Tait if they made a move on Winder IMO.

Topic #24371 | Report this topic

cpark59  
Years ago

Boy does Boti write a lot of crap.

Reply #297428 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

i suppose taking something good from something bad is not really good for everyone!!

we would rather that kerry was fit!!

Reply #297436 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its quite clearly a pre season injury

Season over for Taipan Williams
September 07, 2010, 10:28 AM AEST

By: Emma Greenwood - Cairns Post

Go to:News

THE Taipans have moved quickly to reassure Kerry Williams he remains a big part of their future plans despite his season-ending knee injury.

Reply #297437 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

cpark59, that's quite the argument you've made there. Count me convinced...

Reply #297462 | Report this post

cpark59  
Years ago

I was more so referring to the rest of the article (foul differential, King's import etc.)

Reply #297467 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

What was questionable about the Kings import section? Seemed to be mostly quoted material to me.

Reply #297470 | Report this post

cpark59  
Years ago

Again, I was just being general haha. I didn't have a problem with that particular topic, I was just referring to most of the smaller topics. The ones that I think are rubbish are: The Taipan's/Hawks foul differential, Penney's stat drop and the Blaze one.

Reply #297487 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:50 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754