Wayne
Years ago

Worst 36 er of all time

Was arguing with a mate about this the other day.

I said Kym Taylor without a doubt

He countered with Dan Clausen.

Your thoughts????

Clearly I am right!!!!

Topic #24391 | Report this topic

KB3  
Years ago

How can the leading ave rebounder in 36er history for a season be in this conversation?

Reply #297504 | Report this post

KB3  
Years ago

For the record clausen averaged 30 and 18 in 1984. Second highest ppg all time as well as highest rbpg all time.

Perhaps he should be thought of a bit more fondly.

Reply #297505 | Report this post

Wayne  
Years ago

love it keep it coming, clausen was awesome, my sparring partner must have only seen him in his last season.

So Kym Taylor is on the money, ay other nominess for worst 36 er?

Reply #297506 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jason Williams worst sixer I can remember.

Reply #297508 | Report this post

Winitinaminute  
Years ago

jason williams was crap cant shoot
jojo english was worst import

Reply #297510 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Jojo averaged 14.8 ppg over in 21 games for the 36ers during '95.
Thus far, Winder is averaging 10.6 ppg on on 33 % fg shooting and 13 % from the 3 (3-23!!)

Last time I checked 14.8 was greater than 10.6 unless my maths is really bad. I don't know Jojo's shooting stats, but it wouldn't be too hard to beat 33 % shooting FG and 3/23 from 3.

Reply #297511 | Report this post

missed out  
Years ago

harsh topic, all were better than probably all of these people writing. And my son was a bloody good player.
regards Mrs Taylor

Reply #297518 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Paris McCurdy

Reply #297520 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Putting it out there, Julius Hodge. May have had some decent numbers, but his personality, MAJOR down side.

Reply #297521 | Report this post

green 15  
Years ago

Kym Taylor by a mile.

He had his own ufinism (spelling)

At ABA level if you had more fouls than points, you had a Kym Taylor game.

Reply #297523 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Some of my mates recon Charles Thomas was pretty ordinary. Don't recall his stats but I thought he was better than some other imports we've had.

Reply #297524 | Report this post

swish  
Years ago

Mark Tyndale?

Reply #297525 | Report this post

and1  
Years ago

brad hill #1

Reply #297526 | Report this post

vanexel31  
Years ago

Jerry Denard?

Reply #297528 | Report this post

vanexel31  
Years ago

Nathan Hawkes

but the ultimate worst Sixer ever in my eyes:

Todd Gower

Reply #297529 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Obviously like every team there have been a few scrubs over the years but in terms of longevity and sheer annoyance I'm saying Jason Williams. Not a year went by that I hoped he'd get cut and every year he'd be back on the team again.

Justin Brown?

Reply #297531 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Aaaah, the old Jason Williams bashing begins again. Hard to say he's the worst 36er of all-time when he played over 200 games. Logic says he was doing something right to be signed year after year.

Worst 36er of all-time would have to be a one-and-done player who was in the active roster. If you extend it to players in the full squad, then Mark Sykes, Tom Daly etc are included.

Kind of shows how silly it is to bring up such a topic. I say to all these guys - you played NBL and when I last checked, I didn't. Probably makes me the worst 36er of all-time that never made the team.

Reply #297539 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Jordy Dodman was pretty useless.
He couldn't even catch a ball under the basket by himself.

Reply #297543 | Report this post

';'  
Years ago

Agreed Moses, None of these posters have done even close to what these people have done in basketball, yet they are the judges. Pathetic.

Reply #297544 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tim Brenton & Nathan Hawkes. Large ego's, little game.

Reply #297545 | Report this post

I sometime wonder if the only way some people can feel better is by putting other people down .....

Reply #297549 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Craig winder

Reply #297551 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kym Taylor & Paris Mcurdy then Schaeffer. By the way IMO Tim Brenton was pretty good , just didnt get the chance. He could shoot !

Reply #297557 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

OMG what sort of twisted god mentality motivates a post like this. Just typical of the pea brained mentality that thrives here in SA, the capital city of tall poppy syndrome!
Yeah, we get it all here on Hoops and I'm not talking about the more interesting critiques of the game, I’m talking the knockers and haters- the has beens or never have beens that present themselves here as expect opinion in the shade of nameless/faceless anonymity. Not to mention the pig parent culture in this state that, but for the diligence of Isaac, would have us subjected to continual attacks and innuendo about developing kids. Well done SA - a lot of shit in the tiddlers pool of Aussie basketball,

Leave the past players alone, they dedicated a lot to their sport and have to personally live with the successes and failures of that effort. To make a sport of naming the worst player is just damned disrespectful.

I wonder how many of you self professed experts floating around in this nether world really understand the spirit of the game or what it means to be a true supporter.

Reply #297559 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Rant over !

Were you named in the post? Or wanted to be named?

Reply #297560 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

i doubt any of these people naming the worst 36er player have ever player for the 6ers so ur all just jealous.

Reply #297561 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Ah, one of the high minded serial posters, Mr Toft. No Sir Jack, no claim to 36ers notoriety bad or good. Don't have the right appendage unlike some who use theirs instead of a head.

How about your Basketball CV? Any claim to fame?

Reply #297564 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

Jason Williams by a mile. That guy was worthless.

Reply #297565 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

You know Anon, they say the worst thing about being talked about, is NOT being talked about.....

Reply #297566 | Report this post

Junga  
Years ago

Geez, if never playing professional basketball meant that you couldn't criticise professional basketballers than a lot of the fun of following professional basketball would be removed.

For example, a big part of what would make being a Lakers fan fun is following the brilliance of Kobe. But it would also be making fun of Vujacic.

Likewise, surely being a Celtics fan is a little less fun this season without having the play of Scalabrine to marvel at.

I mean, it isn't the point of following basketball but marvelling at the apparent ineptness of some players is a bit of fun too. I used to be in equal awe of Jason Williams and Brett Maher but for completely different reasons. And I don't feel guilty about that.

Reply #297567 | Report this post

Mr bEn  
Years ago

Paul Bauer

Reply #297574 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

"Don't have the right appendage unlike some who use theirs instead of a head"

ROFL.

Reply #297577 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

People criticize politicians without being one themselves. People bag movies without being directors. People criticize music without being singers. People criticize basketballers without ever playing NBL themselves. Get over it. There would be a lot less to talk about in this world if everyone had to "walk in their shoes" before making any criticism.

And don't pretend it's just an Adelaide/Hoops SA thing. I saw the Lakers Nation Facebook page pose this question about their team just a few weeks ago. And I don't know where you're from Anon, but Melbourne football fans are among the worst at this.

Reply #297600 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Mike Dunlap, but I'm biased.

Reply #297633 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

For the purposes of equal opportunity, shouldn't someone start a thread "Worst Lightning Player of all time"?

Reply #297647 | Report this post

Ando  
Years ago

"Jerry Denard?"

You have just upset me. Jerry was a Fu*!en legend.

The times we would see that bloke with the "Hair Suit" come on and cheer.... memories...

Reply #297650 | Report this post

Wam Soosnam  
Years ago

I can trump all of you

RICKY NOAK!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #297652 | Report this post

Stringer Bell  
Years ago

Worst 6ers supporters of all time = Wayne and his dickhead mate

Reply #297668 | Report this post

Joe M  
Years ago

For the hype and cost - worse 36ers of all time = Paul Rogers

Worse in talent = Kym Taylor.

Reply #297673 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Jerry Denard looked silly but the dude was all heart and hustle.

I say for the promise of hype and the biggest let down was Paris McCurdy - he was terrible. I was lead to believe he could play all 5 positions - yeah he could play them all ... badly. I would have been happy with 1.

We have had a slew of terrible imports who have failed to produce but think he is the stand out.

Reply #297724 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

paris - only had 3 faults
couldnt shoot
couldnt defend
couldnt play
apart from that had it all

Reply #297764 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:19 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754